Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the voice of "Gloom and Doom"? This is going to be a disaster. I am looking at the worst case scenario, that would make the "Black Death", seem like a cocktail party.

I can easily see riots, and complete anarchy occurring in areas of the United States, if the supply chain breaks down. I believe that our government has been seriously downplaying the enormity of this situation, because there would be widespread panic. Even more than what is currently happening.

RBBM....

I agree with you. As much as I don't want to believe it or say it, this is worse than we know.

No, working at making the world a better place ....I'm retired after 45 yrs healthcare administration. I've partnered/networked/ been in most every part of health in that time. Live in Virginia but have traveled the US for work, feel like I'm a part of most states. Had a wonderful a wonderful ride. Now I get to pick my battle/causes.

That is so great! Thank you so much for your service @Simply Southern! I bet you made a huge difference during your work years and continue in your retirement years. I love your Avatar (and your posts) BTW.... Very beautiful!

In all honesty, how can WMT or any big box store expect every employee to NOT get the virus?
I’m concerned about the huge manufacturing plants. They refuse to close, will they one day need a telemarketing firm to handle call-ins? Imo, if its in WMT, no place is exempt.

I seriously doubt the world will ever be as it once was.
Not for anyone over 50, Jmo.
Maybe young people will learn from this & realize the importance of saving for a rainy or virus day. Some might learn what is really important in life.
Think about a normal, pre Covid 19 day, all the things we touched, a lot of times unable to properly wash our hands. Every item we touch was touched by how many? Just touching a door knob is a risk.

"Big Yellow Taxi" Joni Mitchell

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone.."

A very popular local consignment shop chain in our county keeps posting ads on SM inviting people to come shop. They are also taking consignment items as normal. They say it's safe because they wipe the counter down every 2 hours. They have at least 5 shops around here.

Hopefully no one obliges.
My neighbor was at WMT around 5, only bc we knew they got a truck and for a few minutes had TP. He was too late, but told me every, yes every woman at WMT had kids in the store. Why?
A very popular local consignment shop chain in our county keeps posting ads on SM inviting people to come shop. They are also taking consignment items as normal. They say it's safe because they wipe the counter down every 2 hours. They have at least 5 shops around here.

WASHINGTON

Big news from Seattle's Human Services Department. The city will set up portable toilets, hand-washing stations and hygiene trailers in response to COVID-19 -- and pause obstruction removals unless there is an "extreme circumstance." Story TK. More here: COVID 19 Response: Update on City efforts to expand shelter, hygiene, and outreach to individuals experiencing homelessness
What if there is an obstruction removal needed in a portable toilet ?......moo

Just ridiculous. But our local PD had a front page, pre Covid announcement. They notified is they only had 4 LE on duty after 11 pm. Moo

Well, the positive side, they have notified the community. Folks are going to need to step up and be vigilant in monitoring their community, be more prepared and help each other out.

I have a scanner, it is amazing the 911 dispatch calls. Send LE my kid won't do their homework, my neighbor cut my tree branch, barking dogs, it goes on all evening.

Don't know what state you are in nut, Virginia Sheriffs can deputize folks, to help out.

CT - More Craziness from CT - local IMO crackpot attorney Norm Pattis vows to sue City of New Haven if they impose shelter in place order to keep citizens safe.

Mayor Considers Shelter-In-Place Order | New Haven Independent

Sad IMO to see frivolous motions/cases being brought to Court during a time of crisis when Govt is trying to best it can to keep citizens safe. Very sorry to hear that such cases might be filed when resources of the State are so limited and the situation in CT regarding testing kits and hospital beds is so dire. The City of New Haven has better things to spend its money on during this time of crisis than a frivolous lawsuit by an attention seeking local attorney.

Very sad that Atty. Pattis didn't read the wonderful NYT article about the impact of altering the COVID19 curve in the US. Sad to see personal/self interest of attention seeking attorneys take precedence over public health and well being during a time of crisis IMO.

These Places Could Run Out of Hospital Beds as Coronavirus Spreads

MOO

Coronavirus Test Developed, And Available, At Evanston Hospital, With Results In Just Hours – CBS Chicago

"As the United States desperately scrambles to find enough tests for COVID-19, a hospital in Evanston has developed one that can provide results in just a few hours.

The test, created in the Molecular Lab at North Shore University Health System, Evanston Hospital, was first used last Thursday. The lab has conducted 400 tests to day, with 10 percent testing positive for COVID 19. The hospital aims to be able to test 1,000 by next week. It has been used mostly for their hospital patients, but it has been made available for some patients at other hospitals as well."

At some point, everyone is going to be exposed to CoVid19. If a person doesn't hang out with the over 50 crowd, then having the kids go through exposure while they're still out of school isn't a bad idea.

If we were a rational society, we'd have the kids and teens in school about ⅓ or ½ time. That would still flatten the curve. Parents would need to isolate their families from older people, but with kids in school getting CoVid at a slower pace, old people would get it at a slower pace too

People with pre-existing conditions who are over 70 need to self-quarantine. But unless they intend to do it for life, even that is untenable. Maybe the vaccine will work on us old folks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500