Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, last time. Horry County, South Caroline. Case no. 73435FAHUNLET

Offense code 2671. Misdemeanor Domestic Violence. Charged not convicted.

I do not know the date of the DV event for which she was arrested, only that on Nov 19, 2010 it was disposed by the court. AFAIK, SC did not have mandatory DV appearances by LE at that time, but I could be wrong.

I doubt she went to a police station and turned herself in. Rather, I imagine that someone called LE to the house and LS was arrested, but that others decided not to testify (very common).

I'm using one of the background check programs that we use to....check teachers' backgrounds.

Thanks @10ofRods

The reason I asked for verification of the state for the case number you posted is that I can find no case numbers in the SC court system that use the first 3 letters of the offender's last and first name. After getting "no results" using 73435FAHUNLET
I did try searching the court database with only the numbers and came up with 7 cases that were not related in any fashion to TS (or to each other) and involved different people going back to 2005. Two were criminal charges involving male defendants (not DV), one was for littering, and the others were traffic offenses. Adding the "FA" part of the case number to the numbers yielded no results. I also tried searching for cases disposed of on Nov 19, 2010. I found 5-6 but hers did not come up. So it's a bit of a mystery why it's invisible in the court database.

So far as the reliability of The Sun's reporting (where the DV charge was reported) here's an example:

"She had married Gannon’s father Eugene Albert Stauch by then [referring to the time of teaching license suspension in SC], a little over a year after divorcing her first husband.

It was the second marriage for both husband and wife."

Heartbroken mother of Gannon Stauch stares down Letecia Stauch in court as she is charged with his murder

SC court records show the divorce judgment for TS and her first husband was entered in December, 2011. So far as I know AS and TS married in January 2015. It's quite a stretch to me to call from Dec 2011 to Jan 2015 "a little over a year."

JMO

Yes it will be horrific for a lot of us, as we won’t want to hear it. She has already been accused of calling him stupid and a loser, etc. I’m sure that was the best she did. That video she “accidentally” released telling him they would have to come up with a list of things to sell, maybe even the sofa, to pay for the carpet made me see red.
I am sorry about your situation, My parents also believed in spanking but I only got two spankings in my life that I remember and I truly deserved them both and appreciated my parents for teaching me right from wrong. I didn’t grow up in fear. Never once was I emotionally or physically abused. I’m thankful.
Same here. I remember hearing when I was in my 20's about friends dealing with abuse and even SA in their home and I had never known anyone before that dealt with that. They only told me because they had been drinking and thought I knew.
I remember going to my parents house and telling them Thank you for bringing me up the way they did and not putting me in harms way. they didnt understand why I was saying this but I did tell them how much I appreciated my home life and even though I may have been mad about them always wanting to know where I was or who I was with, I now, as an adult, understand and appreciate it.
I never had fear and my heart hurts for the ones that grew up with it.

Gannon is my hero!
Thank you all, for your guidance. I wanted to make sure that my info actually had some merit, before I called it in...

the tip line is manned during business hours, I left msg.
I will follow up tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, I will locate email address if available and attach my px as well to an email. Tonite, I will try to compile everything, concise and in order.

Do we have any method of determining which areas have been extensively searched or droned?

It is one thing to “say” surrounding areas searched, I like to check them off(twice)

There is a lot of area, and Gannon a small boy!

Justice for Gannon!

CCP: I am near powers and woodmen and am feeling compelled to go search this area mentioned by the ditch. Is it safe to go alone? I could open carry if necessary. Would need to sneak away from “working from home”
Can you go in the daylight, and yes, carry, but take a "lunch break" to be within corporate rules.
or take someone with you ???
I personally will and have searched alone, but only in daylight.

CCP: I am near powers and woodmen and am feeling compelled to go search this area mentioned by the ditch. Is it safe to go alone? I could open carry if necessary. Would need to sneak away from “working from home”
Do you have a friend locally who is,LE? Would that friend accompany you on the search? I would be afraid of what I might find if I were alone.....just me, though. IMHO

Sorry I missed it. I missed someone else, too. I get lost refreshing.
I remember the name of merksteckle or whatever being searched, I'll have to find the correct spelling and look. I'm slow, but slower on pictures, so I'll look for WHERE they've searched... Not that it won't need searched again. Looking for a runaway or lost child is not going to be the same as tight grid searching for ALL evidence. MOO
Gannon is my hero!
How DO you find where they have searched?
Justice for Gannon!

Thank you Spartygirl and Pavelsky for the super timely response. So no tracking info. due to her leaving her cell phone at home, from what I recall ?
And, there was no gps on the vehicle? That’s one thing I’ve never been clear on. Again, thanks so much for the update. :)
I think there is GPS they (LE ) is following and they have searched in those areas.
I have followed a few of DA Dan May's cases, and I have every bit of confidence in him and the team.
I wish they would find him and I feel they are doing everything possible to find Gannon also.
I have faith in them.

Gannon is my hero!
Justice for Gannon!
Well, we, as the public only have what has been publicly announced as search areas via news and twitter and the LE office.
I honestly believe there are other searches being done that they have not publicly announced. but that is JMO

Gannon is my hero!
Justice for Gannon!
It's harder than I thought it would be. I *thought I remembered Marksheffel Rd being searched (thought there was an intersection named) - But now, IDK, only thing I found was that they live near there. :-(

ETA - I am going to search threads for Marksheffel Rd.bc I'm 95% sure IF I saw it, it was here. :-/

Misdemeanors too? I do not know if all the states are the same. For my state --- State Prison time (over a year, felonies) is different than County Jail time (usually misdemeanors, usually under 365 days) MOO

I am a NC resident -- all my life, so far! Here is how it works in NC:
When someone is arrested by local LE -- city/county (not federal), the individual is under the county's jurisdiction and housed -- if not bailed out -- in the local county jail. When that person is tried, or takes a plea, the jurisdiction for the trial or the plea is done by the county courts. If convicted by trial or by plea, s/he is sentenced to prison or probation. Then s/he then comes under the jurisdiction of the State of NC, the Dept of Public Safety -- the county is no longer involved. That is when the record can be seen at the link below. Individuals under 16 are not listed here since they are under special state jurisdiction as minors.

NC DPS Offender Public Information

Hey All,

Was there a hearing about the divorce today? I can't find anything. It was supposed to be today

Good question. I haven't seen anything updated but I'm not sure if that's because my news feed is clogged with the COVID19 news or because there was no hearing.
I know in many, many jurisdictions, non-emergency and non-criminal cases have been "postponed" for now.
I haven't read yet, either way.

Gannon is my hero ! I reported myself, and also referenced your px, ie how do we make sure this area has been searched, droned, and researched...guidance from more experienced members?
Based on her liespeak, I am pretty sure he IS close to a ditch, but not in it, and that sheeas near a ditch..,Justice for Gannon!
Maybe contact one of the drone companies that helped search and give them your information? Maybe they can search the area.

Can you go in the daylight, and yes, carry, but take a "lunch break" to be within corporate rules.
or take someone with you ???
I personally will and have searched alone, but only in daylight.

Can some of you search together? I hate thinking of one of you being alone when/if you do stumble across anything :(

It's harder than I thought it would be. I *thought I remembered Marksheffel Rd being searched (thought there was an intersection named) - But now, IDK, only thing I found was that they live near there. :-(

ETA - I am going to search threads for Marksheffel Rd.bc I'm 95% sure IF I saw it, it was here. :-/

marksheffel and bradley was the intersection recently searched
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Good question. I haven't seen anything updated but I'm not sure if that's because my news feed is clogged with the COVID19 news or because there was no hearing.
I know in many, many jurisdictions, non-emergency and non-criminal cases have been "postponed" for now.
I haven't read yet, either way.
I haven’t heard anything either but looks like it was still on the docket for 8:15 this morning. Hope for AS’s sake it is over and done with.
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Google "passing the trash"....I've learned too much having four kids in public s chools. I homes homeschool and will never again trust strangers with my kids. I alwAys said I'd never homeschool but surprise! We lovelovelove it!
There’s also a good documentary. Can’t recall the title.

IMO I cannot get past the fact that she was allowed to work in a school in any capacity! Just the fact that she was arrested (at least) this many times is really disturbing. It says to me that police had enough evidence to haul her in at the time the offense occurred or to issue a warrant after the fact. While charges may have eventually been resolved in her favor, pleaded down or dismissed, the number of arrests alone are more than enough to show me she’s a dishonest, violent, threatening individual. That they’re older arrests doesn’t make me feel any better either. She probably honed her nefarious skills with time. Who knows how many other names she may have used??? Normal people do not get arrested this often.
I know what you mean by "normal" people do not get arrested this often. But
IMO I cannot get past the fact that she was allowed to work in a school in any capacity! Just the fact that she was arrested (at least) this many times is really disturbing. It says to me that police had enough evidence to haul her in at the time the offense occurred or to issue a warrant after the fact. While charges may have eventually been resolved in her favor, pleaded down or dismissed, the number of arrests alone are more than enough to show me she’s a dishonest, violent, threatening individual. That they’re older arrests doesn’t make me feel any better either. She probably honed her nefarious skills with time. Who knows how many other names she may have used??? Normal people do not get arrested this often.
I understand what you mean about "normal" people don't get arrested this much. However, many run ins with the law are more common for some people, thru not much fault of their own, such as unfortunately being targeted as a person of color which does happen, also being economically disadvantaged puts some people in front of the cops more often. The sad history in this country of Native Americans being oppressed is something to note, since I have read somewhere that Tecia counts as her ancestry. Obviously that does not give her an excuse. Just something to take into consideration for some of the minor offenses she has. HOWEVER, Bomb Threats?!!? TWICE?? That's not a common offense. To me that's a definite sign of a disturbed person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth