Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
delusions about what he told his brother or the nursing staff? By what Ms O said, he was fully coherent when he told her about the best mate, little boy and the 300kms. I wonder how close together the visits were made by the brother?
I noted what she said and it gave me pause but I have some residual doubts. However, it's also interesting that RP retained the belief over several months that the alleged event occurred. It's not like he had an acute episode that occasioned delusions and then was able to look back at it and realize he was off the planet at the time.

Gosh.. an older couple involved in the court process? could that be BS and MS? IMO
Or maybe they have enough to proceed with an arrest ! Doubtful but wishful thinking in these tough times
thats what I’m thinking too. The only thing that worries me is the fact that FA has nothing to lose. He knows he’s pretty much going to spend whatever’s left of his life behind bars and confessing will make him the most hated man in Australia. Not sure how police will get what they need from him to bring William home. BUT I continue to have faith. This case has come so far in the last couple of weeks. Pray for the best

I think FA was scheduled to testify via 'video link' from his jail cell (as per Lia Harris article - but mind you, it is an older article); as well, Angela Eschler(sp) gave evidence via video link IIRC:

10 News First can exclusively reveal Frank Abbott is a key person of interest in the disappearance and suspected abduction of the toddler, set to testify at the inquest from his jail cell.
Abbott is expected to testify via video link when the inquest into William Tyrrell’s disappearance resumes in March 2020.
William Tyrrell: Convicted Paedophile Named As New Key Suspect

But I imagine they don't want the vulnerable among their family and friends dying of the infection either? Or in the wider population?
IMO i don't think coronavirus is the reason. It doesn't make sense. They have been in court now for half of the second week of the inquest, with it finishing by Friday. So 2 days to go. Coronavirus has an incubation period of about 2 weeks before a person realizes they are infected. All the people that have already been in court until today would have been infected by now if that was the case, IMO.

IMO i don't think coronavirus is the reason. It doesn't make sense. They have been in court now for half of the second week of the inquest, with it finishing by Friday. So 2 days to go. Coronavirus has an incubation period of about 2 weeks before a person realizes they are infected. All the people that have already been in court until today would have been infected by now if that was the case, IMO.
The prevalence in the community is increasing. Every day there's an increased risk of someone with the virus coming in. I don't think court workers who don't exactly choose to be there would have that point of view, that if they were going to catch it they'd have it already.

I've gone off-topic and I'm stopping now.

Several witnesses are yet to be called including one of the key persons of interest - convicted pedophile Frank Abbott.
Deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame told the court today that the matter would be adjourned in an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, with a directions hearing to be held at some point in the future. However, she emphasised that the police investigation is still ongoing.

Coronavirus halts William Tyrrell inquest

Unless perhaps the coroner already knew they'd have to schedule another 'tranche' to complete W's inquest? I can't see how they would've expected to be finished up on Friday in the first place, especially considering all of the delays and half-days, and screw-ups and etc. So if they knew it'd have to be extended anyway, then maybe not so bad.. except that they then run the risk of these older individuals becoming deceased (!!!!!!!!!!!) imo.

So there is a conspiracy going on? Are you serious? I don't know what country you live in karinna but I'd suggest you look up your own country's guidelines and directives wrt corona virus and just live by them, instead of slaying ours. Our gov has declared new rules about gatherings... and there are exceptions - & this inquest does not meet the criteria for exceptions (so far) so there is nothing Harriet can do except what is governed. There is no conspiracy. It's unfortunate, to say the least. I do believe it will give more time to collate information, so in one tiny respect, it may be helpful in that way - all of us wish this could finish & the perp/s be arrested & charged, but we are under guidelines and we are obliged to follow them.

Unless perhaps the coroner already knew they'd have to schedule another 'tranche' to complete W's inquest? I can't see how they would've expected to be finished up on Friday in the first place, especially considering all of the delays and half-days, and screw-ups and etc. So if they knew it'd have to be extended anyway, then maybe not so bad.. except that they then run the risk of these older individuals becoming deceased (!!!!!!!!!!!) imo.
BBM, That could well be?
And i agree with you about wrapping it up by Friday. Wonder how many more witnesses they are hoping to get through hearing yet?
I certainly couldn't see any problem with extending it for another week if necessary, if that is what was needed to get the job done. Maybe the coroner should of set aside a bit longer for it too knowing the amount of witnesses they were going to call up to give testimony, and if they got done earlier than that it would be all well and good.

So there is a conspiracy going on? Are you serious? I don't know what country you live in karinna but I'd suggest you look up your own country's guidelines and directives wrt corona virus and just live by them, instead of slaying ours. Our gov has declared new rules about gatherings... and there are exceptions - & this inquest does not meet the criteria for exceptions (so far) so there is nothing Harriet can do except what is governed. There is no conspiracy. It's unfortunate, to say the least. I do believe it will give more time to collate information, so in one tiny respect, it may be helpful in that way - all of us wish this could finish & the perp/s be arrested & charged, but we are under guidelines and we are obliged to follow them.
You are misconstruing my post. That wasn't the point i was making at all.
I also posted up Australia's guidelines with a link upthread.

Last edited:
Brother and sister?

Not sister.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·2h
Mr Porter’s wife Irma is now in the witness box. She told the court Ray told her the police had been asking him about Frank and whether or not he could drive, she said Ray told them “Frank can’t drive”.

Just wanted to clarify that 'Irma' Porter is Ray Porter's brother, Tom's wife, not Ray's wife, in case there was any confusion.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·7m
Tom Porter, Ray’s brother, is now in the witness box. He described Ray as “sort of a loner” and said he was “easily influenced” by others who often “took advantage of him”.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·4m
Mr Porter told the court he and his wife regularly visited Ray in the nursing home in Port Macquarie in 2018 and 2019. The court heard they “didn’t know much about his life in 2014”.
Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·8m
Replying to @LiaJHarris
Mr Porter’s wife Irma is now in the witness box. She told the court Ray told her the police had been asking him about Frank and whether or not he could drive, she said Ray told them “Frank can’t drive”.
Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·17m
Ms Porter is asked about the conversation with nurse Renee Jenner in Ray’s room. She told the court they told Ray not to talk about “the little boy” because it upset him and that “Ray was only a few days away from death and very confused and muddled and very ill”.

Just wanted to clarify that 'Irma' Porter is Ray Porter's brother, Tom's wife, not Ray's wife, in case there was any confusion.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·7m
Tom Porter, Ray’s brother, is now in the witness box. He described Ray as “sort of a loner” and said he was “easily influenced” by others who often “took advantage of him”.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·4m
Mr Porter told the court he and his wife regularly visited Ray in the nursing home in Port Macquarie in 2018 and 2019. The court heard they “didn’t know much about his life in 2014”.
Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·8m
Replying to @LiaJHarris
Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·17m
Ms Porter is asked about the conversation with nurse Renee Jenner in Ray’s room. She told the court they told Ray not to talk about “the little boy” because it upset him and that “Ray was only a few days away from death and very confused and muddled and very ill”.
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member