Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various news sources:

only two countries that have had the virus for a while have tested lower than US for cases per million:

US. 20/1M
Canada 16/1M
Japan 7/1/M
(Worldometers.com updated end of day March 17)

And here are the approx number of tests each of those countries has performed:

US. 30k
Canada 6k
Japan. 8k

positives, people

JMO

My hubby and I have been discussing this. We came to the conclusion that we would roll with this together.

We live in a small cottage. Almost impossible to be totally separated. At this point, if one of us has been infected, so has the other.

So far, neither of us has any symptoms. But I did fly out of town, in and out of LAX. :eek:...In one more week, if I am still w/out symptoms, I will be relieved.

And my husband did go to the DMV about a week ago...Tried to talk him out of it too....:rolleyes:
It seems possible that up to 50 percent of corona infected patients show no symptoms. In the village of one of the first corona patients in Italy, all 3,300 inhabitants were tested twice, and the first test showed that 3 percent were positive, half of them without symptoms. After 10 days of isolation for those tested positive and everyone they had seen, only 0,3 percent had the virus, 6 of those were asymptomatic and stayed in quarantine.
Studie i italiensk by: ”Hälften av de smittade saknade symtom”

Very early Tuesday morning my cousin Jim passed away of the Coronavirus. He was in good health & had no underlying medical issues/diseases.

Additionally, the state that I live in, West Virginia announced Tuesday evening that they have their first positive case.

I am so sorry for your loss. This is devastating. Prayers for you and your family.

There seems to be a lot of mom and kid bashing on here. I’m really not understanding when people are saying they’re full of empathy and they’re not.

If you’re seeing mom and kids out and about, then that means you’re out and about! I know as a senior, single person, my food needs are much less than a mom and her kids. For all we know maybe mom’s been home for five days and now she’s run out of milk and cereal and eggs, and needs food for her kids, and because the only people she can get to babysit are grandparents, who are elderly and at risk, she has to take the kids with her. But guess what? if all the grandmas & grampas and the people at risk stay home, they won’t be at risk will they? And maybe that mom needs somebody to help babysit those kids so she can go get food for them, so we could all feel free to volunteer and help her couldn’t we?

Comments on here about “everyone’s me, me, me”, as they go “Me, me, me and I, I, I”, so who’s being selfish? the mom who needs to feed her kids? Or the person who may be high-risk and is concerned about their health but they’re out anyway ?

As for the mom and kids having a “specific”time to shop, they do have a time to shop. There are many stores that are now doing senior ONLY shopping hours, which means the rest of the hours can be available for all the moms and all their kids who also need to eat. Problem solved!

This whole difficult situation (Which affects all of us, by the way, including the moms with the kids) would be much better if people would have empathy, look beyond their own selfish “needs” (or their wants), get in the solution and look at the positives instead of pointing fingers.

JMO

Well said. Hey, when I mentioned kids screaming."I don’t mind that.......I always encouraged my fur baby to bark at things all he wanted. “ good bodyguard!!!” ...I would tell him. I miss that little *advertiser censored*.

IRAN

⚠️Iran epidemic >>> China. Iran faces coronavirus catastrophe: Scientists estimate Iran will not reach peak epidemic till late May, and up to 3.5 million people could die as a result - due to lack of international aid and mismanagement. #COVID19 Iran faces catastrophic death toll from coronavirus | DW | 17.03.2020

Iran currently has the third-highest number of coronavirus deaths worldwide, though many suspect the true number of corona-related illnesses and deaths there is far higher than currently known. The World Health Organization (WHO) said Tuesday it believes the actual numbers could be five times higher.

In the city of Qom, where Iran's first death was registered on February 19, workers have been busy digging graves. On March 12, the The Washington Post newspaper published satellite images showing hastily expanded cemeteries, with masses of graves being dug on acres of adjacent land.

No mom and kid bashing.
Mom's with teenagers and little kids by the dozens (24+) hanging around the entrance to a gas/snack shop more loitering than anything, with 2 police cars.
- seen from a red light from my car.
Probably up to no good.
I'm guessing the mom's were called to come get teens.
(I may have said out and about shopping, but I wasn't telling the whole story.)
I was trying to minimize it.
If you knew that area you'd understand.
IMHO
Circumstances/full details are always important, it sounds like possibly criminal behavior involved and that is certainly different than the poor mom having to shop for groceries. Thanks for the clarification!

No mom and kid bashing.
Mom's with teenagers and little kids by the dozens (24+) hanging around the entrance to a gas/snack shop more loitering than anything, with 2 police cars.
- seen from a red light from my car.
Probably up to no good.
I'm guessing the mom's were called to come get teens.
(I may have said out and about shopping, but I wasn't telling the whole story.)
I was trying to minimize it.
If you knew that area you'd understand.
IMHO
Circumstances/full details are always important, it sounds like possibly criminal behavior involved and that is certainly different than the poor mom having to shop for groceries. Thanks for the Clarification!

HAWAII

Hawaii is asking visitors to postpone their vacations for at least the next 30 days and reschedule for a later date Hawaii governor asks visitors to postpone their vacations

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - The governor released a sweeping set of directives Tuesday aimed at stopping the spread of coronavirus in Hawaii and preventing a broader health care crisis.

Here’s a look at everything he directed:

• Social gatherings should be limited to 10 people or fewer.
  • Bars, clubs, theaters and tourist attractions are being told to close.
  • Restaurants will also have to close or provide drive-thru, take out, pick-up, or delivery.
  • Residents are being asked to avoid discretionary travel, and state employees are being told to cancel all but essential travel. (Those who do travel will have to be self-isolated for 14 days.)
  • All places of worship and gatherings should be suspended.
  • All non-essential state workers are being told to stay home for at least 15 days.
  • Visitors are being asked to stay away for at least 30 days, and the state will bolster screening of cruise ship passengers. Travelers by air will also undergo more screening.
  • People who are at high-risk (such as the elderly) should stay home.
  • Visitation should be suspended at nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
  • Households with a positive COVID-19 patient should self-quarantine.
  • Utilities have been told to ensure they can continue to operate.
  • The one-week waiting period for unemployment has been waived.
  • Most state gathering places are closed, including libraries, parks, the state Capitol building, Aloha Stadium, Hawaii Convention Center, and the State Art Museum.
LIST: From bar closures to cruise ship screening, here are all of Ige’s COVID-19 directives

Isn’t it crazy that we are here? I feel this huge sense of unreality sometimes. Do you guys feel that? Like this is a crazy nightmare we are going to wake up from?

I’ve been feeling that way since Nov. 9 2016, but still living a normal-ish life. This has taken away the veneer of normalcy and here we are in the truly surreal that is inescapable. (I hope that makes sense.)

No, my friend, I believe we will go the way of significant impact.

CHINA

Reuters: CHINA'S FOREIGN MINISTRY, ASKED ABOUT EXPULSION OF U.S. JOURNALISTS , SAYS CHINA'S MEASURES ARE COUNTERMEASURES TO U.S.'S UNREASONABLE OPPRESSION.

Reuters ASKED ABOUT EXPULSION OF U.S. JOURNALISTS , SAYS CHINA COMPELLED TO TAKE THE MEASURES.

Reuters: - ASKED ABOUT EXPULSION OF U.S. JOURNALISTS , SAYS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS SITUATION LIES NOT WITH CHINA.

Reuters: ASKED ABOUT EXPULSION OF U.S. JOURNALISTS , SAYS URGES U.S. TO DISCARD IDEOLOGICAL PREJUDICE AND COLD WAR MENTALITY.

Reuters: CHINA'S FOREIGN MINISTRY, ASKED ABOUT EXPULSION OF U.S. JOURNALISTS , SAYS CHINA IS NOT ONE TO START TROUBLE BUT WILL NOT BLINK IF TROUBLE COMES ITS WAY.

Reuters: CHINA'S FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN GENG, ASKED WHAT NEW MEASURES POSSIBLE AGAINST U.S. MEDIA IN CHINA , SAYS WILL NOT MAKE PREDICTIONS, HOPES U.S. WILL CORRECT MISTAKE SOON

Vincent Lee on Twitter

Very early Tuesday morning my cousin Jim passed away of the Coronavirus. He was in good health & had no underlying medical issues/diseases.

Additionally, the state that I live in, West Virginia announced Tuesday evening that they have their first positive case.

I am so sorry. God bless Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member