Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
“So, one thing I’m keeping a very close eye on is WA.”

if you minus out the nursing home cases, it’s a whole different story.

C'mon guys, we need to all keep calm please.

Some parents have to take their children out with them because other options are cut off, so we mustn't judge. We don't want families starving at home because they can't get food.

Devastating that we've gone from last months #bekind to now #imalrightjack. The community needs to help each other, not fight or judge.

Namaste!

This may have already been said in one of these threads, but it's probably best to assume that anyone you encounter when outside your home is carrying the virus. Not a pleasant thought...

We are staying home other than to pick up food and supplies we have ordered from local stores, but we could resort to having stores deliver to us. We are fortunate to be in an area with multiple grocery stores, including a Walmart. I have not ordered from Amazon or similar so far.
Amazon prime is where I get of my stuff. But they are having problems with same day delivery because they are overwhelmed.

But adults are far less likely to be running around the store touching everything in site. It's a lot harder to make children adhere to social distancing. I am not exactly fond of seeing children in stores at this time. They are sticking their hands into their mouth, touching their faces, touching other things. They and everybody else would be much safer if children were not in stores at this time.

That’s why it’s good that dad had kids in the cart!

C'mon guys, we need to all keep calm please.

Some parents have to take their children out with them because other options are cut off, so we mustn't judge. We don't want families starving at home because they can't get food.

Devastating that we've gone from last months #bekind to now #imalrightjack. The community needs to help each other, not fight or judge.

Namaste!
I understand some people have to take their children with them. I am just saying it's not very safe for the children and others right now. In Wuhan, people were ordered to sit in their apartments, with food being delivered to these apartments. We (US) are not doing nothing like that. Fact is, it's going to spread covid around.

We can't choose to pick and choose what laws to adhere to and which laws to break. Please do not ask parents to do so, those who do not wish to risk seeing a child in public, must make the adjustment for themself.

If you do not wish to see a child in public, please stay home! Order what you need online!

Why do you think Governors CLOSED schools and placed restrictions on groups of 10 or less. In Virginia a person can be arrested for groups over 10 !!!!!

I won't be staying home because of kids but, "thoughts"do run thru my head when I see these kids out touching everything in site.

Lets hope "this group of parents" are in the minority., otherwise folks like me are gonna be on the phone to the governor pretty quick for a ban on kids in public.

Kids do NOT have have the ability to protect themselves. We must protect them, they are our future and do not deserve to suffer or die over a trip to wally world.

Stepping off my soap box, but my eyes will be open and my voice ready to demand government action.

MOO...

Any of you order from Schwan’s? Thoughts?
My driver stops weekly, I usually place an order of appx $75, he’s got a quota to meet....lol.
But I’m not really fond of most of their selection. Prices are outrageous, imo. But I guess factoring in the convenience & now the safety aspect, I think it’s worth it. Oh and the fact the stores are bare.
My dog loves the Schwan’s ice cream, I think it may be beef flavored?

Amazon prime is where I get of my stuff. But they are having problems with same day delivery because they are overwhelmed.
Five days here for Amazon prime, (some items won’t even ship here ), and no stores have pick up or delivery. That is the unfortunate truth in some areas of the country, that people have no choice but to go to the store for supplies

Public service announcement. I overdid with spraying everything with lysol sanitizer. Accidentally sprayed something on my foot, got skin irritation (big red spot).
Be careful not to get it on yourself while spraying!

Last edited:
nah not really, its just trying to figure out how to help fix this issue, including we don't want people traveling around too much right now anyways, so keeping people to their local shops would kill two birds with one stone

i dont think we need voucher and you wouldn't remove limits, but having people keep to their local stores would avoid a bunch of issues already happening

i have 5 within my suburb its not like you'll be restricted to 1 place i mean you'd still have choice within your post code
I live in a rural place, no grocery stores in my zip code. Only one small, very small store within 15 miles of my location.

I have read that, but nothing scientifically proven. In addition to that, I’ve read that adults can also not have symptoms and be carriers of the virus. I just don’t think we should marginalize parents and children because they are innocent victims in this whole situation as much as anyone

We are all INNOCENT victims in this pandemic. It has turned our lives upside down.

What are yalls thoughts? Some people in my small rural town/ county are wanting to do like Dare County and block access for tourists who are flooding here and depleting our one grocery store. Some people think it’s a horrible idea that they are adamantly against. The closest hospitals are small and 45 minutes to an hour away

Just to add my opinion here - NYC is the one to watch closely right now - the population density is much higher, so the R0 factor will more than likely also be higher.

I'm shocked (well, not really) at the figures coming out of New York. I think those figures at high because Cuomo got ahold of test kits and is working really hard to get people tested.

Soon, other states will see a rise in the figures of people infected, but New York scares me, as New York and New Jersey always go hand-in-hand.

Public service announcement. I overdid with spraying everything with lysol sanitizer. Accidentally sprayed something on my foot, good skin irritation.
Be careful not to get it on yourself while spraying!

I have already worn through the coating on my cellphone case because of hand sanitizer. Be sure it dries before picking something up with your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member