Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go to work every day as well. In the beginning, I was paralyzed with fear. Now, I accept the fact that this is the way it is.

I am careful, keep my work area clean, wear gloves for some tasks, practice "distance", wash my hands often, use hand sanitizer, take "Airborne" vitamins.

And I finally just think that it will be okay. Call me naive. But there is nothing else I can do. I think that I will be okay.

If you quit, you won't get unemployment, and believe me, there won't be any jobs out there.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you were cleared to work from home.

I would not work them, no way I would take that chance, but you need to decide for yourself. Is there anyone higher up in the chain you could talk to?

The higher up the chain is city management - who refuses to budge at this point.
Shows their true colors - I thing a tip to a local news reporter (or 2) might help. Thanks for the thought and support.

So... need some thoughts/support. I work for a municipal community center that basically caters to the public and while my city refuses to shut down large groups - I told my supervisory today that if our person who works these events got sick - I would not work them (baby showers, bday parties, weddings, etc). I have a hubby who just recently had surgery and is fighting 2 infections and is high risk according to his home health nurse. He is also considered high risk due to his diabetes/heart issues...
I thought this was the best decision for me and my family. I have been doing what I need to do to limit exposure but yet my city employer is all about the numbers and refuses to cancel the events.
So, question to all because I feel like an *advertiser censored** for telling them I wouldn’t work a large event, what would you do?!? I have 2 kids under 6 and a hubby about to turn 50 - not quite in a hot spot but we have a jump in positive cases the last few days.

Don't feel bad. I have been telling people for 10 days that I understand that everyone has their own views, and I have mine. Make the best decision for you now. Do not let others make decisions for you in a pandemic - anyone who thinks business as usual doesn't yet get it.

So... need some thoughts/support. I work for a municipal community center that basically caters to the public and while my city refuses to shut down large groups - I told my supervisory today that if our person who works these events got sick - I would not work them (baby showers, bday parties, weddings, etc). I have a hubby who just recently had surgery and is fighting 2 infections and is high risk according to his home health nurse. He is also considered high risk due to his diabetes/heart issues...
I thought this was the best decision for me and my family. I have been doing what I need to do to limit exposure but yet my city employer is all about the numbers and refuses to cancel the events.
So, question to all because I feel like an *advertiser censored** for telling them I wouldn’t work a large event, what would you do?!? I have 2 kids under 6 and a hubby about to turn 50 - not quite in a hot spot but we have a jump in positive cases the last few days.
I support you 100%.

No one needs to have a baby shower or a birthday party right now. There is no excuse for that kind of dangerous contact. IMO

If you were refusing to help someone shop for necessary supplies or care for a child, then I might question your decision. But you are weighing your obvious responsibilities, for your husband and children against someone else's trivial desires for a party.

I hope you don't lose your job but it is more important that your protect your family.

I have to go to work every day as well. In the beginning, I was paralyzed with fear. Now, I accept the fact that this is the way it is.

I am careful, keep my work area clean, wear gloves for some tasks, practice "distance", wash my hands often, use hand sanitizer, take "Airborne" vitamins.

And I finally just think that it will be okay. Call me naive. But there is nothing else I can do. I think that I will be okay.

If you quit, you won't get unemployment, and believe me, there won't be any jobs out there.

A sneaky back route, report this anonymously to the Department of Health. I bet that the kabosh will come down.
Thank you! Good idea

ATLANTA

Old hotel turned into quarantine base for metro Atlanta coronavirus patients: Old hotel turned into quarantine base for metro Atlanta coronavirus patients WSB-TV on Twitter

Channel 2′s Tyisha Fernandes was in Marietta, where federal agents have taken over the old Raddison hotel on Commerce Avenue off I-75.

Agents erected fencing around the property Wednesday night. Black plastic material will cover the fences so that media and other people can't see what's going on.

Officials said they are trying to avoid violating HIPAA laws.

Patients who test positive but aren't hospitalized will ride out the virus inside the hotel. Officials were putting up lights and cleaning crews were going in and out Wednesday night.

Fernandes contacted police to get more information about how many patients will be transported to the new unit, but no one seemed to have a number.

Exactly what you're planning to do. Maybe if more employees take a stand, it will wake these stubborn people up. Your health and your family seem to be your priority and I applaud you.

When you have a fever and possibly gastro issues in addition to a dry cough, beware....

Yeah, so far, so good. And some days the cough is better. I think I"ll start with the humidifier again (got some medical disinfection stuff for it).

It's now been a full 6 days since I've been near anyone outside of immediate family. If I did have it, I would have transmitted it to at least a couple of people, I'd think. No way to get tested of course.

Taking our temperatures every day or so - seems weird.

And waving isn’t yet thought to be risky.:eek::eek:
I had a nice date a couple weeks ago, then he had to travel to FL. He’s back now & suggested we get together. I burst out laughing. Get together? Sure come on over you can have the family room, I’ll take the kitchen, maybe we can text??? Had he not traveled to FL for biz, I’d be okay with dinner (at home) but he was in highly populated crowds for his work.
One thing I’ve been doing a lot is going out of my way to wave and say hello to everyone I pass on the street. Especially mailmen and UPS, FedEx. And strangers. Whoever.

We need to connect and stay together.

Ok, some happy news! We got approved to be a foster dog parent with the county humane society. I passed my phone interview with flying colors. I get to go see the dogs on Friday morning. The shelter lady said "You can have your pick of whatever dog you'd like. We just want to get them out of here." I asked what their protocols were as far as being busy because I am of course, a cancer patient and high risk. She stated they implemented a policy of only 5 people in the facility at a time. If more than 5 arrive, they have to wait outside, not inside. I can wear my mask and gloves too.

I can't go help anyone else. Everyone else is helping me to stay isolated. So this is the only way I can help. I am happy to feel needed to be honest and it will help me stay active - playing fetch, wandering around my back yard, making sure my little charge has fun. Stay tuned!!
I am thrilled for you, my friend!

t4515.gif

Yeah, so far, so good. And some days the cough is better. I think I"ll start with the humidifier again (got some medical disinfection stuff for it).

It's now been a full 6 days since I've been near anyone outside of immediate family. If I did have it, I would have transmitted it to at least a couple of people, I'd think. No way to get tested of course.

Taking our temperatures every day or so - seems weird.

Actually, I am doing the same thing for both me and my husband! I bought a digital thermometer and every night, we check it, and write it down.

In case anyone was wondering, my DH's test results for Corona Virus are still not back. He called a number we were given, left a message and we didn't hear anything back. So we still don't know anything. We're still sleeping in separate bedrooms tonight but we briefly broke isolation from one another today. We ran into each other in the hallway and instead of turning and going back inside my room so he could pass without coming near me, I told him I don't care if he has Covora Virus or not I wanted a hug. I'm bound to get CoV if he has it anyway. So we held each other for a few moments and he kissed the top of my head. Then I went and poured hand sanitizer on my head where he kissed me and washed my hands really well, as if that will work. LOL. I've got to laugh or I'll cry at this point.

The good news is that we are both feeling better today. Today was our 3rd day taking anti-malarial meds. I'm not sure if those meds are helping our bodies fight or if maybe we don't have the Corona Virus at all. Tomorrow (Thursday) will be one week since my DH's first symptoms of coughing started. My coughing started the next day (Last Friday). DH had a low-grade fever Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues, but no fever today. If this is some other bug that he wasn't tested for, he might be over it already. I've read the Corona Virus lasts for about 2 weeks. Therefore, I'm thinking either the meds and vitamins we are taking are helping OR we don't have Corona Virus yet. I'm leaning towards the idea that we probably don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones