Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losartan might actually be good instead of bad.
"We're testing it, because in the laboratory the drug can block the receptor that the SARS-CoV-2 uses to get into cells," Schacker said. "So, if we give it to you after you've been exposed, after you test positive, using this drug can we prevent the infection from progressing?""
COVID-19 clinical trials launch at U of M

Yeah, my SIL texted me this morning just checking in..but...she did say she couldn’t get her RA meds filled because it is “part of the cure”. ...
On another note.....
Gov of nj......can you emergency pass the legal weed bill..
TODAY !

This is interesting. We've talked about this several times over the various threads. I take this and wonder if it might help safeguard me. Who knows at this point, I suppose, but it's promising it might help with the pandemic. To say it's unfortunate some may be forced to postpone this therapy due to shortages would be incredibly inadequate; but it may have to be done for the greater good. JMO.

For those that are unfamiliar with autoimmune diseases, stopping medications can put an individual into a flare, also known as an increase of their symptoms that had previously been settled down. I'm thankful I have 90 days worth. JMO.

Absolutely he issued a “no” and asked everyone to not ask for exemptions. One woman wanted to know if a special consideration might be made for her handicapped daughter to attend school. School is not in session. Why any woman thinks our Gov’ can arrange for one child to continue is beyond belief. I’m sure the woman isn’t the only mom wishing to have the kids out of the house. No sense sugar coating, it is what it is. Moo

With the schools closed, it becomes a challenge for all parents. But a child who receives special ed services, is reliant on such services which may be the difference between having to institutionalize the child or living at home with the services provided. So while their are untold numbers of Mom's going nuts with kids home, there are parents of special needs kids who suddenly find themselves unable to provide their child with the services necessary for their child to function.

I realize that a school cannot open for one child and I really doubt that such a request was made, but some compassion and understanding to the plight of a parent of a substantially handicapped child might be in order.

imo

We've been spraying or wiping everything with Lysol. Yes, everything that enters the house.

Each person has to evaluate their own comfort level. and balance the potential risk vs. reward, and that will be very individual based on your personal risk factors, the people you have living with you, etc.

People will differ on how much sanitation they feel is necessary.
There are only 2 of us at home, DH and myself. We have discussed and agreed that each is to take responsibility for him/herself. Separate bathrooms included, shoes off, wash hands when entering home and Lysol wipes for everything else.

Reason being, DH is still working, seeing clients. He is a psychologist and is in a safe environment (only person in building, 1-1 and safe distancing). Some of these people he sees still need his services and to work over the phone is not covered by insurance, they would have to pay out of pocket. And I run errands occasionally as needed.

It is what it is, for now.

Last edited:
I've been ordering groceries delivered from Safeway for years. Safeway doesn't allow tips. I've switched to Amazon (when I can get it lol) as I can tip the Amazon delivery peeps. Frees up traffic on Safeway, and hopefully helps the independent Amazon drivers.

GEORGIA

Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Daily Status Report
These data represent confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health as of 12:00pm 03/19/2020. A confirmed case is defined as a person who has tested positive for 2019 novel coronavirus.

Confirmed Cases 287
Deaths 10

Testing by Lab
Commercial Lab 174 positive, 1,323 tests
GPHL 113 positive, 508 tests

Bloomberg on Twitter

The FDA says it has not approved Chloroquine for Covid-19 use, contradicting the president's statement

I wonder where the president gets his information. One would hope that he has the top resource people in the world to guide him, but I'm not at all convinced this is so.

ITALY

19 March

(Google translate)

The number of coronavirus victims in Italy has exceeded those of China: 3,405 deaths, with an increase compared to Wednesday of 427. In China the victims registered so far are 3,245. The data was made known by the Civil Protection. Yesterday the increase had been 475. (ANSA).

A total of 33,190 coronavirus patients in Italy, with an increase of 4,480 compared to Wednesday. The total number of infected people - including victims and the healed - reached 41,035. The data was provided by the emergency commissioner Angelo Borrelli at a press conference to the Civil Protection.

"In Lombardy coronavirus positives are 19884, 2171 more, a significantly higher figure. 7387 are hospitalized with a much lower growth, only 182 more, ICU patients are 1006, 82 more, and deaths 2168, 209 more ". These are the numbers made known by the Lombardy Region Councilor for Welfare Giulio Gallera who recalls: "If you have symptoms, stay at a distance, even in pairs. Otherwise, we cannot contain the infections".

"The last kilometers are the most difficult, but then you can see the results", insists Gallera asking the Italians to grit their teeth to reach the finish line.
Coronavirus, l'Italia supera la Cina per i decessi: 3.405 morti, 33.190 malati

Total cases: 41,035
New cases: +5,322
Total deaths: 3,405
New deaths: +427

Coronavirus Update (Live): 236,703 Cases and 9,818 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Italy New Cases Daily (1).png

_Italy New Deaths Daily (1).png

Paperwork.

“I have directed the FDA to eliminate rules and bureaucracy so work can proceed rapidly, quickly and fast,” he said. "We have to remove every barrier.”

Trump announces FDA making anti-malaria drug available 'almost immediately' to tackle coronavirus

Jmo covering their butts.

I would prefer that scientists and physicians are allowed to determine first of all if this drug is efficacious and second of all if it is safe enough to use in critically ill patients.

You know, do some sciency stuff instead of just throwing anything at all at people, not knowing if it will shut down their kidneys or cause strokes or something like that.

*faceplant*

ITALY

19 March

(Google translate)

The number of coronavirus victims in Italy has exceeded those of China: 3,405 deaths, with an increase compared to Wednesday of 427. In China the victims registered so far are 3,245. The data was made known by the Civil Protection. Yesterday the increase had been 475. (ANSA).

A total of 33,190 coronavirus patients in Italy, with an increase of 4,480 compared to Wednesday. The total number of infected people - including victims and the healed - reached 41,035. The data was provided by the emergency commissioner Angelo Borrelli at a press conference to the Civil Protection.

"In Lombardy coronavirus positives are 19884, 2171 more, a significantly higher figure. 7387 are hospitalized with a much lower growth, only 182 more, ICU patients are 1006, 82 more, and deaths 2168, 209 more ". These are the numbers made known by the Lombardy Region Councilor for Welfare Giulio Gallera who recalls: "If you have symptoms, stay at a distance, even in pairs. Otherwise, we cannot contain the infections".

"The last kilometers are the most difficult, but then you can see the results", insists Gallera asking the Italians to grit their teeth to reach the finish line.
Coronavirus, l'Italia supera la Cina per i decessi: 3.405 morti, 33.190 malati

Total cases: 41,035
New cases: +5,322
Total deaths: 3,405
New deaths: +427

Coronavirus Update (Live): 236,703 Cases and 9,818 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

View attachment 239262

View attachment 239263

It's mind-boggling. They've had about 20,000 new cases in 5 days!

We can look at it that way, for sure. But we should also consider that the adults have not stepped up to prevent it either. Young adults don't always make the best decisions about lots of things and pretty much need the adult in the room to set down the rules. No one in charge has been doing this...bars are staying open, Air B'nB's are letting them remain there, the state government has not been completely on top of it.

And "kids" don't always see the "risk-reward" to it, only the "I still want to have fun now" theme.

I'm not excusing their behavior, but remembering when I was this age, I often had to be forced into doing something I might not do because I was a expected to be a normally responsible person. JMO
These people are way past the age to know there are consequences to actions. The Governor should have shut it down a week ago.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member