Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh!!!!
Latest from Cartersville Medical Center: Since March 9th, there have been 32 positive COVID-19 patients (with 12 who currently remain as inpatients). Overall, there have been 15 patients who have tested negative to date. There are currently 39 patients in-house awaiting test results; 31 patients, including inpatient and ER patients, have been discharged home following CDC and Public Health guidance for self-quarantine. Continuing updates at Bartow | Hometown Headlines
Bartow Headlines

Things were hoppin' at the local blood drive :) Sanitizer everywhere, beds and chairs spaced way out, and no more than 10 people that I could count in the room at a given time. Slow but steady stream of donors. Proud of my community, and even more so of the Red Cross staff. They were sweet as pie, despite seeming a little ragged. May they and their families stay safe and healthy.

Okay, I'm going to repeat my post from a few threads back..... keep it in perspective peeps.

Daily Quarantine Questions:

What am I GRATEFUL for today?
Who am I CHECKING IN ON or CONNECTING WITH today?
What expectations of "normal" am I LETTING GO OF today?
How am I GETTING OUTSIDE today?
How am I MOVING MY BODY today?
What BEAUTY am I creating, cultivating, or inviting in today?

From my friend Kathy, who heads up her city's Family Promise program helping the homeless. She is a gem and is always leading the way in her behavior, her attitude and her gratitude. We should all be like Kathy.

I almost gave up the other day posting here for the same reason. I just didn't have any more energy to argue if it was going to happen. Had a couple of people I unfriended on facebook. They were saying really stupid things. Decided I needed smarter friends.... :D:D
It's astounding the amount of ignorance. I have someone who is a molecular biologist that was arguing with me about it. When the news first started breaking. Telling me not to buy into the false fear, and saying this no big deal. She needs to get the money back from whatever school it is she got her degree from. Because it clearly did her no good. MOO

Ugh!!!!
Latest from Cartersville Medical Center: Since March 9th, there have been 32 positive COVID-19 patients (with 12 who currently remain as inpatients). Overall, there have been 15 patients who have tested negative to date. There are currently 39 patients in-house awaiting test results; 31 patients, including inpatient and ER patients, have been discharged home following CDC and Public Health guidance for self-quarantine. Continuing updates at Bartow | Hometown Headlines
Bartow Headlines
Two fast growing clusters in GA....Cartersville and Albany. Have we learned nothing? These are small....suffocate the virus before it becomes huge.....come on Governor....

LA County to issue stricter ‘stay-at-home’ order due to coronavirus – Daily News

Los Angeles County officials are expected to issue a revised countywide order, possibly affecting businesses beyond bars and restaurants which have been ordered to close, according to the office of a Los Angeles city councilman.

The directive could be announced as early as Thursday, March 19, said Branimir Kvartuc, a spokesman for Los Angeles City Councilman Joe Buscaino, who supports the move.

CA - San Jose PD Reserve Officer Tests Positive and Could have impacted 20 others:

SJPD Reserve Officer Tests Positive for Novel Coronavirus

As of Tuesday evening, Santa Clara County public health officials have confirmed 175 cases of the virus, including multiple San Jose Fire Department personnel and Transportation Security Administration officers at Mineta San Jose International Airport.

So far, six county residents have died due to the virus.
So the Health Department still hasn’t updated their numbers since Tuesday night. Can you believe it?? So frustrating.

I’ve emailed 2 different local news organizations and also called the health department this morning (that was fun- bumped around multiple times and never did get to speak to anyone “senior”). I finally got someone to put me on hold while they inquired and then came back on the line to tell me they “haven’t gotten results back from tests”. Ridiculous. All the other surrounding counties have no problems reporting their numbers on daily basis.

Santa Clara County Dept of Health has been less than transparent from the get-go. The head of it, Dr Cody, was the one who said in her first presser a month ago that this virus was no worse than the flu. And she’s the one who kept licking her finger during a recent presser about not touching your face.

Anyway, shoddy reporting on cases from our county.

I wonder where the president gets his information. One would hope that he has the top resource people in the world to guide him, but I'm not at all convinced this is so.

He had the director of the FDA standing next to him on stage at today's WH press conference, and the director of the FDA spoke in support of what the President said.

Things were hoppin' at the local blood drive :) Sanitizer everywhere, beds and chairs spaced way out, and no more than 10 people that I could count in the room at a given time. Slow but steady stream of donors. Proud of my community, and even more so of the Red Cross staff. They were sweet as pie, despite seeming a little ragged. May they and their families stay safe and healthy.
This is something I can do to help. I've done this before after disasters, etc. I'll invite my kids (adults) too.
Thanks for posting.

jmo

What's the answer? Should the States not try to gain access to some supplies on their own then? Should the feds not try to procure their own supplies ?

I don't understand the controversy? I am trying to find TP when I go out, which is very rarely, and by online ordering.

And I told my kids to do the same. At some point, one of us will succeed. Luckily we all have a little on hand for now, while we search for future needs.

But there is nothing wrong with all of us trying to gain access to the supply. JMO
The governor who the president spoke with in the presser this afternoon (president hosts calls from governors posted a few pages ago) stated what was happening to her public health labs, under competition with the feds mass buying the same supplies. That indicates a lack of coordination on the federal level. There has to be someone in charge.

I posted several articles here, yesterday, about the fiasco of the government's testing program, the failure of the reagents in the CDC tests, etc. What would happen if the federal government, who we fund, would send supplies to certain states but not others? Two days ago the governor of Michigan said she was trying to get testing kits from WHO, because she couldn't get them from the gov. Has this changed? I don't know, but what if it turns out that some states have to pay exorbitant prices in competition with the federal government, yet, other states get it all free from the feds? Who decides, and on what basis, which states go it alone, at their own state taxpayers' expense?

Well, FDA wouldn't approve something unless clinical trails are concluded. As of now clinical trials are still ongoing.

The director of the FDA, along with the President, at today's WH press conference, said that "compassion use" of various drugs that have not gone through clinical trials will be allowed.
Actually, his title is Commissioner Hahn, FDA.

The director of the FDA, along with the President, at today's WH press conference, said that "compassion use" of various drugs that have not gone through clinical trials will be allowed.
Actually, his title is Commissioner Hahn, FDA.

Replying to my own post: The head of the FDA also said that the FDA will expedite their work and allow for regulatory flexibility.

BBM. I was informed yesterday that an older sister is being sent home to die from a lung tumor and brain cancer. It will happen within a week. I can't fly to her. And there most likely will not be a funeral because of social distancing. We might all do a video chat if she is well enough for it.

There is nothing like bad news to make you realise how lucky you are. No matter how sucky you think you have it.

Very sorry to hear this news, SuziQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member