Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
My young man comes back from his grocery store shifts dispirited. It doesn't feel safe in the small store, and many people are super-stressed and the clerks soak that negative energy up. The insider trader news by our own leaders is too rage-inducing, and I'm hearing that NYC has only 2-3 weeks left of hospital supplies left.

Good night all. Love to you all. We are all Americans, and/or we are all Earthlings. Let us stand together. Let us love each other and demand the best for each other.

JAPAN

Reuters: TOYOTA SAYS WORKER AT ONE OF ITS JAPAN PLANTS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 VIRUS ON MARCH 19.

Reuters: TOYOTA SAYS DISCOVERED THAT 11 INDIVIDUALS HAD BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH INFECTED WORKER, HAVE ASKED THEM TO SELF-QUARANTINE.

Reuters: TOYOTA SAYS IMMEDIATELY DISINFECTED AFFECTED WORK SITES ON MARCH 19, RESUMED PLANT OPERATIONS SHORTLY AFTERWARDS.

Vincent Lee on Twitter

Toyota has decided to close all North American plants, including the Georgetown location, for two weeks after a worker in Canada tested positive for coronavirus.

The shutdown, which begins March 23 at most plants, will extend through April 3. Production is scheduled now to resume on April 6, according to spokesman Rick Hesterberg. It covers all automobile and components plants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

“On March 18, we were notified by Hamilton Public Health that a Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC, Cambridge – North Plant) team member tested positive for COVID-19. Our thoughts are with our affected employee and their well-being. The employee’s last shift worked was March 12,” the company said in a statement.

TOP ARTICLES

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241342486.html#storylink=cpy. And shame on Toyota for waiting so long. I’m afraid for the true numbers.

Many comments about the study of #COVID19" in kids saying that 65% had pneumonia.
Remember pneumonia just means a lung infection, it does not specify the severity of the infection.
Only 2.3% had oxygen saturations below 92%. Fever in only 45%.
Kids fared relatively well.
Isaac Bogoch on Twitter

How do kids fare with #COVID19 infection?
Generally really well.
171 kids with confirmed infection, average age 6.7 years old.
"..most infected children appear to have a milder clinical course. Asymptomatic infections were not uncommon"
https://t.co/sLaB5qRrKK
Isaac Bogoch on Twitter

JAPAN

Reuters: TOYOTA SAYS WORKER AT ONE OF ITS JAPAN PLANTS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 VIRUS ON MARCH 19.

Reuters: TOYOTA SAYS DISCOVERED THAT 11 INDIVIDUALS HAD BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH INFECTED WORKER, HAVE ASKED THEM TO SELF-QUARANTINE.

Reuters: TOYOTA SAYS IMMEDIATELY DISINFECTED AFFECTED WORK SITES ON MARCH 19, RESUMED PLANT OPERATIONS SHORTLY AFTERWARDS.

Vincent Lee on Twitter
Is anyone in the world actually buying a Toyota at this time? Or any car for that matter?

I FEEL YOUR PAIN DOCTOR......

Waiting for the storm to hit is painful. Knowing what is coming feels unreal. Watching the general public hoard food, ignore advice and continue to spread this virus, knowing that in just weeks we will be seeing mass fatalities, its infuriating, depressing and, frankly, enraging.
Dr Benjamin Janaway on Twitter

Interesting that 2 on the list have made headlines tonight about selling off stock related to relaying news about pandemic
I predict there will be insider trading investigations into all of them as well as into the purchases and sales of stocks by their "audiences." Stock transactions are very easy to trace.

JMO

I predict there will be insider trading investigations into all of them as well as into the purchases and sales of stocks by their "audiences." Stock transactions are very easy to trace.

JMO
I agree 5 named as of this evening. Another forum I belong to had the link for the public records as to the timing and executors of transactions.

IMO...True colors appear in a crisis....
I was shocked that they voted against the bill. But when I read the explanation, it made sense to me.
sofa.gif

Stop hating on Rand Paul for trying to offset $104B coronavirus spending

I don't think I even want to know, but what do the military/officials know that we don't?
Those that dont survive will never know. If I get this this I want someone to come clean with before I die! The Fusco family were exposed MARCH 10TH & 4 membersnare gone 9 days later!
Moo
The family is going to be on Cuomo CNN next it's 11:11pm EST time now.

Many won't survive. That's why I intend to organize my files, neaten things up so whoever is left to clean up my affairs won't be so horrified and lost.

Let me preface my comment with: we are taking this extremely seriously and have been completely self-isolating for 10 days now. This seems like real first world privileged person problems but maybe other people are dealing with this weird side effect too.

If you’re staying home, are you doing anything to manage your anxiety about going out? I’m concerned I’m going to be completely agoraphobic by the time this whole thing is over.

Today we had to pick up a package at our office (which is a stand-alone storefront private office, not in a building or open to the public). We went in the car to an empty street. We waited in the car until the only person on the street left the block. I wore gloves and took Clorox wipes- grabbed the package, wiped it down in the back of the truck, threw the gloves away. Went home and washed my hands (that were protected by gloves!) And now I still feel like we took an unnecessary risk going out!

This can’t be mentally healthy. I’m having a hard time convincing myself this is just what we have to do now and not letting it become pathological.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member