Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got copies of the notebooks. Going over them now. They are extremely dense. No mention of anything personal that I can tell. He was very smart, at least when it came to technology. I believe Collier County will be releasing them to the public soon.

I got copies of the notebooks. Going over them now. They are extremely dense. No mention of anything personal that I can tell. He was very smart, at least when it came to technology. I believe Collier County will be releasing them to the public soon.

Wow! How many pages? I love that you are doing this!

Any particular coding language? Any sort of style standout to you?

I hope Collier County will ask DNA Doe for assistance in identifying him. jmo

been told it’s Java. It’s undecipherable to me for the most part but he was clearly building a game or wanted to. Really shocked there’s no personal info in there. Here’s an example.

Attachments

• 957EA5B3-AABB-4FDD-AB2E-7035335BDCE7.jpeg
    957EA5B3-AABB-4FDD-AB2E-7035335BDCE7.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 433
Does anyone know which fellow hiker took this photo? Believe it was in Florida. I need high-res
It was someone in a pickup, the one seen in some of the photos. I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere that the pickup was mostly cropped out. A local business owner maybe? I doubt this is much help, but I remember the topic of that pickup someplace. I'll look through my files and see if I have a screenshot and let you know if I find it!

been told it’s Java. It’s undecipherable to me for the most part but he was clearly building a game or wanted to. Really shocked there’s no personal info in there. Here’s an example.
I know nothing about coding, but I do some online gaming. I've read many codes but don't write them. Some of those, "R", "E", "F", reminds me of keys that are commonly used on a desktop keyboard in order to execute certain commands. Those are just my initial, immediate observations. FWIW. Good job getting the info released!

eta: "Sp" refers to the space bar, in my scenario.

DenimALGA.jpg

ETA: I asked a friend whose a gamer and majoring in computer programming, this is what he said in response to the sheet of code:
"I think its a logic chart used to plot out variables, looking for the specific term"

This guy is extremely intelligent when it comes to this stuff.
I think its a logic chart used to plot out variables
looking for the specific term
Either way, Its a logic table to convert variables to more efficient variables to save time in a program
like since 1+1+1
and 3
have the same value
it's better to say 3 instead of 1+1+1
know what I mean?
Yeah, I mean other than the fact that he's very studied on this stuff
you could maybe look at the school he went for it
or for the forums, he found this stuff out on
it's not a method that self-taught coders usually use
it's learned
from either school or experienced programers
people that are self-taught usually copy-paste code together
and have a Frankenstein running
but he knows the philosophy to build something from scratch
Coulda been schizophrenic
here's a case kinda similar
you might be able to find some patterns out

Programming/coding -- not my area of expertise.

Reminds me of Mendelian genetic inheritance (chart from Wikipedia, it's quick)

1200px-Punnett_Square.svg.png

T has subtypes, leads to E and R, genotype & phenotypes?

Might help someone think outside the box?

View attachment 239531

ETA: I asked a friend whose a gamer and majoring in computer programming, this is what he said in response to the sheet of code:
"I think its a logic chart used to plot out variables, looking for the specific term"

If your friend could see additional pages, I think he could get an even better idea of exactly where our UID was going with this logic chart. I know there's too much for Narkj to share it all here so let's hope Collier Co will share all soon. Again, my thanks to @Narkj for obtaining, perusing and sharing to this point. :)
ETA: I'm curious how the numbers at the bottom of the page figure-in to the chart.

Last edited:
No code I’m familiar with. I see something more like the very beginnings of some sort of algorithm. Very beginnings. Before code even comes into it. Early Early brainstorming. I know no one could ever figure my pre coding stuff. Mine is just abbreviations, some equal signs thrown in, circles, arrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288