Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone questioning, this is precisely how it was stated in the presser:

Today I filed new formal charges in the case against Leticia Stauch. Those charges are murder in the first degree after deliberation, a class one felony that carries a potential prison sentence of life in prison without parole.

In addition to that I filed 8 counts of crime of violence for the alleged use of a firearm, a blunt instrument, a knife or other sharp object, and for causing the death of Gannon Stauch.

Bolded by me. There is likely only one weapon (though LS is the Queen of Overkill--hopefully that won't become a literal term). The part that is heinous to me is there are eight counts of it.

Just popping in. Heard the news and am devastated. I’m mind blown as to how she managed to get him to Florida over a week into the investigation. How she wasn’t seen moving him. That makes me even more sad. Thankful for the worker who found him :(

Fly high Gannon

They were pretty quick to tentatively say this is Gannon. I'm assuming they have cell phone, rental car or credit card data.

It's pretty ballsy to move a body when you've been kicked out of your husband's home and living out of a hotel in CO with all eyes on you. She was clearly under scrutiny, so to go back to the scene of the crime, scoop up a dead child and drive a thousand plus miles "under the radar" just seems ludicrous.

From the previous thread @Spectre5:

Uh, whoa. Pace is around my neck of the woods. That’s incredibly random she chose that area...You can actually park near that bridge to go fishing, it’s a popular spot. So I don’t know how she wasn’t seen doing this?

Do you think you could walk from that spot to where he was found? In other words, park there at night and drag/carry him there, and not be seen by traffic?

She used a weapon, that’s all that’s required. Those are examples of weapons that would fall under the charge.

So she didn’t beat him, stab him, and shoot him. It could merely be one of those things.

ETA: Maybe not. It looks like there’s a charge for each weapon.

Megan Hiler on Twitter

View attachment 239451

It could be an either/or situation, but the number of separate charges relating to weapons is significant. There seem to be 2 related to firearms.

I would think they'd have some immediate idea if a gun or blunt object was used (many knife marks would need forensic analysis).

Stopping in the middle of a high way like that at night is super suspicious to any car's that may be driving past, she probably rushed it, if the off chance a police car drove past she would have been screwed, i can't imagine anybody pulling over and taking their time to bury a body just in case somebody drove past and spotted them.

I saw the report earlier this week as well and it didn't cross my mind that it could've been Gannon!

From the previous thread @Spectre5:

Uh, whoa. Pace is around my neck of the woods. That’s incredibly random she chose that area...You can actually park near that bridge to go fishing, it’s a popular spot. So I don’t know how she wasn’t seen doing this?

Do you think you could walk from that spot to where he was found? In other words, park there at night and drag/carry him there, and not be seen by traffic?

Very good question and would make much more sense than her just pulling up at the side of the road and dumping him that way.

For anyone questioning, this is precisely how it was stated in the presser:

Today I filed new formal charges in the case against Leticia Stauch. Those charges are murder in the first degree after deliberation, a class one felony that carries a potential prison sentence of life in prison without parole.

In addition to that I filed 8 counts of crime of violence for the alleged use of a firearm, a blunt instrument, a knife or other sharp object, and for causing the death of Gannon Stauch.

I think this will be the blunt object, but anything is possible at this point

I keep wondering if maybe she used a tarp..or "tailgate canopy" to wrap him in... but a suitcase would offer better concealment.
Just keep thinking about the decomp odors.. no matter what she put him in...it would have left a definite odor.
Poor baby.. I am so sorry Gannon...you deserved so much more.
AMOO..
What if she wrapped him in 3-5 dog coats to conceal the smell? Put him in a suitcase...

It could be an either/or situation, but the number of separate charges relating to weapons is significant. There seem to be 2 related to firearms.

I would think they'd have some immediate idea if a gun or blunt object was used (many knife marks would need forensic analysis).
Yeah, the separate counts has me backing off the idea that it’s an either/or situation.

From the beginning, it stood to reason that there would be atleast 2 events of physical violence.

The abuse event, and the murder event.

Blunt trauma and cutting my have occurred during the abuse, with a gun potentially being the murder weapon.

No, it doesn't. It means that the use of at least one of those was evident. Not all.

When why so many separate charges? I guess it could be "we have no clue but it could have been one of these."

I prefer to think that 2 of those methods (firearm and blunt force) would leave forensic signs that are readily observable.

Stopping in the middle of a high way like that at night is super suspicious to any car's that may be driving past, she probably rushed it, if the off chance a police car drove past she would have been screwed, i can't imagine anybody pulling over and taking their time to bury a body just in case somebody drove past and spotted them.
I used to think stopped cars on the hwy were suspicious to some degree but no more.. many people pull Anywhere to make calls or text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam