Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they filed the charges today, i.e., after the autopsy was completed.

I think the DA knew exactly what those autopsy results showed when he filed those additional 8 counts.

I think GS's body bore evidence of all 3 types of injuries, i.e., gunshot, stab wound, blunt force trauma.

JMO.

Ita!

They know for certain all three weapons were used. The firearm was most likely used last.

They wouldn't have added each of these enchanced individual charges if the autopsy showed otherwise.

The blunt object, and knife or sharp object may have been secondary causes the ME found during the autopsy.

God bless Gannon's beautiful soul!

Jmho

For some reason I was thinking that interview took place way after Jan 31st. Wow.

So after this she loaded up his body and moved him? Why wasn't she being watched, I'm all too confused at the logistics of this.

I think that maybe she simply ran out on LE . We all know she is able and willing to attack a deputy while being under arrest, so I do believe she KNEW she was being watched and probably managed to "escape" and ditch surveillance. (assuming there was surveillance). I believe LE efforts in the early days were concentrated on the searches and less concentrated on watching her.

But all this time, she probably had her electronics on her (phone, apple watch) used her credit cards (gas, money) and eventually they were able to catch up. They probably knew the route she took but did not know the exact location she dumped the body.

MOO

She would have also had to have made multiple gas stops to drive that distance and there would be video of her at gas stations, but its been a while so who know's if LE managed to get it before it was deleted/overwritten.

For some reason I was thinking that interview took place way after Jan 31st. Wow.

So after this she loaded up his body and moved him? Why wasn't she being watched, I'm all too confused at the logistics of this.
BBM:

I'm distressed about this aspect of the discovery.

Surely, surely LE was onto her by that time.

Why were her movements not being more closely monitored?

Clearly, now isn't the time, but at some point, I'd like to hear the answer to that question from the EPCSD.

JMO.

Bigger version of count page from earlier:
90441464_10216914296473607_7757485495273127936_n.jpg

Thank you so much. Individual counts. The charges include ALL, firearm, blunt object, AND knife.

Exactly. There must be evidence of all those methods (blunt force, firearm, stabbing) and probably they do not know what was the COD.
I assume he was found with evidence of abuse (probably the blunt force trauma / knife or sharp object - there was the blood in the house) when she snapped and injured him. And then, she killed him to hide the abuse probably using a firearm. (does she have a firearm registered?? or Al? I am sure LE would have looked into registered weapons )

Not a lawyer but I assume if there was no evidence of firearm used then there wouldn't be a firearm charge. I assume they did toxicology and that's why there is no mention of poisoning / OD on medicine like some of us thought.

MOO of course

BBM

I personally never thought he was poisoned. But if he had been, depending on the amount of decomposition, maybe it can't be detected. But if tox screens have been run, those can take weeks to complete.
JMO

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
Deputy DA Michael Allen gets the conference going, saying he is adding charges. now charging #LeteciaStauch with murder in the first degree, after deliberation. That’s new. Also includes use of firearm, blunt instrument, knife or other sharp object. #GannonStauch

ETlNmwKU0AECob0.jpg

2:05 PM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Clearly this is horrible, and good news all rolled into one. Some families never find answers like this, but it still falls heavy to have that answer. Keep his family in your thoughts today while we wait for more info.

11:12 AM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Spencer Wilson Retweeted EPCSheriff

BREAKING: Sheriff’s office says they believe they have found the body of #GannonStauch. This would change the way #LeteciaStauch’s trial will go, prosecuting without a body is a “hurdle” according to DA’s office. It’s been almost 9 weeks since he was reported as a runaway.
EPCSheriff on Twitter

11:11 AM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

If she did use the knife or sharp object to dismember, wouldn’t that be a different charge? Like desecration of a corpse or something similar instead of using the object in violence? I think she stabbed him. MOO

I can’t imagine she did this. It would take a lot of time and strength and be a mess. Too much risk given her timeline. I agree, if a sharp object was used, it was to stab

But they filed the charges today, i.e., after the autopsy was completed.

I think the DA knew exactly what those autopsy results showed when he filed those additional 8 counts.

I think GS's body bore evidence of all 3 types of injuries, i.e., gunshot, stab wound, blunt force trauma.

I would dearly love to be wrong.

But it fits with my theory of the crime.

JMO.

It’s insane. Just incredible.

Final note while I’m getting my story together for the 5:30 on @KKTV11News : DA’s office says #GannonStauch’s parents were still holding out hope he would be found alive, even after they filed charges. Today, they lost him all over again. That hurts.

2:47 PM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

DA’s office confirms they believe that #Gannonstauch was killed in Colorado even though he is believed to have been found in Florida. That would indicate the grisly idea that someone moved him across the country.

2:10 PM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Omg, I fell asleep. I was feeling weak and sick. I had to rest. I just wake up and see my thread was moved to a different forum. What? His little body has been found. Please, someone make this easier for me. What happened? Where was he found? Where is henow? Where is his mama and daddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson