Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
LS rented a vehicle when she collected her husband at the airport (Tues, Jan 28) --day after she reported GS missing.

LS returned the vehicle about 27 hours later (driving 900+ miles). LS provided Crimeonline with copy of Budget receipt confirming same. (See link below).

I don't believe LE had confiscated any family vehicles at this time (i.e., GS still considered a runaway). We also know that LS left with GS in AS Nissan Frontier truck on Monday (Jan 27) when he disappeared.

LS excuse to look for GS in a rented vehicle he didn't recognize so lame. More likely LS used rental to relocate GS body or drove a distance to hand GS body off to another who also could have transported his body to Florida. MOO

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

ETA: Searching for confirmed details of additional rental vehicle by LS after Jan 29.
Enterprise and budget were both on witness list. She may have driven half way and rented another one for second half. Pure speculation

If she took the body to Fl she must have stashed it somewhere cold first then moved it way later. How on earth could a random person have IDed body as “male” after 3 months in the baking sun! Maybe just based on clothes and hair. Does anyone know what a body would look like in sun n heat after 3 months?

You’d think they would have searched any car she had access to including her kid’s right away. Does anyone know when they searched vehicles?

BBM

Not so sure about the "random person" but I believe it's pretty easy for an expert to tell a male skeleton from a female one. Leg bones and pelvis are different. Think there are differences in the skull shape too. Hair would have suggested a male given GS's haircut. If the body was contained, the hair cap would have been there even if not attached.

JMO

I think there likely just needs to be sufficient evidence that COD was due to gunshot, blunt force object, stabbing. Doesn’t have to be definitive, just strong evidence that one of those killed him. It’s likely too difficult to determine without a shadow of a doubt at this point due to decomp, so all of them were charged. I could be wrong though. I really hope I am not wrong in this instance, as I can’t imagine his parents even processing that all of them occurred.
We will be amazed at what modern forensic medicine reveals.

Enterprise and budget were both on witness list. She may have driven half way and rented another one for second half. Pure speculation
Let us remember Ussa is also present on the witness list. This entity covers Budget, Enterprise, and Avis among other discounted vendors.

Between 15 miles east of Amarillo, TX and CS, Co. MOO - Car rental 955 miles/2 (subtracting any actual errands/searching)
Maybe she rented a room at a Motel 6, and just left the suitcase in the shower in plastic bags well sealed, telling the desk people she'd be back Friday night, no need to clean.

BBM

Not so sure about the "random person" but I believe it's pretty easy for an expert to tell a male skeleton from a female one. Leg bones and pelvis are different. Think there are differences in the skull shape too. Hair would have suggested a male given GS's haircut. If the body was contained, the hair cap would have been there even if not attached.

JMO
Also, DNA can tell you if a person is male or female. I'm not sure they accessed DNA as nothing has been mentioned about it, but I think it was possible.

jmo

But why Florida?! Who the sam hell does she know in Florida?! She could have stopped thru any number of places between Colorado and Florida. Why Florida?!
I think Florida because it was so far away. And, I wonder if she was trying to pin it on someone else, in case he was found? IDK.

My gut tells me she thought he'd never be found.

jmo

JUST OMG !!!
I can't even imagine what this poor little guy went through.
I am just soooooo angry at her right now

SHE is the one who OWES AS AND LH AND FAMILY AN APOLOGY.*********
Lying *advertiser censored* ..Just UGH

Yes, and I say this after a lot of finds, she owes apologies to everyone who volunteered their time, skills and sweat to search for him.

I'm not going back to work. I need to be here. Can someone link me the press conference?

Here you go! Credit initial posting of the live presser to @inmyhumbleopinion :

By the way, that's Dan May standing to Michael Allen's left.

Quite a formidable sight to see, the two of them standing literally shoulder to shoulder like that.

If I were TS, I'd be in desperate need of a change of underwear right now.

Her poor public defenders, too.

They're probably hitting up the panty racks at Walmart even as we speak, frantically stocking up on Hanes 12-packs.

"Cleanup needed in Ladies Lingerie!"

Last edited:
This is fast moving so I apologize if this has been answered: do we know if she drove across country to SC? I am assuming so - the panhandle of FL is not that far off as a detour. If she drove him herself, I am guessing that she must have hidden him, possibly in the suitcase, somewhere (obviously not at the house) and then went back to retrieve him before driving to FL. I know it is callous - but why would she leave him by the side of the road? My guess is to be found and take the heat off her to make it look like he was abducted? She obviously had time to bury in the middle of nowhere in FL instead. IMO.

I assume if she drove LE will be able to check the cameras from the highways and area near where he was found (I hope) for the plates of whatever car or rental she used for this. Ugh, this is just so sad. And so diabolical. I can't believe she drove hours and hours and hours with him in the car like that. Unreal. Sociopath. MOO.
Hubby is a firefighter, and had an interesting chat with FHP recently - there was an Amber Alert out of Jacksonville and 3 yrs old girl found in Tallahassee. FHP told him that cameras on I10 actually run your plate if you pass two areas common to drug\sex trafficking...But record plate every few miles, regardless. If she was going from P'cola to MB, SC she quite likely was on I10, therefore they'll have evidence...
JUst my opinion, and all that.

Relative to the rental picked up by LS on Tues, Jan 28 (day after GS reported missing and likely murdered) at the Co Spgs airport, the receipt (Budget) definitely shows she returned the car on Weds, Jan 29 to the same location or Co Spgs airport (and 900+ miles later).

I've not been able to confirm/link any other rentals by LS after Jan 29, 2020 -- all speculation.

Budget-receipt-3.jpg

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/02/29/ganoon-stauch-stepmom-explains-rental-car-as-search-for-missing-colorado-boy-continues-exclusive-part-2/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member