TX TX - Elizabeth Campbell, 20, Copperas Cove, 25 April 1988

Bumping for Elizabeth. Saw the Unsolved Mysteries segment and I have to be honest. I don't think Asian man and the girl sighting was Elizabeth. I think the witnesses hoped it was Elizabeth, but I don't think someone who abducted her would walk around with her. It's too dangerous.

Bumping for Elizabeth. Saw the Unsolved Mysteries segment and I have to be honest. I don't think Asian man and the girl sighting was Elizabeth. I think the witnesses hoped it was Elizabeth, but I don't think someone who abducted her would walk around with her. It's too dangerous.

I agree.

Hi all, I've read through this thread and others where Elizabeth is mentioned, but haven't been able to find this particular suggestion brought up before (if I missed it, please forgive me! It stuck with me so strongly that I couldn't let it go this time).

There was a new composite reconstruction done late last year for this unidentified woman:

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/3514

You can view the photo here:

http://www.tdtnews.com/news/article_87974370-5aff-11e5-a769-27c92ba20494.html

The clothing she was found with doesn't seem to be a good match, but I just wanted to see if anyone knows if this possible match has been suggested or brought to law enforcement's attention for DNA or dental testing.

The clothes may not be a match but the date of death is close to when Elizabeth went missing and the height is right. I would hope they would have compared the DNA by now if available, though.

I think about this case a lot. I hope Elizabeth's family is able to finally get some closure soon.

If you haven't sent the case investigator the links, I think you should.

Please send the case investigator the links! This case has stuck with me. I was born and raised in Copperas Cove.

Bump! Just watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode about Elizabeth.

Was any forensic testing done on her purse?

I recently watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode. Not having an update at the end saddened me. I read this thread and saw that someone made the connection between where the purse was found and the location of a victim of Robert Ben Rhoades. From that I found an article written for GQ concerning him and his victims.

http://www.gq.com/story/truck-stop-killer-gq-november-2012

In this article, there is an image of an unidentified woman with long dark hair. Thought it might be worth mentioning.

I am going to find a way to keep her name in the spot light! This case is near and dear to my heart! I think about her all the time!

New to the site. This case jumps out at me as I was stationed at Ft. Hood 95-98 and lived in Cove during that time, I still live in TX, and last surely not least my heart goes out to this family. I am curious if DNA was done on the purse. Also what the co-workers at the time saw/heard that night. Also are there any new leads or new information? I appreciate any information shared. I truly hope that this case can be solved and that Elizabeth is returned to her family.

New to the site. This case jumps out at me as I was stationed at Ft. Hood 95-98 and lived in Cove during that time, I still live in TX, and last surely not least my heart goes out to this family. I am curious if DNA was done on the purse. Also what the co-workers at the time saw/heard that night. Also are there any new leads or new information? I appreciate any information shared. I truly hope that this case can be solved and that Elizabeth is returned to her family.

(I hope I'm doing this right) RBBM: No DNA on the purse because they don't know where exactly it was found and who found it if I remember right. No new updates either. I think I might call CCPD (I was raised there) tomorrow or Monday to find out what I can and hopefully get something going on her again.

After 30 years, missing Central Texas woman’s fate remains a mystery

Elizabeth Ann Campbell was last seen late on the night of April 25, 1988 at a 7-Eleven store in Copperas Cove and her disappearance remains one of the city’s oldest cold cases.
07a782574b4135261eb9d51fa6872eaa.jpg

"We would like to get some answers for the family. We hope to find her one day. But if we can't, we at least want to tell the family what happened to her," Copperas Cove Detective Rick Counter said Wednesday.

[...]

(Video at link)
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Co...es-on-30-year-old-case-480894621.html?ref=621

Killeen: Family speaks out about missing woman cold case

At twenty years old, Elizabeth was living with her parents in Lampasas, Texas. She attended Central Texas College and worked at a 7-11 store in Killeen.

On April 25, 1988, she vanished.

The porch light had been left on that night. It was a family rule that the last person in the house was supposed to turn it off. That person would have been Elizabeth, and assuming she was home, her brother turned it off for her.

he following morning, when they confirmed that she hadn't come home, her parents tried to go to the police.

"We went to police stations everywhere; we went to every police station and asked for help," says Campbell.

But there was confusion on how many hours they had to wait to report her missing and which department in the area would take the case.

"One of them said 24 hours. One of them said 48 hours. One of them said 72 hours," says Elizabeth's sister Carol Ann Hone.

"There was no consistency in how do we handle a missing person- precious time was lost," she says.

I've submitted a possible match to the team here for Elizabeth and the unidentified woman indicated in my posts above — at the time of posting I wasn't confident enough to bring it forward to the police, and there wasn't yet an option to submit here to get further official opinions and help with the process. I really can't get Elizabeth's case out of my mind.

Elizabeth Campbell

NCMC959922c1.jpg

Missing Since - Apr 25, 1988
Missing From - Copperas Cove, TX
DOB - May 31, 1967
Age Now - 51
Sex - Female
Race - Biracial
Hair Color - Brown
Eye Color - Brown
Height - 5'2"
Weight - 97 lbs

Age Progressed

NCMC959922e1.jpg

Elizabeth's photo is shown age-progressed to 44 years.

She was last seen on April 25, 1988 at a 7-eleven convenience store in Copperas Cove, Texas.

The last time she was seen, Elizabeth was wearing blue jeans, white tennis shoes, a white T-shirt, and a yellow jacket, and was carrying a maroon handbag.

Elizabeth has a scar on her forehead and a scar on her chin. Her nickname is Liz.

Elizabeth is Biracial. She is Asian and White.

Have you seen this child? ELIZABETH CAMPBELL

BBM

At least she is getting news attention. After 30 years, missing Central Texas woman’s fate remains a mystery She was picked up on the way to the store and dropped off by a man driving a light green Gremlin. She called her brother to come pick her up. In 1992 her purse shows up in Ozona TX police evidence room. It was turned in as found between April 1988 and Jan 1989. Killeen: Family speaks out about missing woman cold case Her family sold everything to search for her, including homes. The Mysterious Disappearance of Elizaeth Campbell - Unsolved Mysteries The Unsolved Mysteries have a different story than the police and family.

Elizabeth Ann Campbell – The Charley Project

Elizabeth Ann Campbell
  • elizabeth_ann_campbell_1.jpg
  • elizabeth_ann_campbell_2.jpg
  • elizabeth_ann_campbell_3.jpg
  • elizabeth_ann_campbell_4.jpg
  • elizabeth_ann_campbell_5.jpg

• Missing Since04/25/1988
  • Missing FromCopperas Cove, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceAsian, Biracial, White
  • Date of Birth05/31/1967 (52)
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 96 - 106 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white t-shirt with a design imprinted on the front, blue jeans, blue jeans, white sneakers, a diamond Romance Wittnauer watch and a ten-karat gold ring with three imbedded sapphires in the center surrounded by two diamonds. Carrying a faded yellow jacket, a 7-11 smock with her nametag attached, her college textbooks and papers, and a maroon purse. A photograph of the purse is posted with this case summary.
  • Medical ConditionsCampbell is allergic to cola beverages. She occasionally has problems with her sinuses.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsBiracial (Asian/Caucasian) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Campbell has one-inch horizontal scars under her chin and on her forehead near her hairline. She has a scar on her elbow and another small scar on her right eyebrow. She has a small mole in the center of her back between her shoulder blades, and a small birthmark on her right buttock. Campbell is right-handed and her ears are double-pierced. She is of Korean descent and can speak some Spanish and knows a few Korean words. She smoked Virginia Slims and/or Capri cigarettes at the time of her 1988 disappearance. Campbell wears eyeglasses or contact lenses for distance vision; her contacts were left at her family's residence on the day she vanished. Her nickname is Liz.
Details of Disappearance
Campbell was a student at Central Texas College and attended classes before leaving for her part-time job at the 7-11 store on Rancier Avenue in Killeen, Texas on April 25, 1988. After work she went to a group study at her boyfriend's residence, about 30 miles away from her own home. She and her boyfriend got into an argument and she said she wanted to go home, and he refused to take her, so she left alone sometime between 9:30 and 11:00 p.m. Campbell never arrived home. Her family didn't realize she was missing until the next morning.

A clerk at another 7-11 store on Highway 190 in Copperas Cove, Texas reported seeing Campbell the night of her disappearance. The clerk said a man driving a light green Gremlin, whom she thought was a Central Texas College student, dropped her off. The 7-11 employees let her use their phone to call her boyfriend. She asked him to come and pick her up, but they got into another argument and Campbell decided to call her brother instead. This would have been a long-distance call and she didn't want to make it on the store's phone, so she went outside to use the pay phone. She has never been heard from again.

The next morning, when Campbell's parents couldn't find her, they attempted to report her missing. The police refused to accept a missing persons report until 72 hours had passed because Campbell was an adult. Her parents searched for her and investigated her disappearance on their own over the next three days.

Campbell's parents went to the Central Texas College campus and were able to locate the man who dropped her off at the 7-11. He said he had been working late at the college computer lab, saw Campbell walking down the service road and recognized her as a fellow student at the college. He offered her a ride to Copperas Cove, which was as far as he was going. The 7-11 where he dropped her off of was seventeen miles from her home.

Campbell's purse was located over 180 miles away, off Interstate 10 in Ozona, Texas, in 1992, four years after she was reported missing. Someone turned it in to the Crockett County Sheriff's Department, but they never recorded who had done this or when. The then-sheriff thought the purse had been turned in sometime between April 1988 and January 1989.

Authorities stated that there was no physical evidence relating to Campbell's disappearance inside the purse. It contained her Social Security card, military identification card and credit card, but her makeup, hair brush and keys were missing. Foul play is suspected in her case. Sometime after her disappearance, authorities released a sketch of a possible suspect; the sketch is posted with this case summary.

Campbell resided with her parents in Lampasas, Texas in 1988. She planned to transfer to Texas A&M University in the autumn of that year and study marine biology. Her mother described her as a very naive, trusting young woman. Campbell's parents are still alive, but elderly and in poor health. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
Source Information
Updated 11 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 25, 2016; details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back