Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on official lockdown. :eek::( This is what you officially can and cannot do:

Businesses allowed to open include grocery stores, food banks, pharmacies, medical marijuana dispensaries, gas stations, auto mechanics and repair services, convenience stores, banks, hardware and home improvement stores, laundromats, dry cleaners, printing and office supply shops, pet stores, stores that sell supplies for young children, and mail and delivering shops.

Other businesses should allow people to work from home, if possible.

Restaurants, bars, and liquor stores that provide takeout can remain open. Construction sites will not be closed.

Governor Murphy said people can assume most retail is non-essential. “And we mean it.”

He is also banning all public gatherings — which means no weddings, in-person services, or even parties.

Murphy also said he wants people off the roads for non-essential travel 24 hours. Health workers, media, law enforcement, and federal officials who need to travel are exempt.

Murphy orders N.J. residents to stay home, closes non-essential retail businesses in state lockdown to fight coronavirus

“We expect people to stay home. We want you off the roads. That’s now 24 hours. We don’t want you out there. Period.”

On those who may violate his orders, Murphy said:

“If folks are monkeying around, we will take action.”

Last edited:
Local Walmart decided to allow seniors like myself between 0600 & 0800 to shop. By 0730 shelves were bare. I drove 1 hour to on old Lafayette LA bakery that had 150> loaves just rolled out.

And DH is in CA working as a locum physician. If the lockdown persists, he may not be able to come home in April. I don’t know whether to cry or get a bottle of white Bordeaux and then cry again and pray. If domestic travel is banned, all physicians and nurses who do locum work will not be able to.

Lockdown is quite scary, especially when travel is involved. Still it seems that even when there are lockdowns and strict testing rules, everything is a bit loose and sloppy.

NJ

The state’s first mass testing center for coronavirus was declared to be at capacity minutes after opening Saturday as hundreds stood in line for the site’s second day of operation.

Police began turning people away from drive-thru testing at Bergen County Community College in Paramus less than 15 minutes after it opened at 8 a.m., more than seven hours before it was scheduled to close at 4 p.m.

“There are no more tests,” officers announced through megaphones. “Come back tomorrow.”

Bergen coronavirus testing center declared at capacity 15 minutes after opening Saturday

I don't think we will know until they can test for antibodies ~ assuming we DO develop antibodies.

I think this virus has been around longer than officially recognized.

There are some tests out there that "test for antibodies".

However, they are not specific for COVID-19, and will pick up any of at least 5 other corona viruses that are normally in our milleu. So a positive test means nothing and a negative test means nothing. They still really need to be confirmed by the RNA SARS-CoV-2 swab method.
And they appear to require a blood draw. As far as I can tell

BTW - There are several companies selling test kits with swabs, who will charge you between $150 and $190 for a specimen collection that you do by yourself. The nasal and throat swabs are not "comfortable" to begin with, so if you are self-collecting and have a lousy sample because you don't actually get far enough back into your nasal passenges or your throat, you are not going to get accurate information.

I think it's best to go by symptoms and call your primary care provider, your insurance, or an ER to talk to them about testing or just getting care.

Absolutely the worst time to have quit drinking years ago: "If I'd only known!"

Also, Defense Production Act still unused. WTF? And our Leader had this exchange:

Reporter: For those people who have lost their jobs already, or they’re worried about to lose it tomorrow, what do you want them to do now?

Trump: What they do right now is keep receiving their paychecks.
Hopefully, their companies will been in a strong position. We want to keep everything together. We think we’ll have a tremendous bounce back. Some people agree with that strongly, some of our top economists say once we solve the problem, we’re working on the medical problem. So we want them to keep their jobs, stay where you are, and we’ll see what happens. If they don’t, we unemployment, checks, a lot of very positive things.”

[emphases mine]​

Hey Everyone, I wanted to share something I’ve been doing all winter that I believe in.

I have had pneumonia 3 times in the past 6 years and the last time about killed me and I have no doubt next time might.

An older friend of mine in her late seventies fell and hit counter and punched a hole in her sinus cavity. She had surgery and then for several weeks after she had to use a Netti pot daily. After she healed she continued using Netti pot and says she hasn’t had a cold or flu or anything in several years.

So starting last winter I started using a Netti pot that uses essential oils in solution. I’m a firm and loyal believer of essential oils but that’s a different story for a different time! The product I use is Alkalol.

I haven’t had a cold or flu in the past 2 years but I do suffer from seasonal allergies and using this product has lessoned the severity of them. I have 5 acres that I mow and I used to get so stopped up and sneeze a hundred times while mowing and I still do somewhat still do that but not as bad.

Believe me I have been religiously “washing my nose” as I like to call it every day! Even if I don’t go anywhere. Every single day I boil tap water and use my Netti! I stopped believing long ago that water is purified or distilled and just boil water myself, plus it’s more comfortable to use warm water.

There are YouTube videos on how to use the Netti and it IS kinda difficult and uncomfortable at first but if you do it daily you’ll get the hang of the angle your head has to be and how to stand etc. I advise you to practice several times before adding essential oils to your pipe because you’ll waste a ton of water and product before you get the hang of it! I don’t put the eo’s in water and then put in pipe... i put the eo’s in the pipe and THEN fill pipe up with water.

I found my Alkalol in CVS in my town, my local Walgreens didn’t carry it but maybe some do!

Sorry for such a loooong post!!! Oh and I’ve started boiling my pipe for a minute after using it now.

Everyone wash your hands and stay safe!

Absolutely the worst time to have quit drinking years ago: "If I'd only known!"

Also, Defense Production Act still unused. WTF? And our Leader had this exchange:

Reporter: For those people who have lost their jobs already, or they’re worried about to lose it tomorrow, what do you want them to do now?

Trump: What they do right now is keep receiving their paychecks.
Hopefully, their companies will been in a strong position. We want to keep everything together. We think we’ll have a tremendous bounce back. Some people agree with that strongly, some of our top economists say once we solve the problem, we’re working on the medical problem. So we want them to keep their jobs, stay where you are, and we’ll see what happens. If they don’t, we unemployment, checks, a lot of very positive things.”​

One more example of how badly we need a ‘wait, what?’ button alongside the ‘like’ button.

Last edited:
Not political

I actually think that the press conferences are better coordinated now, and seem to be imparting some good information.

Glad that American businesses are stepping up. I hope that they will continue to be appreciated.

I agree. Today's WH press conference was very good, informative and on point. Hope that continues.

The latest West Texas Shopping Report is over at the WS Coronavirus Shopping thread if anyone is interested........The results of the Expired Cake Mix baking will be posted later if I am still functional..........That is all.....Yall hang in there.....moo

Hey Everyone, I wanted to share something I’ve been doing all winter that I believe in.

I have had pneumonia 3 times in the past 6 years and the last time about killed me and I have no doubt next time might.

An older friend of mine in her late seventies fell and hit counter and punched a hole in her sinus cavity. She had surgery and then for several weeks after she had to use a Netti pot daily. After she healed she continued using Netti pot and says she hasn’t had a cold or flu or anything in several years.

So starting last winter I started using a Netti pot that uses essential oils in solution. I’m a firm and loyal believer of essential oils but that’s a different story for a different time! The product I use is Alkalol.

I haven’t had a cold or flu in the past 2 years but I do suffer from seasonal allergies and using this product has lessoned the severity of them. I have 5 acres that I mow and I used to get so stopped up and sneeze a hundred times while mowing and I still do somewhat still do that but not as bad.

Believe me I have been religiously “washing my nose” as I like to call it every day! Even if I don’t go anywhere. Every single day I boil tap water and use my Netti! I stopped believing long ago that water is purified or distilled and just boil water myself, plus it’s more comfortable to use warm water.

There are YouTube videos on how to use the Netti and it IS kinda difficult and uncomfortable at first but if you do it daily you’ll get the hang of the angle your head has to be and how to stand etc. I advise you to practice several times before adding essential oils to your pipe because you’ll waste a ton of water and product before you get the hang of it! I don’t put the eo’s in water and then put in pipe... i put the eo’s in the pipe and THEN fill pipe up with water.

I found my Alkalol in CVS in my town, my local Walgreens didn’t carry it but maybe some do!

Sorry for such a loooong post!!! Oh and I’ve started boiling my pipe for a minute after using it now.

Everyone wash your hands and stay safe!
I also use the Netti it helps with my sinus issues. Getting low on my small supply of purified water, amounts to one jug, after this is gone will begin boiling water. Any ideas on distilled water for my sleep apnea machine?

Take care and be safe

Businesses allowed to open include grocery stores, food banks, pharmacies, medical marijuana dispensaries, gas stations, auto mechanics and repair services, convenience stores, banks, hardware and home improvement stores, laundromats, dry cleaners, printing and office supply shops, pet stores, stores that sell supplies for young children, and mail and delivering shops.
the same businesses in my area are open as well, a very broad list, imo. Lowe’s is packed, I drove past a few minutes ago. So much for isolating & distancing. As long as things are open, people will come, more than 10, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla