Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as stepparents vs. bioparents being more likely to harm children, remember: the vast majority of children live with at least one bioparent, and not every child has stepparents. If 87% or more of kids live with their biological mother (who also does most child care) and 59-60% of maltreatment is done by bio-moms, those numbers might actually mean they're LESS likely to abuse than either biodads or stepparents.
Childstats.gov - America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2019 - Family Structure and Children's Living Arrangements

I see stats showing stepchildren who LIVE with a stepparent are anywhere from 40 to 100 times as likely to be murdered or maimed as those who live with two biological parents in the household. (ETA: This being exactly the case with Gannon, sadly.)

So yes, I think we can tell lots of kids are abused by bioparents, because lots of kids live WITH bioparents. But it's not a cliche about stepparents for no reason.
Why Are Stepparents More Likely to Kill Their Children?[/QUOTE}

Thank you for pointing out the stats which are actually meaningful. Many people miss the significance when looking at general population stats.

Last edited:
Yup.

I fully anticipate that not only will TS refuse to plead guilty, she's also going to insist upon testifying.

The court'd better make sure that chair they have on the witness stand doesn't swivel; otherwise, she'll be sitting with her back to the courtroom the entire time she's up there.

I'm just waiting for her to tell Michael Allen he owes her an apology "for all of the things he says she has done."

You think I'm joking.

I actually hope she does testify! As much as I can't stand the sight of her & she makes me feel physically ill, she's made a complete fool out of herself (not hard to do!) and dug her hole deeper each time she's talked or released a statement. One last chance for her lying, big mouth to seal her fate AND for Michael Allen to obliterate her!

Now that I've seen the list of charges laid out plainly, I have a different impression than previously. Here are the statutes for the 8 special enhancer charges:

§ 18-1.3-406

(2)(a)(I) “Crime of violence” means any of the crimes specified in subparagraph (II) of this paragraph (a) committed, conspired to be committed, or attempted to be committed by a person during which, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the person:

(A) Used, or possessed and threatened the use of, a deadly weapon;  or

(B) Caused serious bodily injury or death to any other person except another participant.

She was charged with six counts of (2)(a)(I)(A) and two counts of (2)(a)(I)(B). To me this says that initial autopsy found eight (or possibly six) injuries that appear to have been caused by a weapon, two of them lethal.

I actually hope she does testify! As much as I can't stand the sight of her & she makes me feel physically ill, she's made a complete fool out of herself (not hard to do!) and dug her hole deeper each time she's talked or released a statement. One last chance for her lying, big mouth to seal her fate AND for Michael Allen to obliterate her!

Casey Anthony did too. Alas. Meaning lied, lied lied, before she went to court. Then cowardly didn't take the stand, but rather had her defense attorney TSplain away her PTSD about her dad molesting her.

I believe TS will go to trial instead of pleading guilty based on this particular personality type.

I agree I think she might have miscalculated the flow of the water. Here’s a pic from where I think she dropped him to the river. I think the water was higher at the point of drop early February due to flooding. His body or whatever he was contained inside (most likely a suitcase) got stuck on those rocks and ended up stuck under that brush.
There is zero possibility that GS was found where he was after TS had dropped him in the river. The spot where he was located was some 400 yrds up grade from the river. If that was the case then there would have been a noahs ark type flood that happened and flooded Pace and Pensecoloa. Common sense says she stopped near where he was found along sis I10/I90 and dumped him under the road near the pillar behind the bushes.

Can anyone think of a case this horrific? Zahra comes to my mind....But surely there aren't enough to count on more than one hand?

(((landen)))
Jhessye Shockley, AJ Freund, Lucas Hernandez, Maleah Davis, Aliyah Lunsford, Taylor Rose Wilson, Conner and Brinley Snyder, Victoria Martens, Gabriel Fernandez, Noah McIntosh, Roman Lopez, Duke Flores.

Every case is horrific :(

The Walmart near me is open all night. I wonder if there's a Walmart near where she lived? I'd like to see a video of her buying a suitcase at Walmart on Sunday night just for one more cherry on top of an already overloaded ice cream sundae of a prosecution case. Meanwhile... they must be begging for work in C-Springs if she managed to get a carpet company out to her house by Monday morning. Is that even possible? Maybe they just came to give an estimate at that time on their way to another job? How would they even know what kind of carpet to bring to a job at her house so soon?

Hypothetically, If I needed carpet (or vinyl tile) to match an area quickly? I would take it from a closet and replace the closet carpet later with a "close" match if a real match were unavailable. MOO

LS was a softball player and she would have had a sports duffel bag probably on wheels for her bats, cleats and other equipment. If she was moving things out to the U-Haul, no one would even question a softball equipment bag, not even family.
Also, it would probably just be called a suitcase initially because initial reports are often imprecise. MOO MOO MOO

Pretty sure an old, "used" softball bat (the kind a person might tell others they sold back to Play It Again Sports) would qualify as a blunt object too ;)
:(:(

MOO JMO

Jhessye Shockley, AJ Freund, Lucas Hernandez, Maleah Davis, Aliyah Lunsford, Taylor Rose Wilson, Conner and Brinley Snyder, Victoria Martens, Gabriel Fernandez, Noah McIntosh, Roman Lopez.
Every case is horrific o_O
These were all tough. The one that gutted me most was little Cherish Perriwinkle in Fla. I have never seen an ME break down on the stand describing her injuries.

I don't think she will testify. Her lawyers will weigh in heavily. If there was no body at the time of trial, I think she might have done. The body has too much evidence. She had posted pictures of him hiking the day prior. The only one who could have harmed him to kill him was her. If she concealed his body in a container/suitcase, there is probably touch dna that will link her to that item if not actually her hair and skin if there was any struggle. If they have the gun she used, it will be known. If it was a gun from the home that is now missing, she had access. This is why her defense team won't want her to testify.

But, the real reason I don't think she will testify is that she hates his mother and father so much that she won't give them the satisfaction of knowing exactly what happened. I think she would prefer that their imaginations run wild. They will have to struggle against her withholding and attempt to hold onto some power. Kind of like that monster, Frazee.

She may plead out and never say a word or go to trial and never say a word. I think Gannon's family is already prepared to get no information from her and, quite frankly, it may be the biggest asset in terms of getting some healing.

Even a child killer? I mean I would think they would immediately prey on this vile coward where there is no chance of her manipulating anyone, she would just be viewed as lower than dirt.

It all depends on how she enters their culture. I hate to say it, but she is now a celebrity and there are people who will size her up, who are evil incarnate themselves, and sidle right up to her. She doesn't need more than 1-3 allies, and small groups of evil people are at the core of the prison power system. If she can convince a small group of like-minded individuals (people like herself) that she's Badass, she'll have no chance of being overpowered. She knows how to play this kind of currency better than most people.

Prisoners are all about how to get things for themselves. In addition to the possibility that LS will make "friends" in prison (since that is her MO and she has fooled and bamboozled many), she may still have outside support and thus, things to give to other prisoners.

Also, she's going to be part of the group of Mean Badasses Who Are Innocent. On their journey to Innocents.

BTW, many incarcerated women are not functioning at a high level. Many are well below average in IQ. There are many with personality disorders (few who are schizophrenic or bipolar - as those end up elsewhere in many states). I know we all hate LS, but the prisoners have never seen her or heard of her. She'll trickle truth them and gaslight them and have them eating out of the palm of her hand, if she's allowed.

Prisoners are given very few opportunities to physically threaten each other, but lots of opportunities to play psychological games. It could be different in Colorado.

Also, prisoners (IME) have a very shallow sense of what is right. The ones who find God and start following an external system of values are in one group. I do not think LS will be in that group.

She didn't take the most direct route, no. She or, if she had travel companions, might have wanted to stop along the way for reasons we're not aware of. I suspect she wanted to see someone in Florida before continuing on to South Carolina. She might have also thought, by taking a route that would be unexpected, she could complete the trip without being spotted by LE along the way.
Totally agree with this! Why go out of the way? There is more to this already tragic story.

There is zero possibility that GS was found where he was after TS had dropped him in the river. The spot where he was located was some 400 yrds up grade from the river. If that was the case then there would have been a noahs ark type flood that happened and flooded Pace and Pensecoloa. Common sense says she stopped near where he was found along sis I10/I90 and dumped him under the road near the pillar behind the bushes.

Not sure about common sense aspect of your post. She may have thought it was water but it was not. I think she would not have been able to get him down over the rocks and into the weeds and pillar from the side he was accessed from. At some point we will know because I think they have already traced her every move but didn't see that 5 minute stop on her itinerary.

These were all tough. The one that gutted me most was little Cherish Perriwinkle in Fla. I have never seen an ME break down on the stand describing her injuries.
Ohhh, yes sweet little Cherish :(

Aliyah really broke my heart, that sad little face. I hope her siblings are well loved and doing well, and the egg donor is enjoying prison. Thank God she can't ever reproduce again.

I don't think she will testify. Her lawyers will weigh in heavily. If there was no body at the time of trial, I think she might have done. The body has too much evidence. She had posted pictures of him hiking the day prior. The only one who could have harmed him to kill him was her. If she concealed his body in a container/suitcase, there is probably touch dna that will link her to that item if not actually her hair and skin if there was any struggle. If they have the gun she used, it will be known. If it was a gun from the home that is now missing, she had access. This is why her defense team won't want her to testify.

But, the real reason I don't think she will testify is that she hates his mother and father so much that she won't give them the satisfaction of knowing exactly what happened. I think she would prefer that their imaginations run wild. They will have to struggle against her withholding and attempt to hold onto some power. Kind of like that monster, Frazee.

She may plead out and never say a word or go to trial and never say a word. I think Gannon's family is already prepared to get no information from her and, quite frankly, it may be the biggest asset in terms of getting some healing.

She will fill her lawyers full of false scenarios to throw against the wall, just like Casey Anthony. Just to stab at Gannon's parents the same way Casey Anthony did. We haven't heard the last ridiculousness from TS. I'll be shocked if we have.

Not sure about common sense aspect of your post. She may have thought it was water but it was not. I think she would not have been able to get him down over the rocks and into the weeds and pillar from the side he was accessed from. At some point we will know because I think they have already traced her every move but didn't see that 5 minute stop on her itinerary.
edited: to clarify
Whether she thought it was water or not wasn't really the point. The point was that there is no way that water carried him to where he was found. He was found there bc he was placed there. He may have been dropped there from north bound lane and landed where he was found. Or she could have pulled off in the pull off area on the right side of the highway on the south bound lane. Waited for no traffic and moved him by suitcase, bag, etc and drug him down the rocks (downhill) and placed him by the pillar. Either way he was placed where he was found

Attachments

• stauch body found.jpg
    stauch body found.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 45
  • stauch body found road view.jpg
    stauch body found road view.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Wait a minute... she had a moving van, but whined about having to go shopping to get underwear?
How the heck does that make sense, that she had time to load things that needed a moving van, but forgot her gotchies?
:confused:

:D:D That's the key to the T-splaining formula! It doesn't have to make sense to us "normal" people, just to LS and her whirling dervish of wordsmithing! She's a genius only in her own mind!

She needed that moving van for one purpose, and it wasn't for transporting her "gotchies," and Lily Pulitzer wardrobe across the country! :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine