Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid Distraction Device

I didn't ask for this, but somehow, YouTube knew it was what I needed. Maybe none of us will ever attain the skills or guts to partake in this sport at this level, but as a child, I had dreams. . .

LOL
ETA: It just occurred to me that this sport is a great way to hone your social distancing/people avoiding skills. Maybe this generation will make it an official Olympic sport within the next decade.

Last edited:
I love watching TinyKittens livestreams. In a private stream (details to sign up on tinykittens.com), there is a pregnant mama who is due in several weeks. Once she is closer to term, she will be on a public stream, so soon we will have kittens ❤️❤️❤️

This is the current public stream :)

Does anyone have advice for using a laundromat? Since we're not going out we're not going to need clothes the way we would before, but we are going to run out and don't have a washer and dryer. The idea of taking clothes out of the dryer kinda scares me, tbh.

Thanks.

Does anyone have advice for using a laundromat? Since we're not going out we're not going to need clothes the way we would before, but we are going to run out and don't have a washer and dryer. The idea of taking clothes out of the dryer kinda scares me, tbh.

Thanks.
I’m pretty sure dryer heat would kill the virus (can’t remember where I read the exact temp at which it dies, but also, @KALI owns a restaurant and mentioned a temp).

What I would be concerned about are all of the surfaces you’d touch. Table, door, buttons on machines, door handles on machines, money, etc. So if it were me, I’d approach the whole experience fully decked out- gloves, purell, etc. and be extra careful about surfaces. I wouldn’t fold there- I’d take directly home. And I’d stay there the entire time and not leave anything unattended. Just some MOO thoughts.

Thanks.

There are a few tips here and there are other results if you google coronavirus laudromats

Coronavirus: Residents dread reduced laundromat hours

one of our local laundry mats is closing a hour early each night for sanitizing the place- machines, door handle, etc, see if one near you is doing the same.

Might be a good idea to find out when they open, and be the first customer in the morning in the clean & sanitized facility?

Bring wipes & gloves, for certain. I agree with folding at home.

JJMHO YMMV LRR

Right now I’m currently keeping sane by sewing masks for hospitals. But when I finally run out of supplies, I don’t know what I will do. This project has kept my mind occupied. I was having anxiety attacks daily until I started this 3 days ago.

I believe in it. Though, I always have. I feel a bit off key if I don’t do some sort of workout or exercise everyday. Even just a walk or a yoga class. Lots of them online now.

For many, this could be the time to work on being/getting/ staying healthy. Jmo.
Ditto! If I can do one thing to prevent poor health & the need for incessant doctor visits & Rx, I’m down for it. So far so good. Exercise, move move move, a lot of water & fresh air. I find it easy to exercise during a program I’m listening to or watching, I can spread my mat on the floor and do all sorts of leg lifts, sit ups, etc.

I am personally cutting back my consumption of coffee. I use drip ground, so for 4 cups, instead of 4 scoops, now I use 3. Etc.
Dealing with Diabetes 2, I have learned to be more aware of what I eat anyway. Now even more so.
I have also recently moved in with my 94 yr old father. That was in November, and life as we knew it....changes now by the hour. He is basically now a prisoner in his own home. I am the designated errand person, of course. Only taking him out when absolutely necessary.
FYI-any home gardeners out there...the herb Thyme, is antiviral.
It doesn't touch COVID-19 of course, but if you can grown some in your garden or containers, it is a great herb to use and cook with.
Thyme: Benefits, history, and forms

Checkin in. This would be week 4 of quarantine for my family and surprisingly I am enjoying our "new" life. More flexible daily schedule, no late mtgs for my husband, no waiting up for my daughter to come home from work, no 20,000 freshman teens hanging out at our house (Yes, that number is exaggerated but my fridge was always depleted of food after an invasion of my son's friends) . Hope all is well with all of you..

This is a very cool site. I have been having fun with this :)

Psst! Take Your Kids On Virtual Rides While Disney Parks Are Closed Due To COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member