Found Deceased ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, vehicle found, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 #2

mlhenn

Reaction score
Police search for missing Richmond woman
upload_2019-11-30_22-20-16.png
•last seen wearing black pants, black jacket, black hat, and black shoes
•she has blue eyes, blonde hair, and is five feet and one inch tall.
•was last seen driving on I 295 north between exits 9 and 10, said Richmond Police Sgt. James Donnell, who is the investigating officer.
• Heinig drives a black 2008 Mercury Mariner with Maine license plate 2039 GW.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally think I have caught up on this thread. This is a roller coaster of "aha!" and then "wait,...what?"

Some notes as I read this thread, Part 1:
Why was AH in Portland in the early morning on a Tuesday? If you are in Richmond, Maine and want to go out for a drink you have to drive to Portland or go to The Old Goat. The Old Goat is fantastic (if you live in Maine and haven't been, go) but closes early and if you are from Richmond maybe you want to avoid the only place in town. So my first thought is she is young and single and in Maine that means you go to Portland a lot.

Second thought regarding being in Portland early; AH is a figure skater. I think I read that here on WS? Maybe I made that assumption because I thought the pic of her I keep seeing is at the Bowdoin College ice arena. So I asked a friend of mine who is a recreational figure skater who lives in Portland. My friend skates before work, 6am time frame, and says in that part of Maine you have 2 options for "before work" skating, an ice rink in Portland or an ice rink in Falmouth. Either of those ice rinks would require AH to be on I295 in Falmouth if she was coming from or going toward Richmond or Brunswick. My friend also said she personally knew nothing about AH but her skating coach knew AH and said she was a very good skater.

I read into that AH wasn't just good at skating as in she skates around frozen ponds in the winter, AH was good enough that professional skating coaches in Portland knew her. So it would not be unusual for her to go to Portland or Falmouth to skate before work with people who are talented, as she is, at skating.

MOO.

A question I have for locals as I haven't been in that area in a couple of years, I do remember distinctly having no cell phone reception (I have Verizon) between Biddeford and maybe the highway exit for South Portland/ Maine Mall. Is it possible there is a dead spot in cell phone coverage around mile marker 9 in Falmouth? Could AH have had car trouble, picked up her phone to call for help only to have no reception so she walked off down the road without the phone she thought wasn't working?

I hope there's a seasoned homicide detective on this case, as opposed to patrol officers and search and rescue people.
Not to disparage Maine LE in at all, I don't think there is such a thing as a seasoned homicide detective in Falmouth or in Richmond. I lived in Maine for decades and I never locked a door to my house or my car until I became "from away".

If she did go into the water, it's quite likely she wouldn't be found until spring.

Warning, graphic description ahead!

Bodies sink in cold water and usually don't come to the surface until the water warms up enough for decomposition to begin and fill the body cavities with gases. My daughter who went to school in Chicago says they call spring "Body Season" by Lake Michigan.
At the Presumpscot River bridge at low tide AH could stand up in the middle of the channel, the water is only a few feet deep there. If she allegedly jumped at around 6:30 am on Nov 26, the tide would be coming in so she would be swept toward land and not out to Casco Bay, toward the ocean. That isn't to say she wouldn't eventually get swept out to the ocean, but IF we believe (should we?) she went in the water at 6 or 7 am the tide would carry her inland.

Portland, Maine Tides and Tide Charts – US Harbors

Personally, I don't believe that any of the sightings have been credible. There has also been a theory tossed around that if someone actually did see someone walking away from Anneliese's car, perhaps it wasn't Anneliese, but someone that looked like her.
RSBM, BBM
It has bothered me since looking at the DOT camera footage that the particular area around mile marker 9 is about the only section of I-295 I can remember (haven't been there in a few years) where the north bound lane and the south bound lane can't see each other. Early a.m. going north you could stop and not be seen for a few minutes, at least.

I am not at all understanding the theory about someone who looks like AH but reading between the lines this is maybe the person mentioned previously who had "the most conflict" with AH? Confused. I'll go back and reread.

A question I have for locals as I haven't been in that area in a couple of years, I do remember distinctly having no cell phone reception (I have Verizon) between Biddeford and maybe the highway exit for South Portland/ Maine Mall. Is it possible there is a dead spot in cell phone coverage around mile marker 9 in Falmouth? Could AH have had car trouble, picked up her phone to call for help only to have no reception so she walked off down the road without the phone she thought wasn't working?

I am a local and I have AT&T. I haven't experienced any issues with cell service on that particular stretch of 295 from Portland into Falmouth, but can't speak about service as far south as Biddeford, JMO.

Police search for missing Richmond woman
View attachment 239095
•last seen wearing black pants, black jacket, black hat, and black shoes
•she has blue eyes, blonde hair, and is five feet and one inch tall.
•was last seen driving on I 295 north between exits 9 and 10, said Richmond Police Sgt. James Donnell, who is the investigating officer.
• Heinig drives a black 2008 Mercury Mariner with Maine license plate 2039 GW.

Thread #1
ME - ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION*
here is her media thread

At the Presumpscot River bridge at low tide AH could stand up in the middle of the channel, the water is only a few feet deep there. If she allegedly jumped at around 6:30 am on Nov 26, the tide would be coming in so she would be swept toward land and not out to Casco Bay, toward the ocean. That isn't to say she wouldn't eventually get swept out to the ocean, but IF we believe (should we?) she went in the water at 6 or 7 am the tide would carry her inland.

Portland, Maine Tides and Tide Charts – US Harbors

Good info, thanks.

Though I wasn't necessarily thinking that she would have chosen that particular spot of water. I was thinking she might have walked farther, to a place she knew. Or that she might have sat and thought for a while before deciding. (If that was what happened--I'm as buzzed as anybody and just brainstorming on all the options.

I am a local and I have AT&T. I haven't experienced any issues with cell service on that particular stretch of 295 from Portland into Falmouth, but can't speak about service as far south as Biddeford, JMO.
I apologize for bringing up Biddeford, it is not related to the story here and confusing the issue for people not in the area. My intention was to point out you don't have to be very far away from Portland for cell phone service to get a little "spotty", in my experience (it has been a few years). It is a long shot, just brainstorming.

Seconding the second thread surprise.

Sticking with laws of probability, I can't see, even in an ASOC, intentionally abandoning a vehicle in that area.

Still not convinced of the accounts of LEO, TTD, DOT driver. Breaks in protocols are far more rare in State level police departments. In my experiences in MI. A lot of unverifiables.

Leaving behind a purse and phone, but locking the vehicle*, is one of the most troubling points for me, still. That leans to a not-so-good Samaritan and/or person of trust, mentioned above, element of surprise/dropped guard.

The next thought I had was, a dark vehicle, dark road, dark clothing, being struck by a passing vehicle. Panic, load & dump, has happened in the past.

*I didn't check, but is that vehicle one that auto-locks? That could mean she got out and couldn't get back in, and could have met nearly any fate in any direction.

I didn't check, but is that vehicle one that auto-locks?
RSBM

Good point! What happens to a car with keypad entry when the battery dies? Maybe as carbuff (I think? somebody mentioned this in the first thread) pointed out the alternator could have been bad so the car was using the battery. As the battery got weak AH pulled over because headlights were dimming. She stepped out of the car not with any intention to walk off down the highway but just to look and see if there was dirt, snow, or some other reason the headlights were dim. That would explain leaving the phone and purse in the car. She gets out, closes the door, and because the battery is near dead the keypad entry doesn't work and she can't get back in. Now she is wearing all black, in the dark, no phone, can't get back into the car... in a bad and vulnerable situation.

Maybe my signature here should be "it's a long shot. Just brainstorming".

Seconding the second thread surprise.

Sticking with laws of probability, I can't see, even in an ASOC, intentionally abandoning a vehicle in that area.

Still not convinced of the accounts of LEO, TTD, DOT driver. Breaks in protocols are far more rare in State level police departments. In my experiences in MI. A lot of unverifiables.

Leaving behind a purse and phone, but locking the vehicle*, is one of the most troubling points for me, still. That leans to a not-so-good Samaritan and/or person of trust, mentioned above, element of surprise/dropped guard.

The next thought I had was, a dark vehicle, dark road, dark clothing, being struck by a passing vehicle. Panic, load & dump, has happened in the past.

*I didn't check, but is that vehicle one that auto-locks? That could mean she got out and couldn't get back in, and could have met nearly any fate in any direction.
Whoa whoa whao! You lost me at ASOC.
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus?
Anneliese Stumbled On a Crime?

Whoa whoa whao! You lost me at ASOC.
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus?
Anneliese Stumbled On a Crime?

Acronyms Sometimes Occur Curiously? Baahaa. Nah, simply Altered State Of Consciousness. Generic catch-all for atypical thoughts and behaviors, regardless of causation. Could be psychotic episode, intoxication intentional or nefariously, poisoning, extreme duress/trauma/temps, and so on. The "O" isn't always present(not going there) but ASC has medical and criminology uses, and I confuse easily :)

While I don't see any information clearly indicating what happened, I'm somewhat more inclined to the dark night/dark clothes/accidentally struck scenario. And either the person picked her body up and dumped her, or she was flung far enough off the highway searches couldn't find her.

I guess in that situation it would also be possible she wandered off injured and died of exposure?

While I don't see any information clearly indicating what happened, I'm somewhat more inclined to the dark night/dark clothes/accidentally struck scenario. And either the person picked her body up and dumped her, or she was flung far enough off the highway searches couldn't find her.

I guess in that situation it would also be possible she wandered off injured and died of exposure?

After the bulb went on for the unintentional lockout scenario, that moves to the top of my list as well.

Pick up and dump seems it would be more a panic for the driver, and less likely to do a good job of concealing her, to the extent she's still not found?

DOT truck requested her vehicle be removed for plowing. Poor visibility, big vehicle, may not realize a person was struck and sent off the road. Or may...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back