GUILTY UK - Emily Jones, 7 stabbed to death by stranger in park, Bolton, 22 Mar 2020

My god. From your link:

“A 30-year-old woman who was not known to the family was detained by a member of the public and then arrested by the police. She is currently in custody for murder and it is expected she will be interviewed by detectives later"

I'm not into giving anyone a free ride, but mental health is sometimes a mitigating factor. As soon as I saw this I thought of Katie Rough.

Need more details though.

That's exactly who I thought of too Legally! This will be difficult for them too, no doubt press will be drawing parallels and old would opened.

Just horrific news :(

Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said officers were "working to understand the motive for this completely random and brutal attack".

"A woman who was not known to the family was detained by a member of the public and then arrested by the police," he said.

"We understand that the woman has some history of mental illness and we are working to understand if this played any part in her motive."

Girl, seven, stabbed to death by stranger in park

I too suspected a domestic incident of some sort, but the arrested woman is said to not be known by the family
I was thinking more of the mental health of the suspect rather than the relationship to the deceased. Maybe it's just because they were both 7yo that I started thinking about Katie. IDK.

Too early to say for me.

I was thinking more of the mental health of the suspect rather than the relationship to the deceased. Maybe it's just because they were both 7yo that I started thinking about Katie. IDK.

Too early to say for me.

I thought of Katie too and wondered if it was a vengeful step-parent situation given the ages. Whatever has happened it's terrifying, much like the little lad who was thrown from the Tate. Child murders by strangers are pretty rare here - thankfully - but both were on trips out with their parents, they should have been safe. This world is just messed up right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back