Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fines for not self-isolating? Good luck with that, when the people don't have money for necessities. Also the hotline for people to call. Other places are letting low risk offenders out of jail, with no place to go, homeless people are exempt from rules, but please call on citizens that have so far paid taxes. SMH

MOO

Texas becomes latest state to halt abortion services amid coronavirus outbreak
"The Texas Attorney General's office just ordered all clinics that provide abortion to immediately stop providing the procedure in order to comply with the state's temporary suspension of surgeries that are not deemed "medically necessary," according to a statement from the office shared with CBS News. Texas is the latest state to halt abortion services amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

According to the Attorney General's office, "any type of abortion that is not medically necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother" must be suspended. Those in violation will face "penalties of up to $1,000 or 180 days of jail time."

Good, finally a lockdown of sorts here in the UK.
I pray it will make a difference.
I’ve had a rough and emotional day today - this thread and everyone here help make things more bearable. Thank you, WSers.
Time for this cat lady to head to bed...good night!

Cantrell: Helping New Orleans' homeless off streets, away from 'crazy' rats a priority amid coronavirus

Videos on social media have shown groups of rats in the middle of Bourbon Street in recent days as restaurants and bars have shut down and typical pedestrians have stayed home.

"What we have seen is these practices are driving our rodents crazy," Cantrell said. "And what rodents do, they will find food and they will find water. That puts our street homeless in dire, dire straits. And that’s why I’m so laser focused on it right now."

New Orleans begins baiting for rats as rodent population fans out due to coronavirus

A viral video by Charles Marsala showing more than a dozen rats congregating in the middle of a vacant Bourbon Street last week shed light on an emerging phenomenon: With many restaurants closed, rats accustomed to getting food further out of public view are having to forage more widely, and empty streets lined with residential garbage cans are the next closest source.

BBM :eek:

Fines for not self-isolating? Good luck with that, when the people don't have money for necessities. Also the hotline for people to call. Other places are letting low risk offenders out of jail, with no place to go, homeless people are exempt from rules, but please call on citizens that have so far paid taxes. SMH

MOO

Yeah, I'm wondering how this is going to work.

Cantrell: Helping New Orleans' homeless off streets, away from 'crazy' rats a priority amid coronavirus

Videos on social media have shown groups of rats in the middle of Bourbon Street in recent days as restaurants and bars have shut down and typical pedestrians have stayed home.

"What we have seen is these practices are driving our rodents crazy," Cantrell said. "And what rodents do, they will find food and they will find water. That puts our street homeless in dire, dire straits. And that’s why I’m so laser focused on it right now."

New Orleans begins baiting for rats as rodent population fans out due to coronavirus

A viral video by Charles Marsala showing more than a dozen rats congregating in the middle of a vacant Bourbon Street last week shed light on an emerging phenomenon: With many restaurants closed, rats accustomed to getting food further out of public view are having to forage more widely, and empty streets lined with residential garbage cans are the next closest source.

BBM :eek:
I really don't like this, although I "liked" it. I'm sorry this is happening to this beautiful place, and I'm glad they are protecting the homeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.