** COVID-19 POLL**: Confident US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

Are you confident that US government agencies are doing everything possible to prevent the spread?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

• Other__________________________

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted “yes”, I think they are likely doing their best, to the best of their abilities. However, it must be noted that I’m still a whole thread behind. I may see or read something that could change my mind on this.

I am extremely concerned about the lack of leadership from the federal government because there seems to be a lot of misinformation given at press conferences. Supposedly there were supposed to be a million tests ready this week? Also, I am deeply concerned that the Iowa governor and state officials are not taking testing seriously. I understand there are a shortage of tests, but there has been no mention from the governor about obtaining more test kits. The press conference with the governor was especially appalling today because it seems that the state medical director doesn't feel like testing is necessary since there is no current treatment.

I do not pay attention to anything coming from Fed. My state yes. Absolute faith in the people in charge of my state, city. I've also utilized WHO, and various Hospital Systems websites for info. I have no tolerance for BS. FACTS only. Just like this website.

Zero confidence in the federal government, but a certain amount of confidence in my state. Honestly though, I trust my own self preservation instincts the most. Hubby and I have been prepared for something catastrophic for over 10 years now. We are educated on survival preparedness, we are well stocked on essentials including a stock pile of our prescription meds, we have taught ourselves ( or asked those who are trained to teach us ) many basic survival skills and medical skills, and we know which state and local agencies for follow for updates and information.

As awful and unprecedented as this pandemic is... I truly hope that the silver lining is that EVERYONE becomes more self educated and self-sufficient. Your lives, and the lives of those you love, may depend on it. If not today, then tomorrow. :)

I worry like everyone. Not enough tests per day that I'm seeing. Some states yes, a large amount of testing. Others, like mine, not as much but it has picked up to 250 or so per day, an over 1.0o0,000. I'm staying home as much as possible, I'm older, buy big stuff. It probably won't be until March 2o21 until some of us get a vaccine maybe. Hope it's way before that! I hate this virus with all of my heart. jmo

What nation would one rather be in during a crisis such as this?

Proud to be in the USA, and confident our health care system is second to none.

I'm not in the US (UK) but I'd much rather be in Germany or South Korea. They seem to have handled it really well, both in preventing the spread of the virus and keeping people alive.

The US, eh, not so much. I don't have much faith in your governments, or mine, for that matter. We're not handling it all that much better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back