Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if the mail no longer delivers? Amazon has been using USPS instead of UPS for months here. I have never seen an Amazon Prime truck delivery. (Other cities - yes) Drugs are on auto refill and sent via USPS. Getting a new scrip to send to a local pharmacy requires a phone call to a doctor that takes days to get through.
JMO

The postal debt isn't due tomorrow. It is not an emergency. No need to have it outright forgiven.

UK

People are having to use videolinks to say their last goodbyes to dying relatives with Covid-19 because hospitals are curtailing visits to prevent spread of the virus.

In a sad scene that is increasingly being played out out across the country, in the early hours of Tuesday morning a patient with coronavirus was taken off a ventilator at a hospital in south-east London.

His wife and two children were unable to be with him but watched at home via videolink, after agreement from staff in the intensive treatment unit.

A matron familiar with the case, who did not wish to be named, said the wife had been offered the opportunity of being there in person but without the children and at her own risk so she requested the family be able to watch it from home instead.

The matron told the Guardian: “It is heartbreaking that he died without his family being able to hold his hands or giving him a goodbye kiss but at least they saw him in his final moments.

Coronavirus: Britons saying final goodbyes to dying relatives by videolink

It is also happening here in the US, multiple stories of people dying alone with this virus. I cried so many tears the other day at the thought of families are unable to grieve together.

First person to die from coronavirus in Indiana had to say goodbye to loved one via iPad

Dr. Fauci is NOT at the town hall meeting. Per President, "he's in a meeting". Hum..... It's like the pressers. They all in the Rose garden, sitting on tall chairs.

Has Dr. Fauci spoken to the media in the last few days? I keep thinking about the doctors in China who were silenced.

Moo....
Nope....he did an interview with Science that was released over the weekend and have not seen him since.

Even the surgeon general has been reined in. Last week he said the worse was to come....today, 80% will be just fine.

‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic

I believe this is a town hall sponsored by Fox News. In other words, Fox news was invited to the garden at the White House to have a town hall meeting. It was not opened up to the press as far as I can tell. As there is not a link to provide, I will say this is my guess and MOO. Maybe someone else can help clarify. Also, will this replace the daily press briefing?

Fox News

I think it will. Yesterday, the 5:30 conference didn't start til almost 6:30. NBC and CBS cut to there regulator news and did not cover.

The White House has MUCH more control with a RoseGarden/Fox "Town hall" . It will become for difficult to evade the lack of mask and PPE questions from the media. CBS and NBC had a BIG focus on the morning shows. I can't remember which, had live video chat with Doctors on the front line begging for mask and PPE. Doctors from metropolitan areas to small towns, all saying....we are giving our lives please, please try to help us get mask and PPE.

I'm tried of hearing the check is in the mail. I hear of 100s of thousand of mask being donated. Where the h**l are they? Yes, many manufactures are stepping up to make them. It takes weeks and months to get a plant up and running.

Moo...

I was glad to see our stores reserving times for our seniors to shop. I did not expect to see this when checking the hours we can shop at specific stores. I feel like crying you all :(

Coronavirus: Clark County groceries reserve special hours for seniors, at-risk to shop
A Facebook post by the Clark County sheriff’s office highlighted some of the stores with the special shopping hours while another post explained deputies — some in uniform and others undercover — would be posted at every grocery store in the city of Springfield and throughout the county.

Sheriff Deb Burchett told the Springfield News-Sun that was in response to reports of elderly people being treated poorly in stores in the area.

“I’ve received several messages from the public and from managers of the stores saying that the elderly people are being shoved around,” Burchett said. “People have been trying to steal out of their baskets. They’re trying to take their purses out in the parking lot, and I thought, ‘We can’t have this for our community. We’re better than that.’ So I decided that I would post an officer at every one of the stores when the elderly and at-risk are going into get their groceries to let them know we’re here for them whatever they need.

that fills me with so much rage - thank goodness the Sheriff stepped up

Thank you. I am not intimidated by internet bullies :)

Your 88 year old friend is correct. The fact is, most in the U.S. have never faced a situation as dire as say, WW2. Think of being in London when the Germans were bombing the city relentlessly.

Anyway, you have no idea how much your post means to me. I am certain there are many who are afraid to speak out regarding this situation, but I am not.

Yes, we have a crisis. Yes we have a challenge we've never faced before.

But panic, hysteria, and fanning the flames of paranoia do no good for our ability to move forward.

peace :)

Actually, I myself have not seen "But panic, hysteria, and fanning the flames of paranoia do no good for our ability to move forward."

It's the old adage of (not meant to say this about OP, just an adage about what we read in social media etc...) what you say about me says more about you. I've stuck to that since early adulthood and has gotten me through many trials in my life where I was preparing, and folks thought I was Henny Penny etc. like many of us prepared since thread #1 here.

That aside... another personal experience today. This makes #4 fo me personally knowing someone affected through friend/family 2nd generation type thing.

As time has gone on and many leaders such as Trudeau have said to reach out... today I reached out to a long ago friend (which is connected to a current day to day friend) who I had thought was in New York. She and her hubby moved there from Madrid Spain where I had visited there in the early 90's for 10 days. Anyhowwwwwwww...

She and hubby took a trip from New York on March 3rd (yes, decision questionable but I'll not speak to) for 2 weeks back to Madrid Spain. March 6th, he took a short trip to Italy. Once back there in Spain, her husband came down and was positively diagnosed with Covid-19. He was desperately ill for 10 days, from the 10th to the 20th, and is now home recovering. Her sister-in-laws father died yesterday...yep, you guessed it, of COVID-19. Three of the family now have it.

The Ice skating rink at Madrid is now set up as a semi-morgue. It is currently a police state for which folks can only go out 1xweek and must carry ID.

The embassy has said to leave this week, or they are not getting back out. Yet due to recent exposures, they cannot

As stated here...

SAVE LIVES, STAY AT HOME

ETA: Know some here are going to ask why flew there... he is well known media personality that was born/raised in Spain and very familiar with covering Spain/Italy.

MOO, no links on story I'll share... consider it personal MOO

Saw a post on a response to Mayor's order to shut down city which someone working at McDonalds drive-thru wants to wear a face mask and the boss won't let her. People getting very angry about the 'essential worker/business criteria' and I don't blame them.

My DD is in banking. Most branches can't legally close during this. The past couple of days the traffic has slowed down. She was really getting fed up with people coming in to do things they can do online. Like open up a savings account for Christmas. Not exactly essential.

Nope....he did an interview with Science that was released over the weekend and have not seen him since.

Even the surgeon general has been reined in. Last week he said the worse was to come....today, 80% will be just fine.

‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic

They can't hide the numbers. It may get down to each person, county, and state are on there own.

The lions share of the national stockpile is going to NY, soon there will be nothing left.

Could be part of it. And maybe he’s trying to give a sense of hope and trying to offset some of the panic. What he said sounds like something a parent might say to their child to comfort and encourage. As an optimist and a successful business man, I think he naturally approaches things from that point of view, imo.

Easter Sunday - the Resurrection. Passover, as well. I hope and pray that our nation can begin to have some sense of normalcy by then. Time will tell...

Last edited:
They can't hide the numbers. It may get down to each person, county, and state are on there own.

The lions share of the national stockpile is going to NY, soon there will be nothing left.
This is a sales job to the American people for them to harass the locals to get back to work. He can't do it himself so he is inciting the American people to do it for him....IMO

Who you gonna believe....I'm with the doctors, IMO

Wow! You somehow managed to reach out of my computer and touch my heart. My only living child is 6 years old, my baby girl. We live in VA. She just started Kindergarten (seems like yesterday) this past September. Our Governor announced yesterday schools are canceled for the remainder of the school year. :( And I do know there are teenagers upset they won't have prom, or High School Graduation. All the while i'm just upset my little bit won't have a Kindergarten Graduation. Seems selfish, I know, I know. But I can't help thinking how my little bit will remember this time of her life. Will she look back and think, WOW I lived through that? Or I got to spend half my Kindergarten year with Momma and Dad, learning how to be teachers, and we had a blast.

Well...... Now that i'm balling like a baby, i'm going back to lurking.

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!!
You sound like loving parents to hang out with! I enjoy children learning new things. She can help cook/bake, measure etc and enjoy many things with you. Have her help in making a graduation cake, hats and party items! She can have her dolls or plush animals get written invites to attend as well. Make it as fun as possible, enjoy her being healthy! Good luck!

We were informed today that we are essential and will continue to work in the testing lab. Being grateful to be employed when so many others aren’t as fortunate. I know my techs breathed a sigh of relief that they will continue to be paid. Now we just all need to stay healthy.

We were informed today that we are essential and will continue to work in the testing lab. Being grateful to be employed when so many others aren’t as fortunate. I know my techs breathed a sigh of relief that they will continue to be paid. Now we just all need to stay healthy.

Prayers going up for your health. I am thankful I am employed- though certainly NOT essential. I however, am not going to be treated like absolute garbage. Thank the Lord I don't need this job to survive- many do.

"And we can start thinking about — as an example, parts of our country are very lightly affected. Very small numbers. And, you know, you look at a state — great governor — Pete Ricketts, Nebraska. You look at the kind of numbers they have out there. They have one of the great — one of the great hospitals there, too, relative to what we’re talking about. But you look at Nebraska, you look at Idaho, you look at Iowa, you look at many — I could name many countries (here I think he misspoke, and meant states) that are handling it very, very well and that are not affected to the same extent, or, frankly, not even nearly to the extent of New York, which is really —"

Bold added by me. I don't think for a second that the President intends to wave all interventions in one week and get back to business as normal. I think there will be a move toward resumption of normalcy in those states/sectors where the threat from C19 is low.

ITA. Of course there will be. There are still large areas of the U.S. that haven't required shelter-in-place orders and Nebraska is one of them. Still no deaths here. Manufacturing and food production is critical to help the areas which are hard hit. The supply chain can't function if there are no supplies. People sheltering in place still need food.

JMO

This is a sales job to the American people for them to harass the locals to get back to work. He can't do it himself so he is inciting the American people to do it for him....IMO

Who you gonna believe....I'm with the doctors, IMO

Oh, I'm defiantly with the Doctors. I've been working hard in VA for the Governor to look at the NUMBERS from the really smart people and think tanks.

I have personal knowledge some of these folks are working with the task force making projections.

The more the WH speaks, the more data I look at from these elite biostatistician, I question the truth and judgement of my state and federal leaders.

Moo...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads