Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always feel this way, as I'm sure all of us do, anytime we see a tragedy after the fact. "Princess Diana, don't get in that car!" "JFK Jr., don't get in that plane." "Kobe and your friends and children, don't get in that helicopter!" It is exponentially more horrific that this was a child and that this was an intentional act, by someone who was presumptively a member of his family.

I'm very behind on the facts, and have been gleaning a lot of info here. I admire the thoughtfulness with which you have all been theorizing about how this occurred. I've seen the Cousin It interview and the neighbor's driveway video, but nothing with Gannon speaking.

It's incredibly painful to think of how she employed multiple means to destroy him. This overkill is borne of such deep hatred and reminds me of how Rasputin was allegedly killed. Attempted poison, drowning, shooting until something worked. To do this to a child, to your husband's child, is unimaginable.

I feel so much for AS who must not live only with the grief but also the guilt, for having once loved this woman and bringing her into the lives of his children.

Do yourself a favor.
If you do come across it, don't watch/listen to that video.
Some things you just can't un-hear, and this one is heartbreaking.

Not at all MOO, but plain fact.

Gotcha yah I agree he never returned and honestly I never understood the push to believe LS statement that GS had returned that day. A liars statement and a grainy shadow was somehow turned into hard evidence by a specific social media personality and pretty much used as a defense of this vile woman all over social media. There was never and has never been any facts that GS ever returned to that home. In fact the evidence points to the very opposite. It’s fine to be open to certain possibilities, but to all but state it as fact and spread it all over social media was wrong imo. Not aimed at anybody here so let’s make that clear. And maybe that wasn’t their intention, but that is certainly how it was spread and portrayed by LS minions

A 'shadow' element does appear in the video; the cause of that shadow was in dispute. I am inclined to accept it as an anomaly of the video-copy-of-a-video recording process or of the video codec.

The current 'evidence' pool (what we think we know) apparently points to Gannon never having returned to the house but when the video first hit the media such 'evidence' was not yet known.

No fricken clue. Massguy is getting frustrated!!!

Every judge is different, every case is different, and this virus is a big old pain in the *advertiser censored*.

I do think it’s likely to be any day now, as it’s already taken longer than I thought for a ruling.

I'm prepared to shelter in place, so I'm going to go ahead and say it:

I don't think we're going to see that affidavit unsealed before the next court hearing on April 14th.

It's starting to look like we're going to see it later rather than sooner.

It gets harder and more horrifying each day we find out more & especially knowing the added charges. It brings me peace & joy to see pics and watch videos of Gannon that AS & LH have shared with us! I'm choosing to remember Gannon this way & am thankful that he experienced uncondional, infinite love from his birth parents and that he had many happy times with them & his little sisters during his 11 years!

#GannonStrong
As bad as it is now, it’s going to get much worse.

It’s one thing to hear about the means in which she inflicted injuries on him, but another thing entirely to hear about the events surrounding those injuries.

I absolutely expect we’re going to hear horrible things in regards to what happened Sunday night, as those daughters have to have seen the abuse and/or the aftermath.

I expect that to be included in the arrest affidavit, although not in as much detail as we’ll hear at the preliminary hearing.

Since there are now 2-1st degree charges, are we now looking at 2 (possibly) consecutive LWOP sentences plus however many years for the other 11 charges?

This case has bothered me from day 1. After day 2 is when I really started following like I am now, but as soon as the Cousin It interview came out, I really had a horrible feeling about what LS had done.

We are all spending time trying to get "into" LS's head, and I think for me personally, I am done doing that. It's far too dark and scary IMO.

In the end, I know that justice will be served and I pray that LH and AS can find solace in that. My heart breaks for LH in the sense of losing a loved one, and for AS in that he let this monster in.

I'm prepared to shelter in place, so I'm going to go ahead and say it:

I don't think we're going to see that affidavit unsealed before the next court hearing on April 14th.

It's starting to look like we're going to see it later rather than sooner.
I’ll take that bet. Loser has to change their avatar to the winner’s choice for 1 week.

We’ll see a ruling long before then.

I'd bet LS went to the extreme (blunt object, knife, firearm) in an attempt to obscure bruising and injuries incurred during her rage Sunday/Monday, as part of her hatched plan that Gannon was a runaway/kidnapped and if/when found that LE would assume a 'kidnapper' had murdered him.

She obviously thought she would get away with it.

I said the exact same a couple days ago, I think she went with overkill to look like some psycho killer did it, of course a sweet loving step mother would never do all those horrible things. Just ask Elisa Baker. For those of you who aren’t familiar with that case, look up Zahra Baker. That precious angel was beyond tortured/murdered by Elisa (her Evil Step Monster). In my opinion, that is one the worst cases of step parent abuse ever.

A 'shadow' element does appear in the video; the cause of that shadow was in dispute. I am inclined to accept it as an anomaly of the video-copy-of-a-video recording process or of the video codec.

The current 'evidence' pool (what we think we know) apparently points to Gannon never having returned to the house but when the video first hit the media such 'evidence' was not yet known.

When I watched the neighbors video (more times than I am willing to admit), I saw the shadow in question as being from the drivers side door. The timing seems right, but I am FAR from an expert and will leave this one to them.

No fricken clue. Massguy is getting frustrated!!!

Every judge is different, every case is different, and this virus is a big old pain in the *advertiser censored*.

I do think it’s likely to be any day now, as it’s already taken longer than I thought for a ruling.
Yep we basically aren’t doing much in the Courts right now - i expect a big old delay on this one
JMO

I’ll take that bet. Loser has to change their avatar to the winner’s choice for 1 week.

We’ll see a ruling long before then.
BBM:

Deal.

You're going to love your new makeover…promise!

You were about due for a change, anyway.

That tired, old Liberace on steroids look you've been sporting is soooo yesterday.

Last edited:
Yeah, I realize that small detour part was not very long but I was meaning that from Colorado to SC, there is a much more direct route without going south to Florida. Someone gave us a map of the 2 ways to SC from Colorado springs. There is a more westerdly direct route that heads more west without branching all the way south to Florida. I think it would save around 4-6 hours from what I remember.

If she traveled with others and kept everything hidden from everyone and she was the only one that headed to Florida, I am thinking the others would go the more direct route, so she would have had some "story" for them why she wasnt close to them. Overslept, got a flat, or some other lame excuse she would tell them is my guess. It would help LE if the others share bits of information like that if they drove a vehicle for her.

Of course there's a quicker way to SC and instead, she goes to FL. It's possible she went to SC first, but the FBI office addresses in the legal paperwork make me think she went through the Texas panhandle, LA, etc.

The thing about parting company is that there were 5 of them. The sedan holds 5, the truck probably could squeeze in 3. So, LS would have had to take the truck and head to FL while the other 4 piled in the sedan and headed to SC. Surely they had to wonder WTH she was doing. They had to be very suspicious.

She could have taken one person with her - but if her intent was to dump the suitcase, she'd have been better off not doing that. She would have lied and said she had a reason to go in a different direction (probably never mentioned FL). I still believe she slept at least twice on that journey and that someone in FL knows she was at their motel. A woman driving a moving truck might be memorable.

I do wonder why LE continued to not name her a POI once she left the state. Surely they knew she had gone.

And they all knew Gannon had not yet been found when LS took off on her own (if she did).

I said the exact same a couple days ago, I think she went with overkill to look like some psycho killer did it, of course a sweet loving step mother would never do all those horrible things. Just ask Elisa Baker. For those of you who aren’t familiar with that case, look up Zahra Baker. That precious angel was beyond tortured/murdered by Elisa (her Evil Step Monster). In my opinion, that is one the worst cases of step parent abuse ever.

I have said from the beginning that TS reminds me of Elisa Baker. There is something in those eyes...

BBM:

Deal.

You're going to love your new makeover…promise!

You were about due for a change, anyway.

That Liberace on steroids look is getting old…just like you-know-who.

While I really hope @MassGuy is right and we see it soon.... I won't be upset if I don't have to look at Tom Brady any longer, ha.

As bad as it is now, it’s going to get much worse.

It’s one thing to hear about the means in which she inflicted injuries on him, but another thing entirely to hear about the events surrounding those injuries.

I absolutely expect we’re going to hear horrible things in regards to what happened Sunday night, as those daughters have to have seen the abuse and/or the aftermath.

I expect that to be included in the arrest affidavit, although not in as much detail as we’ll hear at the preliminary hearing.

Yes, you & others have said it. I've been warned & I know it's true! I feel an obligation to sweet Gannon, to stick with this case & see justice served for him! So I won't leave, but I don't think my brain & heart can handle reading/hearing those details.

:(:(:(

I think she went with overkill because she’s a psycho killer.

This is someone, in my view anyway, who was going to commit a murder at some point, whether or not she ever crossed paths with AS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288