Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to take a gander and say missing firearm from the gun safe, missing suitcase and missing piece of wood from AS stockpile, a project he’s building with Gannon,
Is that enough, yes or no?!

I think you're very close. I think they found the wood in their search and that one of the boards we can see in the garage (for oil containment, on the floor) was missing. I think whatever happened Sunday night happened partly in the garage and partly in the living room. Gannon then runs to the basement, injured.

I think AS started noticing missing things the instant he arrived home. LE would have already noticed hooks in the garage where things seemed to be missing, but AS had the task of going around the whole house, reconstructing things. Ghastly. AS was probably there to see luminol results as well. He was asked a lot of hard questions about his wife.

I think Dan May and crew stopped by because they couldn't believe what they were hearing. All kinds of crime evidence in the house, plus missing weapon(s), suitcase, duffle bag, and woodworking tools. Blood in a bunch of places, including footprint tracks. Items moved around/replaced. I wonder if AS was there that day.

If LS went on a rampage starting, say, in the garage, the DA wanted to see how that unfolded in the house. If they really did leave their security system on an "at home" setting, DDA gets to match that up with what they saw. It must be difficult thinking about where to start, with the jury.

New here. Pardon the intrusion, but y'all are assuming that neighbor's video is from the time LS said he went missing and the last sighting of him. I don't believe the video that has been circulating all over the media is from that time period 10am-2pm. I'm not even positive its Gannon in the video that has been shown. In that video, he is not even wearing the clothes they said he went missing in. I can't make out a face either, and was wondering if this could even be HH.

It just doesn't make sense that they would publicize what he was wearing as blue jeans, when the video publicized clearly shows different clothes.

We all know how much LS has lied, but in the crime online interview, she did say the video shown was wrong, from a different day. This is the one time I actually believe her. I don't believe anyone outside of LE has seen the last known video of him because it has never been released to the public.

All this is my opinion only.

Well, first, the "they" you mention in your third sentence is Letecia Stauch, who is in jail for the murder of Gannon. Not sure you should trust her on what he was wearing (or his height and weight or anything else she has ever said). Since you're new, can I ask if you've gone through and listened or read all the utterances of Letecia Stauch that are in MSM?

I don't believe her at all and neither does LE or Albert Stauch. That video is timestamped and LE has seen the time stamps. Further, Letecia herself admitted she was out and about that day and she never denies that it was Gannon who got into the truck. So start there.

She only lies about "shadow technology," and apparently has convinced you. As someone who has access to really good monitors at work, I can assure that the pixelated artifacts in that video are random, that there's a shadow from the driver's door opening, and that Gannon does not get out of the truck. I believe RD about AS's response and I believe AS's actions immediately thereafter show that he too knows the time stamp on that video.

Is there a reason you want to disbelieve all the things she's said that implicate her and believe an obvious lie that she told? Do you think she dropped him off at the corner and a stranger took him? Why didn't she say that?

Why did she flee the state, do you think? What do you think was in the gun-shaped bag she put in the truck?

New here. Pardon the intrusion, but y'all are assuming that neighbor's video is from the time LS said he went missing and the last sighting of him. I don't believe the video that has been circulating all over the media is from that time period 10am-2pm. I'm not even positive its Gannon in the video that has been shown. In that video, he is not even wearing the clothes they said he went missing in. I can't make out a face either, and was wondering if this could even be HH.

It just doesn't make sense that they would publicize what he was wearing as blue jeans, when the video publicized clearly shows different clothes.

We all know how much LS has lied, but in the crime online interview, she did say the video shown was wrong, from a different day. This is the one time I actually believe her. I don't believe anyone outside of LE has seen the last known video of him because it has never been released to the public.

All this is my opinion only.

"It just doesn't make sense that they would publicize what he was wearing as blue jeans, when the video publicized clearly shows different clothes."

Ummm....who told them what he was wearing when he went missing? Oh yah, the stepmom told them that info. ....:rolleyes:..... So should we believe her when she tells us what he was wearing?

And you want to believe her when she says that video was taken on a different date?

Why would you believe that? You don't think the FBI and the Homicide Detectives were able to figure out the dates on that Infinity footage?

AND the liquor stores are closed. (Thought it beared repeating.)

I don't even drink very often. But a glass bottle of wine would be nice.

I'm anxious for the AA to be unsealed too.

Lol, I was reading this as alcohol anonymous. I am hoping now that he has been found it will be released. Unless they they think. it will hinder her right to a fair trial.

By the way is the liquor stores closed down completely because of COvid ?
It is considered an essential store here in Ontario Canada, probably cause it is owned by the government. Health minister said, they dont want people having withdrawal.

I DO believe the neighbor's videos are the break they needed. We just haven't seen the one(s) that really broke the case open, imo.

I could be very wrong, because at this point, nothing would surprise me.

eta: maybe they just went along with her description of what he was wearing for some reason to lull her into a false sense of security. Perhaps they already knew at that time it was too late anyway?

Well yes - I think we've discussed that here hundreds of times. Yes, they lulled her into a false sense of security (I can think of lots of reasons for that).

None of us has much information about what LE was thinking at the time - and we won't. I think LE was hopeful but not optimistic for the first night after the phone call - but when AS arrived the next day and noted what had happened inside the house (perhaps he noticed a certain board that was missing - later found with blood on it, along with Gannon's sock - how do you explain that) I think LE knew Gannon was gone.

Blunt force object, knife AND gun? Why so many instruments? Was she torturing him by drawing out his death as long as she could? He was a small child, no way do I believe 90lbs and an average size female adult. He wasn’t a large man with superhuman strength. I don't think it would take a lot of effort, especially if she was in a rage, to kill him with the BFO. Then to stab him, at least once hard enough to leave forensic evidence (maybe on bone, maybe only on clothing). THEN still need to use a gun to finally kill him? It feels like there’s something big about this that we don’t know yet, just like much of the story.

here after, when I take a humorous aside, I will not use the poor innocent boy’s name, for obvious reasons...

Stauch

I have cases of wine here, cannot drink fast enough...during a California wine country
trip several years ago, hubby joined multiple
wine clubs, (members get free tastes,)he just can’t bring himself to unjoin, as they are reminders of a wonderful trip... I think We can get thru this quarantined/ spare... when will AA come out?

I think they knew she was lying. If not from the get-go, then very shortly thereafter. The last person to see a missing person is always under suspicion so no, I don't believe they put out the alert on what he was wearing based solely on her description. I don't think you're giving LE enough credit.

ETA: You're assuming LS is smarter than LE, and she's not.
The day he was falsely reported to have run away, LE only had LS as a source and in fact some say she made the posters. Since she didn’t want him found and knew he hadn’t run away nor would there be witnesses who saw him “run away” she could describe any clothing she chose to describe. No one thinks she is smart IMO

Lol, I was reading this as alcohol anonymous. I am hoping now that he has been found it will be released. Unless they they think. it will hinder her right to a fair trial.

By the way is the liquor stores closed down completely because of COvid ?
It is considered an essential store here in Ontario Canada, probably cause it is owned by the government. Health minister said, they dont want people having withdrawal.

Lol. I actually thought of that as I typed "AA".:p

I know many cities near the one I live in are keeping their liquor stores open. Apparently it's a city decision. I got lucky. Yes, because of covid 19.

But the description of what Gannon was wearing was given to LE by LS, when she reported him missing that first night. The incriminating video from neighbor RD had not yet been seen. It was several days later.

LE, news, etc. publicized the original "blue jeans, blue hoodie" as what he was wearing BEFORE they knew better. I haven't seen anything, since RD's video came out, saying what he was last wearing one way or another.

ETA: But my guess is if we can figure out she was lying about that, so can LE.

It honestly never made sense. She left with him because the girls weren’t there to witness him leaving. By the time she came back, they were due back shortly.

yep it’s not just whether you believed the shadow or not. Every single bit of evidence and information always pointed to him Not returning home! You had to literally ignore evidence to believe he returned. It was never a viable theory

Last edited:
Apologies in advance...

In my head, I'm seeing DA and DDA present at the home when AS calls t and confronts about the pool of blood. I've seen enough cases where there is a stain left on the carpet, but when the carpet is pulled up the pad reveals a much larger (area) of stain. With Gannon's room being in the basement, I'm assuming it was concrete under the pad. Maybe he lost enough blood to be incompatible with life (without immediate medical attention) and that's why the initially announced that they didn't think he was alive. Maybe when he went to the car he was woozy from blood loss.

Ugh, poor sweet boy. I want to see t get whatever she has coming to her.

BBM
Maybe. I do think it's likely GS lost significant blood in the house (although we've only heard about a "saucer-sized" stain.) But I don't think it's possible they found a stain large enough to indicate a loss so large as to be "incompatible with life."

While it appears GS was likely impaired walking to the truck on Mon, if a loss that large had happened, I doubt he could have walked at all, especially if it happened Sunday night as people seem to think. People have also mentioned internal bleeding and that's possible but internal bleeding wouldn't leave alot of blood in the house.
JMO

It does look like there may be a hearing scheduled on the matter on April 14. Unfortunately, it’s likely we will in fact have to wait until then.

It’s a good thing I didn’t make a bet.

*Edited to correct a mistake caused by Teciatus.*

Now i worry about your memory in addition of you talking in third person today @MassGuy... You did make a bet in front of trillions of us Websleuths members.... ;)

@GordianKnot.... Can't wait....:D

Wow! That’s tough. Our wonderful Premier of Ontario announced our LCBO’s would remain open! Too bad they won’t let you come over and get some :p I’m using it as my first line of defense :D

Just kidding really. Just thought a little humour to break up the horror is good for our psyche once in a while.

But the description of what Gannon was wearing was given to LE by LS, when she reported him missing that first night. The incriminating video from neighbor RD had not yet been seen. It was several days later.

LE, news, etc. publicized the original "blue jeans, blue hoodie" as what he was wearing BEFORE they knew better. I haven't seen anything, since RD's video came out, saying what he was last wearing one way or another.

ETA: But my guess is if we can figure out she was lying about that, so can LE.

ahh. I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me. And LE stayed tight lipped on that for reasons.

This! And I'm positive that we will find that LE were able to discern certain things very early on to let them know something horrific had happened to poor little Gannon. Just because they didn't find his body right away and it did take some time to put all the pieces of the complex puzzle together doesn't necessarily mean that it could have happened sooner. I'm sure they were able to remove any chance of a run away/abduction by basic investigation. There were signs of trauma in the house, she kept him home from school, they went on a road trip,she tried to pre explain things that they may find (blood evidence etc) there was zero evidence of him leaving the house at the time that LS claimed he did. LS story was likely ever changing. Like you stated, He was already dead before the last person to see him alive even contacted them. They knew! But then they had to prove it with hard irrefutable evidence, that part takes time. This was never really a missing endangered child case, It was a murder investigation. Whether LE admitted that to the media is irrelevant IMO

Didn't TS/whomever did the Wanted poster, helpfully fill in that Gannon did not take any money, a bank, or credit card with him?

I'm thinking this helped tip LE off early that they weren't in fact dealing with a runaway.

BBM
Maybe. I do think it's likely GS lost significant blood in the house (although we've only heard about a "saucer-sized" stain.) But I don't think it's possible they found a stain large enough to indicate a loss so large as to be "incompatible with life."

While it appears GS was likely impaired walking to the truck on Mon, if a loss that large had happened, I doubt he could have walked at all, especially if it happened Sunday night as people seem to think. People have also mentioned internal bleeding and that's possible but internal bleeding wouldn't leave alot of blood in the house.
JMO
I think you are spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members