Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you mass testing at all in California?

No. We still don't have a lot of tests. We're sending most of them to the SF Bay area, which is hardest hit. It looks like the "stay at home" policy is working to flatten the curve. People are starting to creep back out though, for recreational opportunities. All theaters, carwashes, retail stores are closed in most counties (there are non-compliant areas).

To get tested, a person really needs to be sick. Then they work back from there and ask everyone who has come into contact with that person for the past couple of weeks to self-quarantine if they are not, already.

We're doing a lot of preparation before our rates go up. The staying at home has really slowed it. We've tested about 25,000.

(LA County)
News of Lancaster teen’s coronavirus death sends shudder through region – Daily News
Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris said the individual was a 17-year-old boy and confirmed he was in otherwise good health. The boy was sick for five days before he died, Parris said. ....

LA County public health officials, after making the announcement during their daily mid-day briefing, pushed out a terse follow-up statement in the afternoon, adding that the person’s death could have another explanation and was still under investigation.

“Though early tests indicated a positive result for COVID-19, the case is complex and there may be an alternate explanation for this fatality,” the health department wrote.

Parris said he found the county’s statement “nonsensical,” telling Southern California News Group the boy died at Antelope Valley Hospital of septic shock, a severe medical condition that occurs when the body has an overwhelming response to an infection.

The teen’s father, who drives for Uber, contracted the virus, Parris said. According to the Global Sepsis Alliance, COVID-19 can cause sepsis.

“Everyone should be truly horrified. We were told and we believed that this would not kill children and we learned today that is wrong,” Parris said. “How could this get any more horrible than it already is? That’s how.”

Still considered a really insignificant source of transmission. Be more concerned about conversations in the workplace or going into a room where people have congregated. The virus uses water as its medium until it hits your lungs or nose - mail is not a big concern. Damp cardboard, yes.

And, for some reason, it likes hard rather than porous surfaces. The virus lives about 3 hours sneezed out onto your mail, about 1 day on a credit card reader. Maybe longer on the credit card reader or gas pump handle or your grocery store bags that you took to the store and are reusing.
Any possible source is significant to me. I have no need to go anywhere that people congregate. Our mayor quickly closed down restaurants, bars, and non essential businesses. Obviously, not everyone here has been tested but a reasonable % of people have. I expect we'll have positive results at some point but as of now---no cases in our city or county. People here are taking this seriously. We're staying home.

(I'm just browsing the net....random stuff that catches my eye....)

Here’s everything lobbyists wanted in the coronavirus stimulus package

"A wide range of sectors are hurting and asking for help from the U.S. government, as Americans cut back on traveling, shopping, dining out and other activities due to the coronavirus causing the COVID-19 pandemic."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member