Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if college students are included in the 1200 check. I am self employed and claim her as a dependent. She did not earn enough through her part time job to file. She is still at school in an off campus apartment with three other roommates. They are doing online classes. I don't see how the students can survive long. TIA
jmo

Can anyone tell me if college students are included in the 1200 check. I am self employed and claim her as a dependent. She did not earn enough through her part time job to file. She is still at school in an off campus apartment with three other roommates. They are doing online classes. I don't see how the students can survive long. TIA
jmo
WO, If you filed a tax return in 2018, you should receive a Stimulus payment for her as a dependent child, if I understand this thing correctly....Take care....moo

He possibly caught it from Prince Albert of Monaco who he met recently. Prince Albert of Monaco also has a mild form of the virus but we wont know for sure.

Her Majesty The Queen is in good health according to Buckingham Palace.

they said he was contagious on the 13th which means incubation is 5 days before so around the 8th does that match for him?

For those of you who can. Please shop tomorrow for food and pet food.
When Americans realize that their checks are going to be reduced without money from our government, there will be panic.
Promises of maybe money, is not going to stop panic.
Tomorrow.
Be smart.
Excellent reminder - good tips may be found here
Grocery Shopping Tips Amid Coronavirus Fears

I know two older couples who do not ( and do not have to) file IRS tax returns because their only income is their Social Security checks .I think there are lots of other Seniors in this position.....This Stimulus will give them no money because they filed no IRS tax return in 2018( Which would have been a waste of time by both them and the IRS. H&R Block recommended doing this non-filing to one of the couples back in 2011).....There are lots of people being left out of this Stimulus money....I hope they all make it.......moo

And well they should be left out. Anyone on social security who is still getting their checks isn't losing anying. I'm in that category and my financial life has NOT been affected in any way and neither has theirs if your post tells all the facts. Why should anyone in that position get money when they are losing nothing like so many others? MOO

And how do you chose between your rent, your car insurance, your healthcare premiums, your food, your utilities, or paying your credit cards?
Our county is holding off on evictions - and some utilities are vowing not to cut power and water - so food first then health insurance ? Credit cards just ruin your credit but I would try to make small payments toward each of my bills (including rent and utilities) if anything was left over
IMO

Same thing I was thinking. Are these China figures really realistic?

Population of China is 1.38 Billion and their reported cases are: 81,218.

Population of U.S. is 327.17 Million and our reported cases are: 55,200.

Is something wrong here?
It's really irrelevant....
Watch what they do, not what they say.
China shut down their country.
My niece was there. She came back to the US yesterday, bless her heart. She should of stayed there, instead of this mess.
She has been in quaratine for 64 days.

Why would a country with a billion people shut it down? . My guess, is that it was a very high death rate, as seen in Iran. They can hide their data, but it cant be hidden in western countries.

Same thing I was thinking. Are these China figures really realistic?

Population of China is 1.38 Billion and their reported cases are: 81,218.

Population of U.S. is 327.17 Million and our reported cases are: 55,200.

Is something wrong here?

Yes, something is wrong HERE. The US had many mini-Wuhans and aren't testing testing testing and tracing tracing tracing... and they aren't locking down as Wuhan did anywhere (e.g. shutting down trains and traffic).

As stated above, the US population would be anarchy as we don't have the expectation that freedoms could be taken from government.

Still, tracking and tracing and isolation was / has never been done to any significance, if at all, in the US.

MOO

Iran reported 2,206 new Coronavirus cases in last 24 hours raising the total number to 27,017, reports my colleague Akhtar Mohammad Makoii.

Spokesman for Iran’s health ministry also announced 143 deaths in the same period raising the total number of deaths to 2,077.

So far 9,625 patients have recovered.

Kiyanoosh Jahanpoor, Iranian health ministry spokesman said 68 % of the deaths are above 60 years old, 32 % are under 60.

Coronavirus live news: death toll in Spain overtakes China, and India locks down

Among Charles’ recent engagements was a Water Aid event on March 10, in which he sat opposite Prince Albert II of Monaco. Prince Albert became the first Royal Family member to test positive for coronavirus on March 19

close enough!...well silly him then has no one to blame but himself

he's an old war horse though he'll be fine

It's really irrelevant....
Watch what they do, not what they say.
China shut down their country.
My niece was there. She came back to the US yesterday, bless her heart. She should of stayed there, instead of this mess.
She has been in quaratine for 64 days.

Why would a country with a billion people shut it down? . My guess, is that it was a very high death rate, as seen in Iran. They can hide their data, but it cant be hidden in western countries.
They were building hospitals in a matter of days so yes I agree - I would multiply their death rate by 10 - I believe millions have died
JMO

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_221531.jpg
    IMG_20200324_221531.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 28
jmo
I wish someone would do a bullet point of the mechanics of this distribution - who gets it, criteria, method of delivery etc?
My guess is they will go by 2018 household tax returns and do checks based on that - I’ve been in a long term “fight” with the IRS for 5 years - every single return I’ve filed since 2011 has been “audited” and corrected sometimes more than once - they know me well so I’m waiting to see what happens - if you allowed a direct deposit of a refund they may use that information but I think they will do paper checks
JMO

Attachments

• ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_48_39_020.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_48_39_020.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 31
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_50_14_771.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_50_14_771.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_58_27_205.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_58_27_205.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 21
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_59_38_952.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_24_21_59_38_952.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 21
Coronavirus: 'Moron' who licked toilet bowl 'now in hospital with the bug'

The so-called 'coronavirus challenge' began after a TikTok influencer shared a clip of herself licking an plane toilet seat as someone says "it's corona time"

'Moron' who licked toilet bowl in corona challenge 'in hospital with the bug'

I truly, truly hope that if a choice has to be made between putting this moron on a ventilator or giving that ventilator to a frail senior...well, I know which person I’d want to help.
What an utter waste of a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member