Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is not allowed but I just needed to reach out. I have been granted the opportunity to work from home. This is truly a prayer that has been answered. My boyfriend has been living with me for about 3 years now. He does not want to stay quarantined. Last week I pleaded with him not to go to a friend's house to hangout. Well he did. I have a weakened immune system since I have had many times gotten very sick with bronchitis. Asking for prayers that he will listen to me. He left today again to run an errand. It has been over 6 hours. I know he is out drinking. Again sorry if this is not allowed. I just needed to tell someone.

Going to be one loooong summer. I just hope folks don't let their guard down and have this hit ten fold.

Alberta said that transmission might be slower in the Summer, but prepare for a second wave in September. Universities are online until September - at least.

It will be hard for Canadians who are used to staying in when it's freezing, and making the best of the warm months. This time, warm months means national parks are closed, physical distancing, everything closed - including outdoor pools, trails, biking, hiking, camping and other normal life. People almost need a time of day corresponding with last name to enjoy an hour of outdoor life.

I'm not buying that China has it under control. First they hid the epidemic, and now they want to be the first to conquer it. It's all show, IMHO.

Canada is saying 18-24 months for a vaccine.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions! I am at my parents so will have to see what I can find here or on Amazon.
Not going out!

We got an delivery today via UPS and when I opened the front door, the driver was walking down the driveway. He saw me and yelled “Don’t touch that! Spray it and leave it for two days”!
Okay!
Hey I got the same similar response from UPS and Fedex twice this week. Told me to leave it on porch for a few hours then spray with disinfectant. Then drag the boxes into the house. Heck. Had me lookin for a haz mat suit.

Last edited:
Online poll: Fauci, Cuomo most trusted leaders on coronavirus
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci are the two most trusted Americans when it comes to information about the coronavirus outbreak, according to an online poll.

The Business Insider poll conducted this week found that Fauci and Cuomo scored first and second, respectively, on a list of U.S. leaders among adults who were asked to rate each figure on a scale of one to five, with five being total trust in the person's words.

Fauci scored a 3.84 out of five, according to Business Insider, with 40 percent of respondents rating him a perfect five. That percentage was twice as high for Fauci as it was for Cuomo, the second-most trusted U.S. figure. More than 86 percent of U.S. respondents rated Fauci a three or higher.

Cuomo scored an average 3.29 out of five for trustworthiness, with at least 75 percent of Americans rating him a three or higher and more than a fifth (22 percent) rating him a five out of five.

[...]
It's a 5 1/2! And a 5 1/2! from me.

Sorry if this is not allowed but I just needed to reach out. I have been granted the opportunity to work from home. This is truly a prayer that has been answered. My boyfriend has been living with me for about 3 years now. He does not want to stay quarantined. Last week I pleaded with him not to go to a friend's house to hangout. Well he did. I have a weakened immune system since I have had many times gotten very sick with bronchitis. Asking for prayers that he will listen to me. He left today again to run an errand. It has been over 6 hours. I know he is out drinking. Again sorry if this is not allowed. I just needed to tell someone.
Does he have a sleeping bag? I'd roll it out to the front stoop and deadlock the front door. ;)

Not trying to be funny. I am being serious. He needs a wake up call. He can get himself sick, that's up to him. But he is bringing danger to your doorstep now too. :mad:

I have been washing my hands constantly, perhaps it’s the soap - but now I have very dry patches on my knuckles and cracks starting. I’m hoping my mom has some cotton gloves somewhere in the house.
Anyone got any suggestions?

One of our nurses recommended this several threads ago. Available on Amazon.

Medline Remedy Unscented Olivamine Skin Repair Cream, 4 Fluid Ounce

Price: $5.33 ($1.33 / Fl Oz)

Porch pirates won’t care, lol.
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions! I am at my parents so will have to see what I can find here or on Amazon.
Not going out!

We got an delivery today via UPS and when I opened the front door, the driver was walking down the driveway. He saw me and yelled “Don’t touch that! Spray it and leave it for two days”!
Okay!

Thin white cotton tight fitting gloves can be bought at Western Wear and some Feed Stores. Team Ropers use them.....moo
A couple months ago I bought white cotton gloves @ Amazon, cheap, I think there is 10 in a pack. I use them to clean the crystals on some chandeliers. But I suppose you could also try to wear them after putting on hand cream, Vaseline. My husband gets the worst red, irritated dry hands. I highly recommend the Aveeno Eczema Therapy line.

I'm sorry this is happening. You need to protect yourself.

Yes there is a raise for Congress and likely the Senate members in the
Stimulus bill. The President was asked about it during the evening press conference on the virus, and why he was ok with it. He said he wasn’t but that deals had to be made. I’m paraphrasing of course. He said both sides had to give.

Shameless. It’s the people who are hurting.

Not the Congress or the Senate. I haven’t seen them work for the people or deserve a raise in a very long time. MOO.

***HUGS***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member