Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp, I guess that I am my husband's new "nail tech". He usually goes to the VA.

I am gonna need some more supplies, like a dremel, better nail clippers, a heavy duty file.

Today went okay, just a bit of blood, he couldn't feel it anyway. His nails are so thick. Great.

Next week, I guess I am going to trim his hair and beard.

#stuffIneverthoughtiwoulddoever

So a little vent here.. I am considered essential personnel and have been going to work since this started. My parents in their 70's have been socially distancing - self quarantining for 13 days now. I have done their grocery shopping for them, dropping it in their garage, ringing the door bell and waving hello through the window. I speak to them every day, but I MISS them.. I normally spend several hours with them regularly during the week and this is just terrible. I'm happy they haven't been exposed to anyone, and don't want to go around them since I am in the office, surrounded by other employees, but I"m just so sad about not seeing them. OK VENT OVER LOL!

If anyone needs to take a deep breath and get out of their head for a few minutes, here's my prescription:

ETA: It's video surveillance of a "log" across a stream in Pennsylvania. Talk about diversity in wildlife! And, the sound of running water is a sound I like.
Thank you, I really enjoyed this video. I watched the entire video. Give me more.

We are under a stay at home order. I’ve isolated for two weeks with the exception of voting (only one other person in line). But we will have to go to the vet today to put one of our cats down. Will wear a mask and try not to cry until I get home.
Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby. Cyber hugs

"This is perhaps the greatest opportunity in decades to teach children about life's delicate balance between looking out for ourselves and doing what we want, and looking out for others and doing what is best for the country," says Mike Erwin, the co-founder and chairman of The Positivity Project - Empowering Students to Build Positive Relationships, which partners with educators to help them empower young people through positive relationships.

Yesterday, my kids and I drew rainbows and taped them to the road-facing windows of our house — part of an initiative shared on a local Facebook page set up to share resources, support, and tips during our nationwide lockdown. It turns out that it's not just a local thing — kids all over the world are doing it, too. "You can create a neighborhood treasure hunt in your windows," says Justine Bruyère, a lecturer on the reading education program in the department of teaching and learning at Vanderbilt University's Peabody College. "Setting a theme can help: alphabet day, farm animals day, colors day, and so on. Create a master 'treasure hunt' style list of the images on the street, then take your kids for a walk and look for all the items on the list."

This one checks more than one box. Brightly-colored images in windows put smiles on the faces of passersby, and crafting is also a good way to keep kids busy and creative during long stretches of time at home.

Marcy Singer-Gabella, a professor in the department of teaching and learning at Vanderbilt University's Peabody College, suggests following your kid's lead when it comes to taking actions that can have a positive effect on the world. "'Children can — and usually do — come up with great ideas all on their own," she says. "So be careful not to direct their thinking too much."

"Modeling is so important, as is making visceral to kids what it feels like to give as well as receive kindness," Singer-Gabella says. On that note, Bruyère suggests writing a "gratitude list" with your kids and displaying it in your home. This might include gratitude for doctors and nurses, food, people who keep you informed, and a neighborhood of people who care. By reminding your children of all the ways in which others are showing respect and love for them, they see the importance in paying it forward.

It's difficult to keep kids away from social media at the best of times, and with so much focus on the new coronavirus, there's the risk of overexposure to negative stories. "Every day, scan the news for the people who are going good," Bruyère says. From the grocery store owners in Scotland who are giving away free "COVID-19 kits" to the over-65s, to the artists putting on impromptu free concerts via social media, take the time to talk about these positive stories with your kids.

"By sharing the good we are seeing in the world, we give children the language of hope and possibility in a time that is filled with worry," Bruyère says.
How parents can use coronavirus to teach kids about compassion

Parenting in the time of COVID-19
To help parents interact constructively with their children during this time of confinement, these six one-page tips for parents cover planning one-on-one time, staying positive, creating a daily routine, avoiding bad behaviour, managing stress, and talking about COVID-19. Use them to your and your kids’ advantage, and have fun in doing so.”

english-tip-1-covid-19-parenting.tmb-479v.jpg

english-tip-2-covid-19-parenting.tmb-479v.jpg

english-tip-3-covid-19-parenting.tmb-479v.jpg

english-tip-4-covid-19-parenting.tmb-1920v.jpg

english-tip-5-covid-19-parenting.tmb-479v.jpg

Image 6:
https://www.who.int/images/default-...d-19-parenting.tmb-479v.jpg?sfvrsn=28a081b9_4

Healthy parenting

Whelp, I guess that I am my husband's new "nail tech". He usually goes to the VA.

I am gonna need some more supplies, like a dremel, better nail clippers, a heavy duty file.

Today went okay, just a bit of blood, he couldn't feel it anyway. His nails are so thick. Great.

Next week, I guess I am going to trim his hair and beard.

#stuffIneverthoughtiwoulddoever
Oh my Mickey. You are funny a funny girl. Jack Queen of all trades huh? I’m so happy you have each other. Be safe.
Amy Schumer Gives Husband Chris a Haircut and His Reaction Is Gold

Sunday afternoon, try Choir! Choir! Choir!

2 guys started people singing together in Toronto a while back.

Now, anyone interested can join them in CyberSpace!

Sing With Us - Choir!Choir!Choir!

Please note: if you think you "can't sing," well, you can; besides we are socially distant & shut up at home so who are you going to bother???

Takes a little while to a response when you sign up.

See you Sunday!

ETA: English suffixes matter :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Please use this thread to help cheer each other up with ideas on how to help us keep our sanity while being in self-quarantine along with providing safety tips.

Thank you,
Tricia

Sunday afternoon, try Choir! Choir! Choir!

2 guys started people singing together in Toronto a while back.

Now, anyone interested can join them in CyberSpace!

Sing With Us - Choir!Choir!Choir!

Please note: if you think you "can't sing," well, you can; besides we are social distant & shut up at home so who are you going to bother???

Takes a little while to a response when you sign up.

See you Sunday!
Signed...on the dotted line. So much better than in the shower. See y'all there (fully clothed lol) My granddaughters and daughter will love this! Oh my gosh. How fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get