Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

Didnt two people die the other day from 'self medicating' with this drug after being diagnosed?? If not this drug a very similar one, same drug classification. Whichever article it was, said to never 'self medicate' using it.

Guess that's true of all drugs though....even with COVID19.
They literally drank fish tank cleaner because one of the ingredients was this drug.

The initial headlines were very misleading.

One died, the other got sick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/24/coronavirus-chloroquine-poisoning-death/

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck and best wishes to those taking the "game-changing" drug believing they will be healed. IMO, IMO....moo
They will need luck. Lots.

I shouldn't admit this, but. I actually know someone who bought $400.00 worth of "anybiotics" from the internet. I saw the bottles (about 10), boldly labeled -NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION/ Aquarium use only!

She is ready for this virus, she said.
I was sorry to burst her bubble, but I did try to set her straight.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. SMH.

Malaria Drug Chloroquine No Better Than Regular Coronavirus Care, Study Finds

Hydroxychloroquine, a medicine for malaria that President Donald Trump has touted as a treatment for coronavirus, was no more effective than conventional care, a small study found.

The report published by the Journal of Zhejiang University in China showed that patients who got the medicine didn’t fight off the new coronavirus more often than those who did not get the medicine.

The study involved just 30 patients. Of the 15 patients given the malaria drug, 13 tested negative for the coronavirus after a week of treatment. Of the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine, 14 tested negative for the virus.

Could be on to something:

Smokers At Higher Risk Of Severe COVID-19 During Coronavirus Outbreak

A leading expert has warned that smokers are likely at increased risk of more severe COVID-19, compared to non-smokers, suggesting that now would be a particularly good time to try and quit or cut down.

“There’s not very much data at this point on COVID-19 in smokers, but we do know from reports from China, smokers seem to be over-represented in groups of people who have severe or critical COVID-19,” said J. Taylor Hays, M.D. Director of the Nicotine Dependence center at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine.

Obesity is also a factor in some of the deaths. Possibly due to circulatory collapse or organ failure.

Also read that sepsis can occur from COVID19. It takes you very quickly as it spreads through the organs.

The viral pneumonia can also have a comorbidity of bacterial pneumonia, so its extremely dire for most of those patients.

They will need luck. Lots.

I shouldn't admit this, but. I actually know someone who bought $400.00 worth of "anybiotics" from the internet. I saw the bottles (about 10), boldly labeled -NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION/ Aquarium use only!

She is ready for this virus, she said.
I was sorry to burst her bubble, but I did try to set her straight.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. SMH.
Is that the same thing that killed the guy who took fish tank cleaner? She could end up dead just as him.

meanwhile, in Florida (not under a Stay-at-Home order):

In Naples, a city in southwest Florida where the median age is 66, a hospital abruptly stopped a drive-through testing site this week because they ran out of testing kits. The hospital system is limiting the number of tests performed at the site to 40 per day.
Patients at mobile coronavirus testing site in Naples express frustrations

Doctors in Winter Haven, a city in Central Florida where a quarter of the population is 65 or older, are waiting up to 10 days to get results on coronavirus tests.

And in South Miami, in a neighborhood surrounded by retirement homes, the president of a community hospital took out a $380,000 loan on his own house to secure the delivery of 1,000 test kits a week for the next few months.

Coronavirus tests in Florida are scarce. Could it be next epicenter?

Last edited:
Well, since patients with Lupus and other autoimmune diseases where chloroquinone are having their prescriptions cancelled while we're learning that certain people are stockpiling it, there's a shortage. Are we willing to take at-risk patient's medicine for trials right now?

That's unethical.

So is stockpiling medicine for your friends and family.
This is why Trump should not have publicly stated this. Now people it does work for can't get it. Lupus can attack the lungs, by the way. That's often how people with lupus die. So, lupus patients not having access to their treatment is more harmful than people realize.

I’m wondering if some of the more severe cases of CV could be related to smoking. I went through a phase a few years ago that I smoked cigarettes... only smoked a few in the evening, but still... had never smoked my whole life before that. I know, dumb, stupid, etc., etc.

That’s the only time I acquired a very, very bad case of bronchitis, to the point they did a chest X-ray because thought it might be pneumonia. I had never had bronchitis before in my life of almost 60 years. I stopped smoking after that. Haven’t had it since.

Just bringing all this up because I’ve been thinking about some variables that could factor in , especially in cases in younger age groups. Not just cigarette smoking, but smoking pot could possibly factor in as a variable as well, IMO.

Something else, perhaps to do with the level of exposure, as in how many virus cells they had contact with. Say for instance someone was around an infected person for several hours, versus someone around an infected person for only momentarily.

Or, say the route was via infected sputum versus touching a surface that had been touched by infected person... perhaps less virus cells in the latter? And would that affect of exposure determine at last to some degree the severity of illness and symptoms? It seems to me that it very well could, but just MOO.

What do you all think? Any feedback would be welcome. TIA

I'm a smoker so it scares me. I decided to quit but of course I'm too stressed to do that today. Here's the odd thing about me and spouse.

Me: I haven't had the flu in probably 27 years. I don't get the flu shot. Bronchitis 40 years ago. I've had a few notable sinus infections, which not one has ever cleared up on it's own. Doctors think I'm lying about the length of time I've smoked when they listen to my lungs. They're perfectly clear.

I won't respond to lectures, I know what I'm risking.

Spouse: never smoked. Retired mailman. Walked miles daily. Every year. He would get the flu, which went into bronchitis, then pneumonia. Like clockwork.

I'm just mystified. Jmo

I've wondered about vaping.

Is that the same thing that killed the guy who took fish tank cleaner? She could end up dead just as him.
I don't think it was the same drugs, but it is still insane to think fish antibiotics will cure Covid 19. Labels said Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Keflex. Generic.
I told her it was dangerous, and whatever she does don't give them to anybody else either. I think she believed me. I told her people died.

City of Sarasota prohibits social gatherings of 10 or more, gives police power to cite violators

You guys have heard of "party schools"?

Well, Sarasota has been nicknamed a "party city" by some locals.

So despite the fact that restaurants/banquet halls like Mattisons 41 are closed, bars are closed, nightclubs are closed, beaches are closed, there is still that atmosphere that will lead some people, I suspect, to do their gatherings "discreetly" in their homes.

That is, until LE sees a bunch of cars parked outside someone's home, or a neighbor complains to LE about the noise level in the house with the merrymakers next door.

On the positive side my husband and I are just not into that lifestyle. Yeah we're the oddballs in this city.

Time for bed.

If China's numbers are accurate, I'll eat my keyboard.

The Communist Chinese don't have a stellar record for being honest, in particular, when it comes to things that will make them look bad.

Anyway, if I ASSUME the Chinese numbers are accurate, then, as I've stated before, we in Western Nations BETTER get a hold of whatever it is they have, because they've fundamentally, abruptly, stopped this virus in it's tracks.

Unless what we are seeing is that the virus peaks, then fades away to near nothing, as part of it's natural cycle.

Here's a little glimpse of data I've compiled, data comes from the Johns Hopkins website.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

First column is the date, then the next column is total infected reported in China, the last column is total dead. If true, then in the entire world we will likely NEVER see a high death rate from this virus. If these numbers are accurate, then either China has a miracle cure, or the things they've put in place ARE the miracle cure, or the virus plateaus and becomes hugely less deadly. This is the epicenter we're talking about here, heavily populated areas in cities as dense as, if not more than, anywhere in the world. And they only have 3,291 deaths? Being literally weeks, if not months ahead of the rest of the world in terms of the progression of this thing? C'mon.

03/10/20 80756 3136
03/11/20 80967 3162
03/12/20 80932 3172
03/13/20 80932 3172
03/14/20 80973 3193
03/15/20 80995 3203
03/16/20 81020 3217
03/17/20 81053 3230
03/18/20 81102 3241
03/19/20 81154 3249
03/20/20 81250 3253
03/21/20 81303 3159
03/22/20 81394 3265
03/23/20 81454 3274
03/24/20 81588 3281
03/25/20 81661 3285
03/26/20 81782 3291

Look at that. A 16 day pandemic and boom, just like that, it was over. Jmo.

They literally drank fish tank cleaner because one of the ingredients was this drug.

The initial headlines were very misleading.

One died, the other got sick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/24/coronavirus-chloroquine-poisoning-death/

It’s worse than misleading. For the BBC it was an intentional lie.

The headline read that the drug killed the patient, while the write up revealed the Darwinian actions.

Here’s the link (ignore the newly edited link title), the actual news headline is -
Coronavirus: US man dies after taking drug he thought stopped virus

Man dies taking fish tank cleaner as virus remedy

Last edited:
Never would I pit one against the other. Some folks state the facts, the others.....not so much.
One person is a Doctor. The other isn't.

One person is charged with leading this country and instilling some sense of hope, while the other is a scientifically trained medical professional. Two different animals.

It will be very interesting to see what lies ahead for our country, after we resume normalcy. We will live amongst released, unmonitored inmates, persons likely still contracting/infected with Covid & a high number of hangry citizens. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back