NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #4

Terry was stationed at Kadena Air Force Base (Okinawa, Japan) for his deployment with the Navy during Vietnam. Kadena is now well-known for its use as a storage facility and dumpsite for PCB’s and dioxin— better known as Agent Orange. The mid-60’s veterans that returned from this base have won many court cases against the US government for their cancer diagnoses which have been linked to their exposure to agent orange at this base.

Terry’s experience disposing of PCB’s may also be evident from the Bear Brook podcast:

“Mark remembers he and Bob Evans loaded the giant transformer from the mill onto the truck. But then there was a problem. The transformer was full of PCBs, an industrial chemical that’s known to cause cancer. The scrap yard wouldn’t take the transformer with the PCBs inside. But Rasmussen knew there was a plug down at the bottom of the transformer that kept the PCBs inside from spilling out.”

Chemical exposure of this severity can alter dna base pairs irreversibly— often being passed down to children of those exposed. Idk if it’s useful but i found it interesting. It may serve as a marker in cases where vietnam vets or their children are subject to dna analysis with degraded dna samples.

Agent Orange and Okinawa: The story so far

Last edited:
Terry's son wrote on a message board (in 1998) that TPRs last known address of Casa Del Rey apartments was in 1978.

I've been wondering how the family could remember the exact place after that brief visit in 74 or 75 or whenever, but now I'm thinking TPR left his address so the kids could write to him, and in 1978 he stopped responding.
This would mean probably definitely he lived in Ingleside the whole period of ca 1974-1978.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe son was wrong about the year but I wish little tiny details like this could be made clearer.

Terry's son wrote on a message board (in 1998) that TPRs last known address of Casa Del Rey apartments was in 1978.

I've been wondering how the family could remember the exact place after that brief visit in 74 or 75 or whenever, but now I'm thinking TPR left his address so the kids could write to him, and in 1978 he stopped responding.
This would mean probably definitely he lived in Ingleside the whole period of ca 1974-1978.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe son was wrong about the year but I wish little tiny details like this could be made clearer.
Man! The guy spent twenty years looking for his dad only to find out that his dad was one of the most brutal serial killers in the history of the U.S. of A. Major bummer!

I wonder if the 20/20 show led to any good tips?

eta, adding link to lost family message board mentioned earlier. They don't show up on Google search. Put any search term in the search box (it says to enter family name.) I found a couple messages about missing mothers/children. I'm sure there are more.

Long Lost Family Bulletin Board - Your family.com

Last edited:
Maybe someone found this already. First and last post.
Haven't looked through other posts yet.

View attachment 255552

Make sure to "Check all categories" when searching.
Seeking Relatives

Yes, this has been found quite some time ago when his real identity was revealed. I have not seen 2nd post though - about Carla. Quite interesting. Are you able to see year when it was posted there?

Yes, this has been found quite some time ago when his real identity was revealed. I have not seen 2nd post though - about Carla. Quite interesting. Are you able to see year when it was posted there?
No, but the posts where you can work out when they were posted are from around 2002/2003.

Carla is probably unconnected. I was just surprised to see their families looking for TPR and Marie and Sarah so close together, and Rasmussen being mentioned in their message.

I’m just catching up with things since taking a break for a while. Just some thoughts to put down, no idea how they might help but it helps me get things clearer in my head when I write stuff down you know?

In the timeline, in early 1980, Rasmussen lists himself as having 2 children, a six month old and a two year old. The two year old would roughly fit age wise with Sarah but the six month doesn't fit with any of the children found.

My first thought....was Marlyse not found in the same barrel as her eldest child Marie? Could Rasmussen have killed Marlyse and Marie first, not long after arriving in NH. Perhaps he kept the youngest child, like with Denise Baudin’s daughter, and hooked up with another woman, the Elizabeth Evans mentioned? If he had a baby with her in late 1979 this could be the six month old he refers to? The middle child might have come back in to his life shortly after this. He may then have killed the middle child and Sarah, as they were found together. Where he went then with Elizabeth Evans and the six month old is anyone’s guess. They may have left him or more likely they were killed also not long after.

Another thought was perhaps the middle child was already deceased before he met Marlyse and her children. She may have been dead for a year or two before Sarah was placed with her. Their bodies were found years later so I’m not sure if a difference of a couple years in when they were killed would be obvious. Going by his track record with Denise Baudin’s daughter he seems to tire of kids when they get older and either abandon or kill them.

Just some ideas and obviously major speculation. Really hope the poor girl gets her name back soon.

I truly believe TPR paired up the A4 victims in the barrels in a way that would throw off suspicion and diminish the chances of them being recognized, should they be found.

I’m just catching up with things since taking a break for a while. Just some thoughts to put down, no idea how they might help but it helps me get things clearer in my head when I write stuff down you know?

In the timeline, in early 1980, Rasmussen lists himself as having 2 children, a six month old and a two year old. The two year old would roughly fit age wise with Sarah but the six month doesn't fit with any of the children found.

My first thought....was Marlyse not found in the same barrel as her eldest child Marie? Could Rasmussen have killed Marlyse and Marie first, not long after arriving in NH. Perhaps he kept the youngest child, like with Denise Baudin’s daughter, and hooked up with another woman, the Elizabeth Evans mentioned? If he had a baby with her in late 1979 this could be the six month old he refers to? The middle child might have come back in to his life shortly after this. He may then have killed the middle child and Sarah, as they were found together. Where he went then with Elizabeth Evans and the six month old is anyone’s guess. They may have left him or more likely they were killed also not long after.

Another thought was perhaps the middle child was already deceased before he met Marlyse and her children. She may have been dead for a year or two before Sarah was placed with her. Their bodies were found years later so I’m not sure if a difference of a couple years in when they were killed would be obvious. Going by his track record with Denise Baudin’s daughter he seems to tire of kids when they get older and either abandon or kill them.

Just some ideas and obviously major speculation. Really hope the poor girl gets her name back soon.
I think that the older girl was around 9/10 when she died and the most recent photo of her dates from what I believe was her seventh birthday in 1978. I think that Marlyse and Marie were alive until late 1980/ early 1981. Could it be possible that he lived with another woman at the same time as Marlyse?

I think that the older girl was around 9/10 when she died and the most recent photo of her dates from what I believe was her seventh birthday in 1978. I think that Marlyse and Marie were alive until late 1980/ early 1981. Could it be possible that he lived with another woman at the same time as Marlyse?

I think he might have had one woman in Texas and one in NH, and traveled between the two locations.

Terry Rasmussen lived out his last 7 or 8 years of life in High Desert State Prison in Susanville, CA. Coincidentally, a documentary, Prisontown USA, was filmed at this prison and aired in 2007. Terry wrote about his life while incarcerated, and those journals were given to authorities and some of that info has been released to help target areas he may have passed through. (Such as getting married in Roanoke, VA and recounting how “Donna Laporte” or “Denise Laporte” died in Texas.)

I’m sure law enforcement has interacted with High Desert corrections staff, but have they interviewed inmates Terry may have known? Or perhaps asked the corrections officers that worked on his block about him?

I also wonder if the filmmaker of the documentary may still have unused footage from their trip to the prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back