Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
why have all cruise ships not been grounded??

No one is letting them into port. And, I believe, nearly all of the passengers embarked after WHO declared a pandemic. So. There they are.

They can't get anywhere near ground! :)

California took in a couple early on (not a good situation - they ended up at Travis AFB, where many had CV and at least 2 died and apparently some healthcare worker in the area got it from them - etc.) The cases in my own county were likely spread by 2 cruise ship passengers who tested positive and were sent to a military base here.

I keep thinking about the one ship that has the 45 CV+ passengers and no one will let it near a port. What's to become of them? Will the crew mutiny??

My guess that so-called wonder drug for covid is most likely useless. The french study that claimed it worked had a very small number of patients and a whole lot of other issues.

"Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is about to be stopped by a stroke of a French “genius” with a history of publishing manipulated data. The charismatic Didier Raoult, director of the Research Unit in Infectious and Tropical Emergent Diseases (URMITE) in Marseille has found a cure: the humble chloroquine, cheap unpatented substance used to treat malaria and autoimmune diseases lupus and rheumatism. The substance so far failed in all antiviral therapies, but this didn’t prevent Raoult from deciding that chloroquine can cure corona virus infections, serious side effects notwithstanding. To prove that, Raoult treated 26 patients at his institution with the derivative hydroxychloroquine, alone and in combination with the antibiotic (meaning antibacterial!) drug azithromycine. The study was not randomised, ethically approved only after it already began, and it was not really controlled: the 16 control patients were treated in different clinics."
Chloroquine genius Didier Raoult to save the world from COVID-19
But what about all of the recent patients who claim it saved their lives? I have seen a dozen interviews with people, who seem credible.

I tend to believe them when they say it helped them survive. Why would they lie?

My guess that so-called wonder drug for covid is most likely useless. The french study that claimed it worked had a very small number of patients and a whole lot of other issues.

"Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is about to be stopped by a stroke of a French “genius” with a history of publishing manipulated data. The charismatic Didier Raoult, director of the Research Unit in Infectious and Tropical Emergent Diseases (URMITE) in Marseille has found a cure: the humble chloroquine, cheap unpatented substance used to treat malaria and autoimmune diseases lupus and rheumatism. The substance so far failed in all antiviral therapies, but this didn’t prevent Raoult from deciding that chloroquine can cure corona virus infections, serious side effects notwithstanding. To prove that, Raoult treated 26 patients at his institution with the derivative hydroxychloroquine, alone and in combination with the antibiotic (meaning antibacterial!) drug azithromycine. The study was not randomised, ethically approved only after it already began, and it was not really controlled: the 16 control patients were treated in different clinics."
Chloroquine genius Didier Raoult to save the world from COVID-19
I saw that too. Small study but I have no reason to doubt it.

Oh yikkkkeszzz......this reminds of when the medical workers went on Strike in Hong Kong bc Lam wouldnt shut the borders with the Mainland...omg

They absolutely need whatever protection they can get bc they are front lines right now NO DOUBT. I tipped my instacart drivers a LOT of money.

ETA @JerseyGirl since you we talked about HK and Lam so much.

I did order from Instacart on the 22nd and it arrived on the 25th........I put a mask, some gloves and a ten dollar bill in a ziplock baggie......she was sooooooooooo happy.

Kids are not the only ones who are potentially carrying/ spreading the virus. What about the adults? Are they somehow exempt from spreading the disease? Could the able bodied adults possibly stay home, and order their loaf of bread online, instead of going to the store?

Queensryche: "Spreading the disease"

Order bread online? <modsnip> Instacart shoppers are threatening to go on strike. You can't get a delivery date from Shipt. No one has said adults are exempt from spreading the disease.

Last edited by a moderator:
But what about all of the recent patients who claim it saved their lives? I have seen a dozen interviews with people, who seem credible.

I tend to believe them when they say it helped them survive. Why would they lie?
Sometimes it's coincidental and not cause and effect. Perhaps the people who were prescribed it would have recovered anyway. Also they may have ordered it when people were turning the corner into recovery.
They definitely need more studies.

Canada and Mexico (and everyone really) Beware of the states. Moo.

Do not come here. We will see back flow like you’ve never seen.

LOL margarita ... trust me, Canuckians are certainly not heading south to your great country right now. If anything, I think we will all move north to camp on the shores of the Beaufort Sea, LOL.

OT, but want to add ..

Went to my little corner store the other day and waited in the parking lot to make sure nobody else was in the store. When I entered, staff with gloves were busily using disinfectant to wipe the counter, hand sanitizer was on a table that was placed between the cash register counter to place distance between staff and customers. Staff did not touch my purchases at all and handed me a plastic bag for me to put my purchases in. I felt confident that every single hygienic measure was being put in place. Today I went to the same little store (so as not to be in crowds at the supermarkets), and as I arrived at the counter, a man came in, came right up behind me and within a split second the clerk, speaking loudly and with total authority, commanded him to move back 6 feet from me and stay behind the yellow line. I am impressed with the care and diligence the owners and staff are taking to protect both themselves and their customers.

Hang tight and rattle, moooogarita......We bad........LOL !....moo

Remember when you said CCR and Bad Moon Rising? Well I add BadMood Rising. Haha I mean bad mooood

Lol it’s good to get it out. 3 months of f
LOL margarita ... trust me, Canuckians are certainly not heading south to your great country right now. If anything, I think we will all move north to camp on the shores of the Beaufort Sea, LOL.

OT, but want to add ..

Went to my little corner store the other day and waited in the parking lot to make sure nobody else was in the store. When I entered, staff with gloves were busily using disinfectant to wipe the counter, hand sanitizer was on a table that was placed between the cash register counter to place distance between staff and customers. Staff did not touch my purchases at all and handed me a plastic bag for me to put my purchases in. I felt confident that every single hygienic measure was being put in place. Today I went to the same little store (so as not to be in crowds at the supermarkets), and as I arrived at the counter, a man came in, came right up behind me and within a split second the clerk, speaking loudly and with total authority, commanded him to move back 6 feet from me and stay behind the yellow line. I am impressed with the care and diligence the owners and staff are taking to protect both themselves and their customers.

ROTF!!!!!

I was just sayin!!!! Ahahahah

Hey Everyone,

Please join us tonight for our live Websleuths Youtube Live Stream.

Our chat room has turned into a place where people from all over the world gather to help each other get through the pandemic!!!!

We discuss the virus of course but all kinds of different things including the latest in true crime.

Join us as a great way to break up your day, meet new people and never have to worry about social distancing. ;)
CLICK HERE AND JOIN US LIVE TONIGHT AND EVERY NIGHT @ 10:00 PM EASTERN ON WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member