Identified! IL - Chicago, BlkFem UP65517, Several name tattoos, found in alley - Latrice Carter

Fuuro

spicy user
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just realized that I completely forgot to put the date in the thread title. She was found in January 2020.

---
Just a warning - the pictures on the NamUS profile are very graphic, although there aren't any of her face.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I stumbled upon this lady's NamUS profile today. I tried to find news articles online about her case, but found nothing, which is odd, considering she was found only a few months ago.

What I found interesting about her is that she has quite a few tattoos. Many of these tattoos appear to be of people's names, which could assist in identifying her. I know for sure that one tattoo is of the name "Cynthia", and another is of the name "Jonas" (both of these tattoos are on her hands). I also saw what might be "Toe" and "Trice" on one of her limbs. I also see what could be "Marius" somewhere on her body (I think it might be her thigh), but I can't be entirely sure, and "Marius" isn't a common name. There's also another tattoo of the words "DO NOT _(indecipherable)____" somewhere else on her body, as well as a few other tattoos that I can't really discern.

Personally, I'm thinking she could be "Trice", and "Cynthia" and "Jonas" could be her mother and father.

From what I can see, the tattoos are
-Cynthia
-Joe+Trice (with a heart)
-Jonas
-Marius? Marilla?
-I'm thinking that it's "Do Not Enter"
-A rose or other red flower

- Thank you all for the clarification about the "Tae Trice" tattoo. That makes much more sense than "Toe Trice".

- I think it's likely that "Trice" is short for Patrice or Latrice. Apparently, Trice is also a surname. "Tae" also seems like an abbreviation, perhaps for Octavia, although I'm less sure about that. Maybe the name "Octavia Patrice/Octavia Latrice" is somehow connected to this case. I also think that it's possible that "Tae" and "Trice" could also be two different people, and this lady could be one of them, or they could just be the names of her friends and/or family members. The fact that this woman has several different names tattooed on her suggests to me that somebody has to be out there wondering where she is.

- With respect to the "DO NOT ____" tattoo, I was thinking "DO NOT ENTER", as well, since that would make the most sense (at least in my opinion).

- The FB profile lead sounds interesting. I did find someone on Facebook by that name, but her hands are visible in her profile photo, and I can't see any tattoos. For what it's worth, she could have gotten them done after the picture was taken, or "Tae Trice" might be a loved one of the UID rather than the UID herself.
Edited to add: I also found a Pinterest profile of someone by the name of "Tae Trice". Almost all of their pins appear to be related to different tattoo designs, which might be pertinent, considering what we know about this UID.

Last edited:
Just found this today, so sad. Do you think Cynthia and Jonas could be her children’s names? How long was she in that alley in early January? Looks like she didn’t have a coat. I pray she gets identified fast omg so sad

Those pictures really are graphic and kind of disrespectful to the poor woman. They could have cropped them.

I think that this woman's skin tone was different in life from what we see in those photos. Based on the photos and the description of the condition of her remains, it looks to me like she had probably been dead for several days (at the very least) before her body was found, and there are obvious signs of decomposition.

I agree that the photos are kind of inappropriate (I would definitely not want to see someone that I knew in a such a state), but they are the only visual representations of the tattoos that we have at the moment. I hope that a forensic artist creates safe-for-work reconstructions of her tattoos one day, although given the very little attention this case seems to be getting, I don't know how likely that is, unfortunately.

Doe Network had connected this case to missing person Latrice Carter

I'm happy that Latrice has gotten her name back. I had a feeling that "Trice" was short for "Patrice" or "Latrice", but I was never sure if the "Tae Trice" tattoo referred to her real name.

I wonder what happened to her, but some of the sources covering Latrice's disappearance said that she had (mental?) health issues and that she may have been checked into a hospital as an unidentified patient following her disappearance in December 2019.

I wonder if she ended up on the streets. Naturally, being mid-December in Chicago, it was very cold and breezy outside, and with this, coupled with any possible underlying medical conditions that Latrice may have had, she might have not been able to make it for long.

I'm not sure if the temperatures factoring in wind (around 16 degrees fahrenheit at nighttime during the days and weeks following Latrice's disappearance with wind speeds sustained at around 15-20 miles per hour) were cold enough to be lethal, however. Either way, this is very sad.

I am the one who submitted Latrice as a match to Doe Network. I would love to know what happened to her. NAMUS never listed how she died. Her body was found a block from where she went missing so it's hard to believe the police didn't make the connection. She went missing in December of 2019, her body was found in January of 2020 but she wasn't reported missing until February of 2020, which is probably why the police didn't connect the dots.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back