Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read click bait stories from left-leaning media because they are a waste of time and unreliable. If the request from the insurance company was to provide additional proof from the doctor, then it should have been supplied by the doctor rather than complaining about it to the media.

JMO
People whistleblowing and describing their experiences during a crisis to the media is an important part of our freedom of the press and what helps keep us informed. Are nurses and doctors who complain about the lack of equipment and frightening consequences of such also clickbait? There are consequences to action and inaction during a crisis - thank goodness mainstream media is picking up the stories of what is happening on the ground. MOO

What? At least one of our members had trouble getting her latest refill. Nothing political about that.
Hi everyone. I just jumped in here and see this concern. I noticed I only have a few days left of my Kappra and Lyrica. I thought I had another bottle of Kappra cause I get a 90 day supply. I was wrong. I tore the cabinets apart looking for it. I sure do hope I don’t have a problem calling the doc on Monday cause I’m out of refills. Geez, I don’t know what I was thinking. I think I wasn’t thinking about thinking. It’s late. I’m tired. It’s been a long day. I’ll sleep. Wake up in the morning and do it all over again. Remember ~ Feelings are thoughts. Thoughts are words. Words are powerful. Ergo, feelings are powerful. Take care of yours

what are you referring to? it's easier to follow the conversation if you quote what you are replying to
I was replying to your post regarding the interview of the two married doctors who are choosing to live apart in the same house to spare their children from harm and with the hope they'd have at least one parent survive. I felt the man was teetering on the edge.

Just like China - whistleblowers are silenced.
He doesn't meet the definition of whistleblower because his employer wasn't doing anything wrong that needed a whistle blown. He was warned to knock off his social media whines and he refused to do so. His choice. I wish him luck finding another job.

JMO

It sounded like DIY call to anyone with a decent 3D printer to get onboard with manufacturing face shields, and there's a $200,000 prize for designing a better ventilator.

After sending 16 tons of equipment to China to help stop a pandemic, Canada is woefully undersupplied right now, and indications are that Canada cannot rely on neighbours to assist. Canada has to be innovative and to work as a team fast if they're going to make it through this. I have faith.

Well! My county in Texas has officially been put on lockdown starting tonight through April 12th. My city has had 5 confirmed cases, one male travel related who spread to another male (one has recovered and one is stable in hospital), one female who has recovered, and two related females confirmed as community spread. The two females were confirmed only yesterday.

Some insider news from my local Walmart, ha. The first open hour is for seniors only, but there are several hundred showing up. My friend says it is ridiculously crowded. They have no limit on how many can enter the store at one time.

She says the seniors try to distance themselves in line, but then the manager gets mad at the employees when he sees what appear to be ridiculously long lines and tries to move everyone up.

She also says they have no limit on what the seniors can buy, so by the time the store opens for everyone else stuff like toilet paper is already gone.

I live on a peninsula in a small community and so far we haven’t had any confirmed cases, but the Walmart nonsense does worry me. We lean towards an older retirement type demographic.

Never heard of this news media, propublical.
That is worrisome to me. There's enough fake news flying around.
Please everyone, let's check our sources.
Before posting what could be a rumor. Tia

Patients with LUPUS can not get their meds from pharmacies.

"Pharmacies across the country have run out of the medication used by millions of lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients, a drug many of them have taken daily for years."
https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article241514761.html
"not having them is life threatening to people with lupus and RA."
Aralen, Plaquenil Shortages from COVID-19 Threaten Lupus, RA Patients Lives - MedicineNet Health News

Much sought after Lupus meds put on restricted list
Jenny Prince is CEO of the N.C. L"upus Foundation said there are an estimated 53,000 people in the state who have lupus. She told Stoogenke about one in the eastern part of the state already had trouble finding the medicine.

"(She) couldn’t find it within an hour radius at different pharmacies and her father was able to find it in the Greensboro area and mail to her.”

Need more?

Moo

Last edited:
It sounded like DIY call to anyone with a decent 3D printer to get onboard with manufacturing face shields, and there's a $200,000 prize for designing a better ventilator.

After sending 16 tons of equipment to China to help stop a pandemic, Canada is woefully undersupplied right now, and indications are that Canada cannot rely on neighbours to assist. Canada has to be innovative and to work as a team fast if they're going to make it through this. I have faith.
I think the PPE shortage is being addressed and there will be more than ample supplies.

Many countries sent supplies and MONEY to China, including the U.S. Whether China will reciprocate is the question. Truthful information and data from China would be a nice start.

JMO

I know, friend, this is devastating to our small town. It’s devastating for everywhere.

My DH is doing the shopping since I have underlying health issues but we’re trying to keep them down as much as possible. Do you need anything @Lilibet? He’s going out tomorrow. I’m still working and can drop off supplies or food if you need it and would be happy to.

OT—What a sweet and kind offer @kodi! My DH is doing the shopping too...perishables and “comfort food” :D mostly at Safeway and a little bit of Co-op once in awhile, so we are fine. But thank you SO much! I posted a few minutes ago about his visit to Safeway today. I’m glad your DH is able to keep you safe from stores. I think the stores are really trying hard, for our sake and theirs. But I’m glad I can steer clear. Today starts my third week at home. I’m home a lot anyway, so I don’t mind too much. Stay safe! :)

oh yeah I thought it already was to be frank

Frightening for Canada. Thankfully the borders were closed before it really exploded. Hopefully Canada can contain the infections from the USA. Mexico should act faster as well. I read upthread that screening is done at the Mexico/USA border.

It's similar to what happened in Northern Italy. When people who lived there realized what was going on around them, they fled South and to other parts of Europe - transmitting the virus to those locations. That resulted in Italy being the epicentre for Europe. The Americas are trying to protect themselves from the USA epicentre.

Do they make them with an extension hose to put out the car window?

LOL. You have to be standing up to use it, so I'm not sure how well it would work while in your car. Maybe if you have a van with very tinted windows you could climb in the back and go in a large cup? :oops:
But I wouldn't do that unless absolutely no other option.
The HWYs where I live have trees and bushes... :D

MOO.

Great news. Our little restaurant was SO busy with take outs tonight.
Customers with masks and gloves on.
God bless them for supporting us.
We are in a small town in So. California, on lockdown.
All, orders, to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member