Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a list published earlier this month, China’s National Health Commission recommended a number of treatments for the symptoms of the virus, including both traditional Chinese and Western remedies.

China promotes bear bile as coronavirus cure

The treatment is an injection called Tan Re Qing (TRQ), which is a traditional Chinese medicine formula. In addition to bear bile powder, the injection uses goat horn and dried fruit.

Most construction work will stop unless essential to pandemic, Harris says

(Ireland)

CONSTRUCTION WORK THAT is not essential to the Covid-19 pandemic will end until 12 April under new government measures, Minister for Health Simon Harris has said.

Speaking on Newstalk Breakfast with Susan Keogh, Harris confirmed that construction is not considered an essential service under new government guidelines.

A full list of essential non-retail services is due to be published by the government today. A list of essential retail outlets was already released by the government.

“No they’re not [essential] unless they are building something that is essential to this pandemic,” Harris said.

“For example modular units, adapting a hotel – things that we need to do to actually get through this pandemic.”

NJ

The coronavirus outbreak has hit the home of Jon Bon Jovi.

The rocker's son, 17-year-old Jake Bongiovi, showed “mild” symptoms of COVID-19 and now the family is “sequestered and under quarantine” in their Middletown home, Jon Bon Jovi said.

Jake has since recovered. No other members of the family, including Jon Bon Jovi, are showing symptoms, Jon Bon Jovi told “Extra” on Friday, March 27.

“It hit our home,” Bon Jovi said. “Jake, our son, he had a mild case that was intestinal. He is recovered now and the rest of us are all healthy. He had an intense fever, but not bronchial stuff.”

“It stemmed from some of the young guys that we had taken in here that also tested, they were tested and tested positive and had the main symptoms but they had left, and so we just followed those same protocols,” Bon Jovi said.

“Dorothea created the quarantine zone, you know, with the laundry room being triaged and no one could go in there unless they had gloves and a mask and she had a bathrobe on backwards and different slippers,” Bon Jovi said. “But we kept him in there until all of the symptoms had cleared and now he's a hundred percent.”

Bon Jovi keyboardist David Bryan and his wife Lexi Quaas of Colts Neck have tested positive for COVID-19

Coronavirus in NJ: Bon Jovi son had symptoms, family self-quarantined in Middletown

Bon Jovi dances Hampton Water 'Quarantine Choreography' to Doja Cat on TikTok

Last edited:
Rhode Island hunting down New Yorkers seeking coronavirus refuge

This is interesting. And makes me wonder what "emergency measures" to bypass the Constitution were placed in the recently passed trillion dollar package deal.

It may very well be a "Wolf in sheep's clothes".

There's a possibility to that, but when is a "bill/package" passed without something hidden in the small print thrown in? I think that ought to be illegal. Let all of our legislation be clean, dealing with the problem at hand, not sneaky and underhanded,.

There's a possibility to that, but when is a "bill/package" passed without something hidden in the small print thrown in? I think that ought to be illegal. Let all of our legislation be clean, dealing with the problem at hand, not sneaky and underhanded,.

Things would go even slower in a lot of cases. That's how they get enough votes. There are reps and senators who want things for their own people so badly. Hopefully not in a crisis.

AFAIK, no national security measures or suspension of the constitution in the CV aid bill.

Three insights from George Gao, head of the China CDC, about how 2 mount strongest response.
1. Everyone wear masks to prevent transmission from people who don't know they're infected.
2. Isolate infected away from family.
3. Use thermometers widely. Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a ‘big mistake,’ top Chinese scientist says Jon Cohen on Twitter
Jon Cohen on Twitter
I agree. I think because we were so low on masks that hospitals were afraid that workers wouldn't have enough PPE. CV can be spread from being aerosolized and droplets. The aerosol lingers for up to 3 hours IIRC. Talking will disperse droplets, but if you've ever worn a mask you'll find that it gets pretty damp after a bit from the water vapor that we lose. We were always taught to change masks when they became damp because they were no longer protective when wet. That is where I believe that the aerosolized particles come into play.

LOUISIANA

Saturday 3/28

Cases Reported*

Deaths Reported

Reported COVID-19 Patients in Hospitals

of those on ventilators

56 of 64 parishes

Friday 3/27

Total number of people in Louisiana testing positive for coronavirus

Deaths Reported

Reported COVID-19 Patients in Hospitals

of those on ventilators

54 of 64 parishes

Thursday (3/26)

Total number of deaths

53 of 64 parishes have cases

Wednesday (3/25)

Total number of deaths

48 of 64 parishes with cases

Tuesday (3/24)

Total number of deaths

43 of 64 parishes of Louisiana have cases

May I ask if you were notified by the health department doing contact tracing (GOOD if so for your area) MOO

Godspeed for you and yours
Thank You. Yes I was actually in the Office and workmate took the call. She looked at me panicked and handed me the phone as she said I cant talk and she quickly left the room. I was in shock too when we got word. I went thru with our health unit all staff and phone numbers. They were going to follow up with managers as to who we have seen in home and in their community settings. We were told to go home immediately. I was not home 10 minutes when health unit called. Went thru a questionnaire with me. Managers called offering to drop groceries or anything we needed. They have all been awesome. God Bless my MIL who is 83. She just called and thinks this will be over in a few weeks. Sigh.....we are backlogged here in Ont. so numbers are far more than reflected. I know of folks who have been tested and still waiting.

Things would go even slower in a lot of cases. That's how they get enough votes. There are reps and senators who want things for their own people so badly. Hopefully not in a crisis.

AFAIK, no national security measures or suspension of the constitution in the CV aid bill.

Right, nothing "blatant". I would be interested in actually looking at this document, it is about 1400 pages? A lot of sneaky pork belly projects were probably slipped in, and it wouldn't surprise me what else is in this document.

Cuomo presser (live) Some points.

"This is a marathon...not a sprint."

Apex Prep Plan - be on offense not defense, have what you need ahead of the time of need. Stockpile today for possible apex.

Number admitted to ICU and hospital admissions down - one possible positive. **First time I heard Cuomo say "IF" the apex occurs instead of "WHEN."

Hospitals will shift to others in different areas of state to relieve load.
New field hospitals - one for each borough of NYC including "outer boroughs" (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island) so each borough treated the same.

**Why would he exaggerate the need for so many ventilators? Cost per ventilator is now $45,000 (up from $25,000 due to bidding wars).
NY is already in the red fiscally due to no revenue collecting and spending on so much.

So, reading back in the last thread and others, I am really sympathizing and empathizing with those who have been taking certain prescription medications for RA, Lupus, Arthritis, and now suddenly can’t get their medications because it’s being used in CV trials and treatments.

I would be very concerned about this if I had lupus, etc...just saying. Imagine having to deal with that right now on top of everything else. What happens if these patients suddenly stop taking their medicines?

It seems there are some measures in place to help protect the supply for these Lupus, RA patients, etc., thankfully. I hope these plans work.

Here’s another thing...remember early on I said everyone get your vital prescription refills, etc.? Well that was because we were learning about the pharmaceutical supply dependence on China... not to mention preparing in case there is lock down, etc..but wow I never anticipated one cause of shortage would be because it’s suddenly used for CV!!

Last edited:
Yeah no comment because I will get banned.

Let’s just say the fact that 800,000 doctors have to write this letter in the first place is mind blowing moo.

When did 800,000 doctors find the time to agree on this with this pandemic raging across the world?
I can believe that and it is probably just not New York. Philly, Boston…...

It happened during the 13th century plagues. Sometimes people want to enjoy themselves before they die, they just don't care, they need that short time of fun, rightly or wrongly.

I've always felt sorry for my children, told them to go on vacation, enjoy, because the world has become so uncertain.

NY

<snip> President Donald Trump is considering a 14-day quarantine for New York State, and possibly New Jersey and Connecticut as well, as the number of COVID-19 cases in the tri-state continues to grow, he said Saturday.

At a news conference Saturday afternoon, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the number of positive cases in New York State now stands at 52,318, including 29,766 in New York City. A total of 728 people in the state have died, Cuomo said.

Trump Considering 14-Day Quarantine for NY and Possibly NJ, CT; Cuomo Postpones NY Presidential Primary

The point is there are 10,000 pending tests in Ontario with possible community transmission. Sounds like not many Canadians are happy about this, as they should not be.

That number has gone down to 8690 as of this morning and it’s easy to pick on Ontario because they are actually reporting that number, which BC is not. Obviously they too have tests that have not yet been confirmed. MOO

Lexington Health Dept. stops contact tracing as COVID-19 cases balloon. What that means.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241467326.html#storylink=cpy

everyone, please read this, it offers info some of you may not be aware of regarding positive persons & what is required of them. Moo
from link:

Violation of the daily check-in triggers the health department’s “right to enter the premises and verify the foregoing symptomatic information,” according to both forms.

One is considered in the clear if no symptoms flare up within 14 days, or once an infected person stops running a fever and showing symptoms for 72 hours, Humbaugh said.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241467326.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle