Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three insights from George Gao, head of the China CDC, about how 2 mount strongest response.
1. Everyone wear masks to prevent transmission from people who don't know they're infected.
2. Isolate infected away from family.
3. Use thermometers widely. Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a ‘big mistake,’ top Chinese scientist says Jon Cohen on Twitter
Jon Cohen on Twitter

Read this earlier, below his answer is empty words.

Q: There are many questions about the origin of the outbreak in China. Chinese researchers have reported that the earliest case dates back to 1 December 2019. What do you think of the report in the South China Morning Post that says data from the Chinese government show there were cases in November 2019, with the first one on 17 November?

A: There is no solid evidence to say we already had clusters in November. We are trying to better understand the origin.

Jmo He seems to give non answers and I don’t trust him.

You're not alone. I'm very overwhelmed today and feeling quite unsupported (except for here).

love and prayers with you.

I can relate -I'm taking my frustrations with my family out on my yard today. Those weeds don't stand a chance against me today!
If not for this group, I just may totally lose it. Only voices of reason I'm hearing.

Wondering who those people that are saying they're related to me - where did they come from? Crawl out from underneath a rock last night? How can anyone still today be in such denial???

“I’m a big face-toucher for some reason - my own face,” Cuomo says.

That was one of the biggest surprises to me when I started to pay attention and tried to reduce face touching.

Just a few minutes ago as Im reading intently here, I caught myself with my hand on my chin like "the thinker" LOL.

Like how ironic and stupid can I be to be reading and trying to learn how to prevent catching it and yet Im moving germs at the same time to my mouth area. :eek:

Coronavirus: NHS staff, police and public being coughed on by people claiming to have COVID-19

Coronavirus: NHS staff, police and public being coughed on by people claiming to have COVID-19
Two men and a teenager have been charged with assaulting NHS staff, a pensioner and police officers in separate incidents.

On separate occasions, NHS staff have been coughed at on purpose, a pensioner was spat on by a teenager, a man is accused of spitting blood in police officer's faces and another is accused of coughing on an officer while claiming he had coronavirus.

As the UK was placed on lockdown on Monday evening, police were given sweeping powers to ensure people stay at home and avoid non-essential travel during the COVID-19 crisis.

They have seen an increasing number of people using the disease to assault others.

Once a state stops contact tracing & it is up to a positive person to advise his “contact list” of potential exposure, I fear most do not follow protocol & some that are aware they likely have Covid continue to spread it, rather than face quarantine. Moo

(link is very informative)

love and prayers with you.

I can relate -I'm taking my frustrations with my family out on my yard today. Those weeds don't stand a chance against me today!
If not for this group, I just may totally lose it. Only voices of reason I'm hearing.

Wondering who those people that are saying they're related to me - where did they come from? Crawl out from underneath a rock last night? How can anyone still today be in such denial???
YES! How can you be so lackadaisical and blasé even now???

Go get those weeds!

Thinking way down the road when this nightmare is over, if we continue with some of these practices think of how we will reduce our common viruses. Some of these can be so harmful to others.

Yes! I’ve also been thinking about this. I know for a fact that I will be much much more aware about very frequent hand washing, etc. I do get my yearly flu shot and obviously, I wash my hands on a regular basis but I do think I will always take caution from now on.

Read this earlier, below his answer is empty words.

Q: There are many questions about the origin of the outbreak in China. Chinese researchers have reported that the earliest case dates back to 1 December 2019. What do you think of the report in the South China Morning Post that says data from the Chinese government show there were cases in November 2019, with the first one on 17 November?

A: There is no solid evidence to say we already had clusters in November. We are trying to better understand the origin.

Jmo He seems to give non answers and I don’t trust him.
Yea...I though his ideas important for a country that is not currently prepared.

Once a state stops contact tracing & it is up to a positive person to advise his “contact list” of potential exposure, I fear most do not follow protocol & some that are aware they likely have Covid continue to spread it, rather than face quarantine. Moo

(link is very informative)

And sadly, some are too sick to be able to advise their contact list. One good thing about staying home is that the contacts are considerably limited, making it easier for most people to follow protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew