Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking through all the stuff I’ve saved on Denim. Maybe this person who posted on Facebook was on to something? With econometrics. Again, I personally have no clue, but thought it looked somewhat similar when I googled it.
That is very interesting. Do you see evidence of mathematical formulas in his journal samples?

That is very interesting. Do you see evidence of mathematical formulas in his journal samples?
I honestly don't see anything in the journals. Nothing that means anything to me anyway. I haven't studied it for any amount of time, only showed it to people I thought might recognize it. I happened to find that screenshot of what someone had posted on FB a while back and when I googled 'econometrics', what little I saw vaguely resembled portions of his journals. It looks like there's a method to his madness, I just don't know what that may be. Hopefully, it will jog someone's memory!

I honestly don't see anything in the journals. Nothing that means anything to me anyway. I haven't studied it for any amount of time, only showed it to people I thought might recognize it. I happened to find that screenshot of what someone had posted on FB a while back and when I googled 'econometrics', what little I saw vaguely resembled portions of his journals. It looks like there's a method to his madness, I just don't know what that may be. Hopefully, it will jog someone's memory!

Interesting! It is worth exploring. Here is a book on the "Mostly Harmless Econometrics" topic.

Mostly Harmless Econometrics

Just looking through all the stuff I’ve saved on Denim. Maybe this person who posted on Facebook was on to something? With econometrics. Again, I personally have no clue, but thought it looked somewhat similar when I googled it.

His alias was BILEMY with an e, not BILAMY with an a (It was written in all caps, so the letters were clear). And the trail name "Mostly Harmless" was given to him by other hikers. He didn't choose it for himself. It's safe to say that is a rabbit hole you can abandon following. MOO.

His alias was BILEMY with an e, not BILAMY with an a (It was written in all caps, so the letters were clear). And the trail name "Mostly Harmless" was given to him by other hikers. He didn't choose it for himself. It's safe to say that is a rabbit hole you can abandon following. MOO.

Hey, some of us have lots of time to explore rabbit holes right now. What can it hurt? If someone on here knew an economatrician (if that is the word), I think it would be worth it to have them at least look at his journal samples to see if there is any evidence of mathematical formulas. But, I definitely have never met one. Lol

Yes, I'm aware of that. Just to be clear, this was not something I posted on Facebook, only what I saved that someone else posted. As I was looking through the info I had on Denim, I noticed it and googled the word (I'd never heard of such a thing) and the few images that were generated sort of looked like the journal pages. I thought, minus the mistakes you pointed out, the word might ring a bell with someone else on the thread. That's all. :)

Interesting! It is worth exploring. Here is a book on the "Mostly Harmless Econometrics" topic.

Mostly Harmless Econometrics
I may have to read the book just to understand what the topic is all about! Lots of big words in one description. :p

It does seem possible that Denim was a "modern experimentalist". Definitely an interesting theory.

I don't know why but I keep coming back to SQL (or similar) and his notes being a comparison flowchart between tables of data. T1=Table 1, T2=Table 2, P1=Procedure 1, S= Standard, E=End, etc. It's like he is planning out the comparison of data... the data would be numerical and possibly have caps regarding minimum and maximum, and/or a defined/undefined value.

Has anyone with experience in SQL, Oracle (or the like) viewed this?

Thank you everyone for continuing to delve deeper for answers for MH. I can't help but think his writing must have some sort of basis in SOMETHING. Even if he was experiencing some sort of dementia or mania or break from reality that causes him write all of this. I would think that in such a case one would go back to something familiar, not invent a completely new "language." The question therefore is... what is it based on? Where did he learn this?

Annoyingly, it doesn't look to me like it is SQL :( I believe what you are describing is a relational database model - I'm not sure this would be mixed with statements like 'END' as it seems to me that syntax is too specific/almost redundant if used in a relational model plan... of course I could very well be wrong as everyone plans their code differently! Sorry if this wasn't too helpful!

I work with SQL on a daily basis - will have a closer look at the flow :)

Great! All of my limited computer knowledge is old school which could be I'm on the wrong track but something feels like he's planning an attempt to compare (or calculate data based on certain factors). Unless the notebook contains more clues as to what this data might be and why he's doing this... only our UID would know.

Annoyingly, it doesn't look to me like it is SQL :( I believe what you are describing is a relational database model - I'm not sure this would be mixed with statements like 'END' as it seems to me that syntax is too specific/almost redundant if used in a relational model plan... of course I could very well be wrong as everyone plans their code differently! Sorry if this wasn't too helpful!

No, glad you are knowledgeable and provided your opinion! Does it kind of resemble a relational database model (of sorts) with Tables and Standards (all variables unknown to us)? Maybe we should rule this out completely?

Great! All of my limited computer knowledge is old school which could be I'm on the wrong track but something feels like he's planning an attempt to compare (or calculate data based on certain factors). Unless the notebook contains more clues as to what this data might be and why he's doing this... only our UID would know.

Certainly could still be to do with storage and processing of data being sent to (and coming in from) the front-end of an app he is developing - but could be another language? Or a mash up. I work with big data and use python and R in conjunction with SQL a lot - don't use C## but that is often used alongside SQL to develop platforms for data storage and processing etc

Usually a relational model will be very high level - example here:
CbTZYE47MdwLMhL37

Whereas commands like SELECT * FROM 'TABLE NAME' or the END statement you mentioned would be the low level command used actually access/populate the tables based on whatever logic you want to follow. It would seem unusual to directly combine the two

Certainly could still be to do with storage and processing of data being sent to (and coming in from) the front-end of an app he is developing - but could be another language? Or a mash up. I work with big data and use python and R in conjunction with SQL a lot - don't use C## but that is often used alongside SQL to develop platforms for data storage and processing etc

I believe the labels (E=End?Error, T1=Table 1, etc) he has given to variables only mean something to him... and repeat use looks like a comparison test of sorts to me. Thank you so much for ruling out SQL! I'm still gonna hold on to the database comparison/relationship model theory as a basis - at least for now.

All this talk of code has got me thinking. (Ouch) For some reason I thought of ROY G BIV, the acronym taught when I was younger to help remember the colors of the rainbow; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Could Ben Bilemy be similar? It seems to be the only name he came up with on his own and obviously not a common surname. Maybe he was thinking in code when he came up with it.

Just thinking out loud...

ETA: Out of curiosity, are the notes written in pen or pencil? Or other. That might speak to his level of confidence in what he was plotting. Mostly I’m just curious though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong