Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, murder/suicide will go up, is my prediction.
The luxury of divorce prob’ has a lot to do with demographics, too. Plus, if one can’t afford a divorce, one can simply walk away. Moo

I actually think that the divorce rate will go down. Divorce is really a "luxury item", if you think about it. It requires the financial ability to maintain two separate households.

A lot of families just are not going to have that type of income now. That doesn't mean that they will be happy. Just resigned to the new reality.

Trump considering 'enforceable quarantine' for N.Y., parts of N. J. and Connecticut

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he was considering an "enforceable quarantine" in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area due to the coronavirus outbreak, saying the decision could come as soon as later in the day.

“Some people would like to see New York quarantined because its a hot spot. New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places. Certain parts of Connecticut quarantined,” Trump said as he left the White House en route of Norfolk, Va. to see off the USNS Comfort, a Navy hospital ship that is headed to New York to provide extra hospital space to help fight the outbreak.

St. Mary's said the following to News 4:

"We believe there is no basis in fact to the allegations that nursing leaders have directed nurses to work in an unsafe manner. We do currently have restrictions on hospital staff supplying their own PPE as we cannot guarantee that personal PPE is up to CDC standards and has been properly sterilized. "

Local nurse resigns after being told she can't wear a mask around patients
They can not guarantee that personal PPE the nurse purchased is up to the CDC standards? But are they providing nurses with PPE that is up to the standards? She wouldn't need to buy it if hospital provided it, would she?

As I’m making coffee and cleaning/cooking, my reflection is as follows:

I have been thinking about how I sure feel for the young people. Hopefully we won’t all be here a very long time, but I’m remembering in my younger days how important social gatherings, concerts, hanging out with friends, traveling, etc. used to be. It was the end of the world if I couldn’t go to a concert lol (like the time I was grounded from one)....

In recent years I have become much the homebody, and not into crowds, but prior to that I was all over the place.

While we all pay the price and make sacrifices for this disease, it seems especially unfair that the kids and younger people have to stop their activities. We never had to do that as kids and young people, we got to live our lives...if I was in my 20s or even 30s I’d be going crazy right now...if I was younger than my 20s, say kid or teen, I’d probably be really having a hard time not being able to see my friends, etc.

It must be hard for some of them to really understand the magnitude of all this. We as adults are struggling to wrap our heads around this...

Last edited:
Brooklyn lawyer sues Cuomo over coronavirus orders

“Clearly, there is a grave public health emergency in New York. We understand that,” Norm Pattis, Nigen’s attorney, said in a written statement. “But lawful process matters and emergency orders of this sort, if left unchallenged, will evolve into precedents with horrifying consequences.”

@musicaljoke
thanks for the above report!

In addition it is worth to mention that despite savings in the health system, the situation in German health system are much much better than the Spanish or Italian. The countries had more economical problems, which did influence the medical system.

We didn’t have to have ventilator shortage — leaders chose not to prep for pandemic

Several years ago, after learning that the Empire State’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than the 18,000 New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, state public-health leaders came to a fork in the road.

They could have chosen to buy more ventilators to back up the supplies hospitals maintain. Instead, the health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had.

NYC

Army Corps of Engineers to build +4 field hospitals in NYC, with total 4,000 added beds for #COVID19 response:
* Queens: Aqueduct Racetrack
* Bronx: NY Expo Center
* Brooklyn: Bkly Cruise Terminal
* Staten Island: CUNY Staten Island
Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Wow...

This is telling. Remember how telling it was when Wuhan built those two hospitals in ten days? They didn’t do it for nothing. They did it because they needed them.

As I’m making coffee and cleaning, cooking, my reflection is as follows:

I have been thinking about how I sure feel for the young people. Hopefully we won’t all be here a very long time, but I’m remembering in my younger days how important social gatherings, concerts, hanging out with friends, traveling, etc. used to be. It was the end of the world if I couldn’t go to a concert lol.

In recent years I have become much the homebody, and not into crowds, but prior to that I was all over the place.

While we all pay the price and make sacrifices for this disease, it seems especially unfair that the kids and younger people have to stop their activities. We never had to do that as kids and young people, we got to live our lives...if I was in my 20s or even 30s I’d be going crazy right now...if I was younger than my 20s, say kid or teen, I’d probably be really having a hard time not being able to see my friends, etc.

It must be hard for some of them to really understand the magnitude of all this. We as adults struggling to wrap our heads around this...

Yesterday I had to deliver a meal to a shut-in, and as I drove through our neighborhood the pre-teens were playing basketball hoops, chalking the sidewalks, etc. and keeping themselves busy, often with their parents home from work, but the teenagers in front of some homes looked lost, just sitting on the curbs, etc. Like you, I really felt for them.

“Clearly, there is a grave public health emergency in New York. We understand that,” Norm Pattis, Nigen’s attorney, said in a written statement. “But lawful process matters and emergency orders of this sort, if left unchallenged, will evolve into precedents with horrifying consequences.”

I would not expect anything less from him.

A lot of ancient cultures have developed traditional medicines that have some ingredients that surprise us, Native Americans, First Nations in Canada, Tibetans, and many others. It is often the older generation that keeps these things going, the younger generations use modern medicine and these traditions are dying out. I think the National Health organization is trying to balance the best of traditional medicine with the best of modern medicine. China is extremely advanced in modern medicine, and most young people are not interested in the ancient medical cures, but you can still find traditional medicine shops, both in China and here in the U.S.

I do not agree with torturing animals ever even for heath purposes. I think it is totally unacceptable and disgusting. Unfortunately I saw a video of the living hell these bears go through to collect their bile once and it is one of the worst and cruelest things I have ever seen.

Yesterday I had to deliver a meal to a shut-in, and as I drove through our neighborhood the pre-teens were playing basketball hoops, chalking the sidewalks, etc. and keeping themselves busy, often with their parents home from work, but the teenagers in front of some homes looked lost, just sitting on the curbs, etc. Like you, I really felt for them.
Quick shout out to you, @Sundog and @JaneEyre (mask-maker) and every other helper whose name I can't think of right now - you all know who you are, so please accept my thanks and love.
"Always look for the helpers" :cool:

The ship is trying to make its way to Florida.
Trying to... but they cannot get through the Panama Canal. This is one of the reasons that there are so many cases in Miami-Dade county...so many younger cruise ship workers who disembarked with no symptoms, tranversing different ships. This industry is dead for a long time ....

Oh, really? Norm Pattis? I guess he's done shaking down the Farber's? barf-a-roni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288