1st Mar:1694 cases, 34 deaths
8th Mar:5883 cases, 233 deaths
20th Mar:47021 cases, 4032 deaths
26th Mar: 80539 cases, 8165 deaths
27th Mar:86,498 cases, 9134 deaths
28th Mar:92,474 cases 10,023 deaths
Fatality rate= 10.8%
World Updates on Twitter

So heartbreaking. Italy's numbers continue to terrify me. Why is the death rate so high? Are they only testing those who are hospitalized? Or is it possible the death rate of this evil virus is really that high? :eek::(

May God Have Mercy On Us All.

MOO

She was definitely on WS yesterday - I think she was on the Gannon Stauch thread.

I’m around. Definitely not coming on here because it’s depressing. I’m trying to avoid most news about this and stay as positive as possible.

One day at a time, ya’ll.

I do have a lot of faith in science, in humanity and in all of us to be able to get through this. We can do it. And we will.

Love you guys.

That’s precisely why the projection models factor in different percentages of compliance.

A number I’ve seen a lot is 60%.

Its frustrating that there’s so many people who just don’t get it.

I don't get why it's so hard to just stay home and isolate. It's basically no change for me anyway and I've gotten along fine for years.

x7rsggyloyn41.png

I’m around. Definitely not coming on here because it’s depressing. I’m trying to avoid most news about this and stay as positive as possible.

One day at a time, ya’ll.

I do have a lot of faith in science, in humanity and in all of us to be able to get through this. We can do it. And we will.

Love you guys.
We love you back. So glad u checked in. Be safe.

I've read if the lungs aren't damaged when someone quits smoking the lungs will be healthy after 3 weeks of quitting.

It's strange, I've know some elderly people, both men, and women who have smoked all of their lives even into their 80s or 90s, but never experienced any lung problems.

Back when they started smoking many started right in the tobacco fields where the tobacco was really potent with no filtering at all. I dont know what rabbit tobacco even is, but I've heard many elderly say they smoked it.

I guess it's different for each individual who smoked or smokes.

Jmho
COPD only occurs in 20% of smokers. Both my parents smoked their entire lives and never got COPD. I ended up getting it. Some people who have never smoked get COPD. Some smokers or former smokers just ignore the symptoms until they end up on oxygen as soon as they are diagnosed. It scares me to death that IF I were to get this virus and had to tell hospital workers I am a former smoker that I would be sent to the back of the line, so to speak.

So heartbreaking. Italy's numbers continue to terrify me. Why is the death rate so high? Are they only testing those who are hospitalized? Or is it possible the death rate of this evil virus is really that high? :eek::(

May God Have Mercy On Us All.

MOO

Experts say it's down to a combination of factors, like the country's large elderly population which is more susceptible to the virus, and the method of testing that's not giving the full picture about infections.

Distorted numbers

Italy's number of confirmed cases is "not representative of the entire infected population," said Dr. Massimo Galli, head of the infectious disease unit at Sacco Hospital in Milan. The real figure was "much much more."

Only the most severe cases are being tested, added Galli, and not the entire population -- which in turn, skews the death rate.

Italy coronavirus death toll passes 10,000. Many are asking why the fatality rate is so high - CNN

Some smokers are okay with cold turkey (so if you're one of those, and thinking about it - go for it). And people who smoke only a couple of cigarettes per day - it's time to go ahead and quit.

Nicotine patches still available online, but...having watched many relatives go cold turkey after getting sick (not from CV19, from flu or pneumonia) I'm rooting for all of the quitters and will tolerate a bit of crankiness. Most need some other outdoor habit to occupy them, IME (my dad started picking the gravel out of his lawn and tossing it back into the gravel area, ha).

Always a good idea to quit but I'm not sure right now would be a time to implement it. So much domestic violence is rising and this could be an added trigger on top of everything combined right now. IMO

I notice that the article specifically references combustible cigarettes, not vapes. I find that interesting as vaping has been shown time and time again to cause very rapid lung failure and people as young as teenagers needing lung transplants.

I have smoked cigarettes for almost 20 years and i will say that a ban on cigarette sales is a terrible idea. Very bad. I know if my state did this, the run to buy cigarettes would be insane and since i live close to the border, I'm sure a lot of people would cross the border to buy where they are not banned. I feel like this could incite violence if supplies are limited and the person in line in front of you buys 10 or 20 cartons leaving none for anyone else.
ITA. It would be a bad idea for the same reasons Prohibition not only didn't work but created incredible violence. These thousands of prisoners being let out of jail aren't going follow the rules.

JMO

Always a good idea to quit but I'm not sure right now would be a time to implement it. So much domestic violence is rising and this could be an added trigger on top of everything combined right now. IMO
Yeah, so many can’t tolerate being told “stay home”, “staying home without cigs’” adds a new dimension. Moo

WATCH LIVE: Gov. Beshear holds Saturday briefing on COVID-19 in Kentucky

Sounds like KY is still experiencing probs at campgrounds & the great store debate. Somewhere in the presser Gov’ mentions stores need to take charge & enforce social distancing. I hope we go by SS# or something, soon.
Now, he thinks maybe 15 k or so tested, unsure if anyone at Toyota tested positive, but expects every place of employment to have cases.

Some smokers are okay with cold turkey (so if you're one of those, and thinking about it - go for it). And people who smoke only a couple of cigarettes per day - it's time to go ahead and quit.

Nicotine patches still available online, but...having watched many relatives go cold turkey after getting sick (not from CV19, from flu or pneumonia) I'm rooting for all of the quitters and will tolerate a bit of crankiness. Most need some other outdoor habit to occupy them, IME (my dad started picking the gravel out of his lawn and tossing it back into the gravel area, ha).
Some smokers are okay with quitting cold turkey? Not for me or anyone that I know who quit.

Cigarettes are very hard to quit using in my opinion.

I have an idea,

I am working remotely. So I am busy.

The quarantine is hard on people who did not work, on students and on people with OCD.

What about making a thread about how you distract yourself?

It could be an advice/coping skill/tool for so many others!

Maybe even posting what you made/knitted/ordered during this time?

What grew in your yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member