Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray for Florida. Geez Louise!!
I have a brother that lives in Florida and I am worried about him. These beach goers keep going to the beach. cruise ships are coming in with infected people. How can anyone in Florida stay safe unless they never leave home.

The beach is great but we are in a World Crisis- wake-up folks.

Thanks so much Henry. I wasn't going to say anything but I am home on Isolation. I was notified Thursday of exposure to positive result folks. I was exposed March 19th. I am well as is my Husband. No symptoms at all. Health Unit here has been amazing with support thru calls. I dont want to worry anyone as we are fine and going to be fine. Husband and I are keeping apart for the duration. He is at the front of the house and I am at the back lol

oh no!!! take care & keep us updated

Ugh! :mad: I wonder how many packages he spat on.
I watched that video several times and I'm not sure if he was spitting on it to purposely spread bacteria. It looked like he was trying to clean the plastic cover over the bar code to scan it. It doesn't excuse his completely disgusting method to clean it but I don't know if his motives were criminal.

Foster a senior dog! More available, less likely to get adopted, less "issues" You could foster and the fur baby might never leave. And that's ok! You made room for another dog and saved a life, letting the senior experience love, and snuggles, the good life for the rst of it's days!
A positive I heard concerning this is that more people than ever are fostering and / or adopting right now. They’re lonely too.

L

Love you too. I totally get how it can be depressing. I am obsessed with the news (especially science news) about CV19 and am STILL optimistic about total outcomes.

I just don't want you, personally, to get sick.

Thanks! Likewise. I’m glad that you’re feeling positive despite the news. That’s encouraging! Especially coming from you.

Furious Cuomo blasts Trump's 'anti-American' idea for a New York quarantine and calls it a 'federal declaration of WAR' in extraordinary live TV outburst after the president threatened to cordon off the Tri-state
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...says-Trumps-quarantine-proposal-mean-war.html
US coronavirus: Cuomo says Trump's quarantine proposal would mean war | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

'Hell. Biblical. I kid you not. People come in, they get intubated, they die, the cycle repeats,' said Dr Steve Kassapidis of Mount Sinai Queens, in an interview with Sky News. '9/11 was nothing compared to this, we were open waiting for patients to come who never came. Now they just keep coming.'

DEATH TRAJECTORY

US is solidly on the 3 day doubling trajectory.
2,010 current
4,000 Tuesday est
8,000 Friday
16,000 4/6
32,000 4/9
64,000 4/12
128,000 4/15
256,000 4/18
PRAY NOT

NY is just under 2 day doubling with NJ and LA on the 2 day doubling line. FL is on the 3 day doubling line but the trajectory may push it toward 2 day doubling.
CA and WA are between 3 and 4 day doubling.

• UK passes Italy, 2nd only to Spain for deaths at this stage of outbreak
• US deaths doubling every 3 days, curve keeps steepening
India tracking US
Live version FREE TO READ: Coronavirus tracked: the latest figures as the pandemic spreads | Free to read John Burn-Murdoch on Twitter

John Burn-Murdoch on Twitter
Lord help us all.
Not even gonna MOO.

You are the best. We decided we'd see our 5 year old granddaughter, despite risks. I worry about it a little. She has one babysitter for one day a week who is supposed to be self-isolating, but has a husband who is extremely extroverted. I keep asking questions.

I guess I have some faith in my immune system (lung damage, lifelong asthmatic). I am 65.
I understand exactly. It's so hard not seeing them. I'm used to taking the train to NYC and then out to their town at least once every month or so, and them coming down here as well. My DIL set my granddaughter (aged 8) up with KidsMessenger so we can chat whenever. My grandson (aged 6) pops in on those too to say hello. Still not the same as seeing them..especially when she says she wishes I was there with them.

Funny thing she said to me is that she and her brother get along better when I'm there too - that it's like having another parent. Wise little girl.

I miss them a bunch!

So heartbreaking. Italy's numbers continue to terrify me. Why is the death rate so high? Are they only testing those who are hospitalized? Or is it possible the death rate of this evil virus is really that high? :eek::(

May God Have Mercy On Us All.

MOO
i wonder the same about Italy, and have not been able to find out information on whether the issue is "having proper equipment and supplies", except the samo samo generalities, ... but I keep thinking it must be that... so the worst cases just have to die. My husbands ancestry is from Northern Italy, and we have a familial website that keeps all descendants from there around the globe connected. They are miraculously not as bad off as most of Northern provinces (thank god for mountains). My husband passed away this past year, and i just know he would be devastated by all this information regarding Italy........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member