The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish to thank you all for this thread. I work in a hospital and have been putting in so many shifts in the past 2 weeks.
I am at home, off right now, got tested this morning after feeling ill at work.
This forum, this thread and all the member posts is a great diversion.
Thank You All.

Thank you so much for the heroic hard work you do @Intermezzo I hope and pray you don’t have it. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I hope you feel better very soon.

More about The Countess of Wessex!

Sophie Wessex latest: The key way Queen is counting on 'favourite' Sophie amid crisis

And, not my business, you know I have great respect for HRH Elizabeth and all our colleagues in the British Isles and in the Commonwealth. Can one of you please send Boris Johnson a comb?

I do understand that my President is a frightfully poor example in hairstyling.

JMHO YMMV LRR

LOL, the pair of them need marching for a haircut as soon as the barbers reopen!

This prompted me to see if there were any pics of the Queen with messy hair (there aren't) but I did find this:

In the episode [of The Crown] in question, set in 1957, the Queen is advised by her hairdresser to change her hairstyle to something 'a little shorter and rounder'. But the new style, which would become the Queen's trademark coiffure for years to come, didn't go down well with the monarch's husband, according to the series.

'Why on earth would you do something like that to your hair?' the Duke exclaims.
The Queen replies that the cut is 'very a la mode', describing it as 'tidy and sensible'
'It's certainly very practical. Should you ever feel compelled to ride a motorcycle, it could always double as a helmet,' he jokes.

:D

Prince Philip horrified by Queen's hair, claims The Crown | Daily Mail Online

LOL, the pair of them need marching for a haircut as soon as the barbers reopen!

This prompted me to see if there were any pics of the Queen with messy hair (there aren't) but I did find this:

In the episode [of The Crown] in question, set in 1957, the Queen is advised by her hairdresser to change her hairstyle to something 'a little shorter and rounder'. But the new style, which would become the Queen's trademark coiffure for years to come, didn't go down well with the monarch's husband, according to the series.

'Why on earth would you do something like that to your hair?' the Duke exclaims.
The Queen replies that the cut is 'very a la mode', describing it as 'tidy and sensible'
'It's certainly very practical. Should you ever feel compelled to ride a motorcycle, it could always double as a helmet,' he jokes.

:D

Prince Philip horrified by Queen's hair, claims The Crown | Daily Mail Online

My daughter thinks someone should invent a Boris styling doll (like a girls world).

Least of our worries right now.
This worry adds to a lot of worries. Dont want my tax payer dollars going to someone who wants to reap benefits they dont deserve . Homeless, low income families, our vets and healthcare issues are more important than protecting a person who can pay for it themselves.

I wish to thank you all for this thread. I work in a hospital and have been putting in so many shifts in the past 2 weeks.
I am at home, off right now, got tested this morning after feeling ill at work.
This forum, this thread and all the member posts is a great diversion.
Thank You All.

Oh no :( thanks for your front line work. Prayers to you. :)

We don't pay security costs for celebrities so we are not footing the bill. Even if he decides to become an American, it is not up to us to pay for his security. The UK can pay for it.

Yes, that was his (MM driven) choice to be independent. That means footing the bill. They want the benefits of all, can’t have both.

The Queen shares sweet update during coronavirus pandemic – her carriage horses have been given some time off

The Queen shares sweet update during coronavirus pandemic – and you'll never guess what it is
The monarch is a talented equestrian

the Queen has shared a sweet update with fans during the current coronavirus pandemic – her beautiful carriage horses are currently enjoying some time off! The Royal Family tweeted on Saturday: "The Queens' carriage horses are turned out at Hampton Court Palace, where they will remain whilst they are not required for official duties. There are two types of carriage horse – Cleveland Bays and Windsor Greys. All the horses are named by the Queen."

It's understandably been a difficult few weeks for the royal family, and the Queen has even been forced to cancel her birthday parade, which Buckingham Palace confirmed in a statement saying: "In line with Government advice, it has been agreed that The Queen’s Birthday Parade, also known as Trooping the Colour, will not go ahead in its traditional form. A number of other options are being considered, in line with relevant guidance."

Totally agree Joolz. Added to which, as always, debate on here is stemming from daily fail articles no doubt quoting various "sources" which inevitably turn out to be a load of hogwash anyway :rolleyes:. Conserving my energy for positive focus myself.

JMO ofc :)

Same here HKP to be honest I dont give a flying fox if the UK gets stuck with their security bill anyway. We have wasted money on much worse.

All for the positive focus x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member