Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
A positive I heard concerning this is that more people than ever are fostering and / or adopting right now. They’re lonely too.

:)

Now that you mentioned it, I have had previous conversations with people who loves dogs, but didn’t have any because they said it wouldn’t be fair to the dog because they work so much and aren’t at home enough.

Well, I suppose this changes that.

Yay, score for the shelter dogs.

I think one concern though is that people don’t have extra money now so they may hold back for that reason.

Last edited:
Yes, it's true about black dogs. My DIL used to work in a shelter.

She chose an all black pup from a litter at the shelter. They were lab mixes but only one was all black. And 5 years later, she is the sweetest most loving dog ever. Turns out she is lab/greyhound.
Weird about black dogs. I got a little black dog in front of a store....she was jumping at me :) She was 5 weeks old and I had her (or she had me) for 13 yrs. She was Pit bull, lab and great dane. Mostly great dane with those long legs :)

If they foster it’s only temporary anyway, which is a fabulous way to enjoy a pet, get them out of the shelter, and save their life!

If a particular foster pet (or adoption) doesn’t work out for you, you can get another one. That sounds cold, but a dog still gets out of the shelter and we shelter workers want you to love your foster/adopted pet, not feel like you are stuck with them.

Agree about fostering a senior dog, also black dogs. For some reason people pass over black dogs.

Rescuing one animal won’t change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever-anonymous

As a decades long cat rescuer, I hope and pray that any fosters or adoptions STICK and don't get returned. The stigma against black cats and dogs is REAL and totally unfounded.

I think “prosecuted” is useless. The jails are letting people out, as no one wants to be responsible for deaths in prison due to COVID, among other things. Bringing people to court is not good either.

So actually, a fine should be enough. I think in Spain it is 2000 Euros.

...but what do we do with the idiots who perform COVID challenge, and then get sick?

The jails are releasing prisoners because jails don't have the capability of treating a lot of sick inmates. I have no idea what a COVID challenge consists of but it sounds like if they are infected, they get what they ask for. Why should taxpayers pick up the tab?

JMO

No it doesn't at all. I have no faith in them. Ok a little, this kinda made sense, but I only read it twice and never broke it down.
Wishful thinking!
Moo

Oh I think it makes sense because it's true. And another medical journal found similar results. I think there are plenty of Chinese scientists and doctors that know the truth, try to warn others, do their best to help others, but are shut down by a fully corrupted government. I just hope the Chinese doctor that published the study that was mysteriously retracted without explanation didn't suddenly become a volunteer organ donor.

Yes, my 89 yr old Mom is my biggest concern now. Although we just celebrated her birthday and she swears she is 90 now, so that's what we went with. lol...

Anyway, it breaks my heart because she is very lonely. We talk everyday, and she has her own apartment in an assisted living complex.

But we cannot visit anymore. And I think that is a good thing that no one is allowed in. But it is hard for her to be all alone every day.

They are not allowed to come down to eat together anymore either. So they drop off her lunch and dinner every day. And she gets a call every morning and evening from the social worker, just checking in.

But when she calls she sounds lonely and it is very sad. She can speak to her neighbour from their balconies. So that makes me feel better.

Sorry to ramble. But it makes me very sad because at this point in my Mom's life, there is nothing she loves more than her kids and grandkids and great grandkids. It has always kept her inspired and enthusiastic. We had a big family Christmas in December and the entire family was there for the first time in years. From all over the country.

So it makes me very sad that she is suddenly so isolated. :(

BIG HUGS. This is such a powerful post.

I'm pretty new here and I'm going to eat some crow....I wasn't very concerned when this all started, that has changed. In our small county in Northern California we now have 18 positives. I have stocked up on food and dog food for a month. We do have to go out next week for a few things. My boyfriend will go in the store to buy the things and I will be waiting in the truck with the hand sanitizer for him. This site has really opened my eyes and helped so much. Sorry that I didn't see it sooner.

Welcome :)

Yes, my 89 yr old Mom is my biggest concern now. Although we just celebrated her birthday and she swears she is 90 now, so that's what we went with. lol...

Anyway, it breaks my heart because she is very lonely. We talk everyday, and she has her own apartment in an assisted living complex.

But we cannot visit anymore. And I think that is a good thing that no one is allowed in. But it is hard for her to be all alone every day.

They are not allowed to come down to eat together anymore either. So they drop off her lunch and dinner every day. And she gets a call every morning and evening from the social worker, just checking in.

But when she calls she sounds lonely and it is very sad. She can speak to her neighbour from their balconies. So that makes me feel better.

Sorry to ramble. But it makes me very sad because at this point in my Mom's life, there is nothing she loves more than her kids and grandkids and great grandkids. It has always kept her inspired and enthusiastic. We had a big family Christmas in December and the entire family was there for the first time in years. From all over the country.

So it makes me very sad that she is suddenly so isolated. :(

After my Mom reached a certain age, she always claimed to be a year older too. She made it to 92, but was “93,” of course. :) I feel awful for your Mom. I’m glad you still have her with you, but I know it’s so hard to know she’s having to deal with this. I’m sorry.

Last edited:
As a decades long cat rescuer, I hope and pray that any fosters or adoptions STICK and don't get returned. The stigma against black cats and dogs is REAL and totally unfounded.
Of course I hope that all fosters and adoptions stick as well. All but one of my pets are foster failures, lol. I also think some people may attach a certain stigma with shelter pets and I want to get the word out that shelters will work with you in every way possible to match you with your perfect pet. I would rather one get adopted than none.

I adopted my cat Ariel simply because she had been at the shelter the longest of any cat there, almost two years. She is the sweetest most snuggly kitty ever.

The dogs that make me especially sad, well, they all do, but so many of them are house trained and they hold it for hours and hours and then feel ashamed when they mess their kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07