Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a stout, sustained wind, over 40 mph, I wish it would die down, I’d walk my dog around the nursing home. I’d have to drive & park in the lot, I think it isn’t a good time with severe winds, traffic signals get flipped around, debris blowing, etc.
I was so hoping to brighten someone’s day.

I just got off the phone with Nurse Daughter. She is exhausted and overwhelmed. Things are changing hour to hour. Protocols in place for who gets a vent and who doesn't etc. etc. She doesn't want to watch people die because there is not enough intervention equipment to save them. They are venting early in before they crash. It's all just too much!!! She felt better after venting. Tension in Hospital is very high. Level 3 will mean tents outside. She said she hoped it would be a beer tent. A little levity.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_120546.png
    IMG_20200329_120546.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200329_120550.png
    IMG_20200329_120550.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200329_120554.png
    IMG_20200329_120554.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
Coyotes Are Wandering San Francisco's Vacant Streets While the City Shelters In Place

ETxuKe8WAAAgXuX

So, we’ve got rats coming out in New Orleans, coyotes in San Francisco...what’s next, bears in Colorado?
or alligators in Florida!!! Oh wait.

Zoos are bringing their animals online during coronavirus closures

People can visit the zoo, using their computers. Virtual zoo!

I am worried about the situation for zoos. They are all closed now, but animals still need care, and food.
My friend works at the Santa Barbara zoo and they employees are LOVING this quarantine time. They LOVE the animals and do this work for them, not just for the visiting public.

So they are having a lot of quality time with their animal friends and spending time fixing things around the premises and checking their overall health etc....

I have relatives in their 70's in 4 places in the USA. My relatives in Alaska are as frightened as I am, and haven't left their rural house for 2 weeks, banking in person there is by appointment only. My relatives in the lower mid west where the virus has already hit, say they are "being careful", yet go everyday to Whole Foods, and another family member who lives with them comes and goes from his construction job, and they see their grandchildren in person. My other relatives in the NW say they will do whatever the governor says to do. So even within my own family there is a range of reactions, for instance I am way ahead of what any governor is saying.
I am petrified, I live in a very rural area, town of about 500, and I leave my house, in my car, only to go hiking where there are no people at all, or to the corner store to get dog food and chicken every few days. It's a tiny store, I stand out on the steps about 8 feet away, and tell her what I need, I actually hold my breath while in the little store and have her put it on my account instead of having to exchange money. Then, lol, I kind of reach in and snatch the bag and wash it all when I get home. I leave the non food items out in the sun for hours, turning it over.
It's great living in a rural area, but it also means that if the virus ramps up here there will be few beds and probably they will discriminate against older folk.
@NuttMegg seems your lower Midwest relatives are not at all fearful. On earlier thread I mentioned what it must be like in multi generational households, maybe with several members still working, out & about, etc. A single person can isolate so much easier as well as recall outings. Ita about the rural areas. I’m worried about MI, Covid is now in some very remote areas in western MI.

GEORGIA

HABERSHAM COUNTY, Ga. — In a Facebook post late Saturday, Habersham County Sheriff Joey Terrell said he had received a lot of questions wondering if the county was under a curfew as a result of the coronavirus.

After answering the questions, he talked about a "lot of motorcycles" and "folks pouring out of the hot spots in Atlanta" heading to the mountains and how they should stay away.

"No, the county is not under a curfew," Terrell said. "The county commissioners passed a resolution and asked that everybody shelter in place. They're just reiterating what the governor has asked."

"There's still folks pouring out of the hot spots in Atlanta and the different places that want to get up and go in the mountains and get away from the rat race down there," he said. "But if they would stay down there and isolate and just get through this, this thing (the coronavirus) will start to flatten out and it'll go away."

The Habersham County Board of Commissioners on Saturday adopted a resolution declaring a public health state of emergency and issued a shelter-in-place order for residents.

Habersham County Sheriff concerned about 'folks pouring out of the hot spots in Atlanta'

Aren't they headed for Port Everglades?

Any decision by Broward County on whether to allow any passenger vessel to enter Port Everglades will be determined once more information is available in consultation with a Unified Command made up of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Florida Department of Health in Broward County, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Port Everglades Pilots Association, Broward Sheriff’s Office Departments of Law Enforcement and Fire Rescue, Broward County Emergency Management and the Broward County Port Everglades Department.

Fort Lauderdale Port - Official Port Everglades Site - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yes. They received clearance last night to travel through the Panama Canal en-route to Fort Lauderdale.

Well, essential travel is defined in some areas - here's guidelines from Tasmania. And apparently you can plea for compassionate exemptions for family sickness or death, or any other reason. https://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/Documents/Tasmanian Border Restrictions.pdf
The difficult thing is the national guard standing on the corner has no way to verify anything they are told. So I can say my daughter is at college with no food and is ill and I need to take her to doctor, but how can he know if any of that is true? Maybe I am going to a friend's Corona party---he can't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member