Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be "sicker" to get tested:

The people in my household, we all assume we have the regular flu sweeping through our house.

I was achy and weak but got over it, another person in my house had cough, severe headaches and throwing up and weak, and now he is much better. Third person in my house has a sore mouth and bad sore throat and is achy but is doing well.

Wouldn't it be nice if tests were available to just be able to go out and get one?

Then you know for sure. Otherwise everyone just thinks they have the flu, which is what we think.

I'm 95% certain it's the flu, we haven't been anywhere for weeks except for essentials. But wouldn't it be nice to know FOR SURE?

Last edited:
Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died in the coronavirus outbreak there not the 3,200 claimed by Chinese authorities

But residents in Wuhan claim 500 urns have been handed out to grieving families every day from seven separate funeral homes all serving the city.

This means the ashes of 3,500 people are distributed every 24 hours.

The homes - in Hankou, Wuchang and Hanyang - have told grieving families that they will receive the ashes before April 5, the date of Qing Ming festival where people tend the graves of their ancestors.

This means that 42,000 urns could be distributed in that 12-day period.

Earlier reports stated that the Hankou premises received two shipments of 5,000 urns in just two days, according to local media.

Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died from coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

"It can't be right," a Wuhan resident told Radio Free Asia on Friday. "The incinerators have been working round the clock, so how can so few people have died?"

They have estimated that the seven funeral homes in the Wuhan area are giving out 3,500 urns each day. Another calculation estimated the capacity for each funeral home in cremating people. Both estimates have led them to conclude that likely over 40,000 people have died in the area.

"Maybe the authorities are gradually releasing the real figures, intentionally or unintentionally, so that people will gradually come to accept the reality," a resident in the area named Mao said, adding that most people in Wuhan believe the 40,000 death toll number.

Wuhan residents estimate region's coronavirus death toll much higher than reported

Stanford tested 9 methods of decontaminating N95's and concluded that 30 minutes in a kitchen oven set at 158 degrees was the best of all of them. They didn't like the hydrogen peroxide method because it hanged the polarization of the masks, reducing effectiveness.

Fitting masks to the face is really important for healthcare workers, public transport workers, first responders, and store clerks in essential businesses.
With my luck, it would catch fire.

We have to be "sicker" to get tested.

The people in my household, we all assume we have the regular flu sweeping through our house.

I was achy and weak but got over it, another person in my house had cough, severe headaches and throwing up and weak, and now he is much better. Third person in my house has cough, bad sore throat and is achy but is doing well.

Wouldn't it be nice if tests were available to just be able to go out and get one?

Then you know for sure. Otherwise everyone just thinks they have the flu, which is what we think.

I'm 95% certain it's the flu, we haven't been anywhere for weeks except for essentials. But wouldn't it be nice to know?
Absolutely. Then if we've had it, we can help many others who are still at risk. I normally really really do not like to shop but right now I'd love to shop for others afraid to go out.

I went to Dollar General a bit ago. When I went in I was the only customer. The store has rearranged the front so you can hop from blue x to the next (6 ft apart). No one was in the park. If you'll remember I live in a smallish town where our mayor had a bit of a meltdown. The playground equipment is no longer user friendly and the police have been told they can hand out citations. I think people are scared of the mayor lol. They had it coming. ;) jmo

That's really young. She always looked so healthy too. They were showing pictures of her on CBS-LA when she went into hospital about 10 days ago. Presumably, she had access to a ventilator, given her age. But the lethality of this virus in some people is unbelievable.

I wonder if hers was the first strain or the second strain. US has more of the first strain, which might be less lethal than the second - if only we were ready to do research.

That's really young. She always looked so healthy too. They were showing pictures of her on CBS-LA when she went into hospital about 10 days ago. Presumably, she had access to a ventilator, given her age. But the lethality of this virus in some people is unbelievable.

i am in Australia and i knew who she was, that's insane expect us to see more of our famous people leave us as this goes on

i hope we remember these people just like we have for many others we've lost over the years to various things

ugly ugly virus this thing is, some people are fine and others die it almost seems so random

My favorite healthy and simple quarantine breakfast these days:
(per each person)

At night,
1/2 cup of Rolled Oats
Pour your favorite milk or water, 1 cup or more depending on your taste. I use homemade cashew milk. Cover and soak overnight.

Next morning,
Microwave for 3 min (for my microwave oven), uncovered.
Toppings - sliced bananas, chopped apples, frozen blueberries, walnuts, cubed oranges, chopped dates, etc. Use your imagination. Yum!

Last edited:

Reuters
March 27, 2020

South Korean coronavirus test kit makers win U.S. FDA pre-approval
ad1571161765815422f16e177f15ea99

SEOUL (Reuters) - Three Korean coronavirus test-kit makers have won preliminary approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), paving the way for kits to be exported to the United States to help it battle the largest outbreak of the virus.

South Korea's foreign ministry said that winning the preliminary approval under emergency use authorization will allow the products to be sold in the United States.

No, but have noticed poor Dr Birx is sounding very raspy and looks weak.
IMO the daily briefing with taking questions from the press needs to stop for the good of all the people. If the press could sit quietly and listen to what is being said, the briefings could be well "brief", and give the leaders and experts time to rest, and breath.

MOO only MOO

i am in Australia and i knew who she was, that's insane expect us to see more of our famous people leave us as this goes on

i hope we remember these people just like we have for many others we've lost over the years to various things

ugly ugly virus this thing is, some people are fine and others die it almost seems so random

Its like a wildfire hopscotching through a neighborhood, scorching one side o the street, leaving the other untouched...so scary, so unpredictable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74