The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but my point was did they actually request if the USA was willing to pay for security? I doubt it. I don’t think so. And, now it just looks like a mud sling fest in a mean tweet. It is embarrassing and illinformed. And don’t we have other things to do over here in the middle of a pandemic?
They originally claimed on their website to be "internationally protected persons, entitled to security around the globe", but they had to change that rapidly when it was pointed out that would no longer apply after 3/31.

So, as suspected the whole thing was a non-story in the first place. I do wish the media would stop whipping up this hysteria and readers would stop getting sucked in by it. I wonder if they're getting it all in the papers before Tuesday, as I assume once H&M are private citizens living in the US they will just sue everyone.

A spokeswoman for the pair responded to Mr Trump's tweets saying:

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources."

“Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

Harry and Meghan say they are 'privately funding' security in US move

Yes, but my point was did they actually request if the USA was willing to pay for security? I doubt it. I don’t think so. And, now it just looks like a mud sling fest in a mean tweet. It is embarrassing and illinformed. And don’t we have other things to do over here in the middle of a pandemic?

They need help. They assume things, big things and react like spoiled children when others involved operate orderly. There is an order to everything regardless of who you are. These 2 have left a trail of disorder and heartache.

Hopefully they can eventually be a force for good. Until then it will be risky for anyone to be involved with them or ‘sincerely’ rally beside them.

It would be a welcome surprise if they were to step up right now by contributing aid for the crisis at hand.

Royal ladies wearing comfortable trousers: See Kate Middleton, Sophie Wessex and more

Aside from their stunning coat dresses and pretty skirts, our favourite royal ladies regularly give us outfit envy with their chic yet comfortable trousers. High waisted, cropped, wide-leg and vibrant colours - who knew there were so many different ways to style a wardrobe staple? Whether it's the Duchess of Cambridge's sporty culottes, the Countess of Wessex's flared trousers or Crown Princess Mary's cropped length, we have taken a look back some of the royals' biggest fashion statements with trousers.

Prince Charles, 71, in good health and out of self-isolation after battling coronavirus, Clarence House announces

Prince Charles in good health and out of self-isolation, Clarence House reveals
The 71-year-old royal was in self-isolation for seven days

In a statement released on Monday, the Prince's household said: "Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation." Last week we learned the shocking news that the Queen's son had tested positive for COVID-19 and was self-isolating at his Scottish residence, Birkhall.

Charles, 71, is now operating under the current standard government and medical restrictions that apply nationwide. HELLO! understands that his self-isolation lasted seven days in accordance with government and medical guidelines.

Meanwhile, it's understood that the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, whose test came back negative for coronavirus, remains in self-isolation until the end of the week.

Clarence House released an update last Thursday saying that the Prince had been back working at his desk, after displaying "mild symptoms" of the virus. His last public engagements took place on 12 March, when he attended an investiture and a dinner for the Australian Bushfire Appeal.

a royal insider has claimed. the anonymous source said:rolleyes:

Also from article

Prince Harry has accrued experience in the charity sector through years of working with his brother Prince William with The Royal Foundation.

He has also served for over ten years in the British Army and took up active duty in Afghanistan before being called back to the UK after his location was disclosed to the public.

And Harry and Meghan have also signalled they are not ready to accept handouts in their new life after sharing details of their new security arrangements.

Good on them!:)

a royal insider has claimed. the anonymous source said:rolleyes:

Also from article

Prince Harry has accrued experience in the charity sector through years of working with his brother Prince William with The Royal Foundation.

He has also served for over ten years in the British Army and took up active duty in Afghanistan before being called back to the UK after his location was disclosed to the public.

And Harry and Meghan have also signalled they are not ready to accept handouts in their new life after sharing details of their new security arrangements.

Good on them!:)
Ahhhh the old anonymous source again :p:rolleyes:

Cue three pages of debate. Ah well, keeps us occupied ;)

Anyone would think the Royals didn't vet their staff thoroughly. All these anonymous insiders and sources. More like, 'my mums out so I'll use her PC to make up an article full of crap' IMO

Absolutely.

If it says anonymous source it basically means 'made up story for the sole intention of stirring the pot'.

Would love for them to do a tell all Oprah and put all these rumours to bed and make these journalists look really dumb AND get paid a few million in the process for their trouble.

Absolutely.

If it says anonymous source it basically means 'made up story for the sole intention of stirring the pot'.

Would love for them to do a tell all Oprah and put all these rumours to bed and make these journalists look really dumb AND get paid a few million in the process for their trouble.

I would love to see them on Oprah!

Why today is a sad day for the Queen

On this day in 2002, the Queen Mother sadly passed away at the age of 101, some 50 years after the death of her husband, King George VI. At the time, Buckingham Palace confirmed that the Queen Mother had died peacefully in her sleep at 3.15pm at her Windsor residence, Royal Lodge. Her daughter was at her bedside. A touching statement was later released on behalf of the grieving monarch.

It read: "The Queen, with the greatest sadness, has asked for the following announcement to be made immediately: her beloved mother, Queen Elizabeth, died peacefully in her sleep this afternoon at Royal Lodge, Windsor. Members of the royal family have been informed."

The Queen Mother was such a lovely lady, quite the character too!

7 royal wedding events Princess Beatrice will be unable to take part in amid coronavirus

Since the coronavirus pandemic began, they have been forced to cancel their wedding reception and, following the announcement of a UK lockdown, it has not yet been confirmed whether or not they will go ahead with the ceremony (the Church of England also stipulated a restriction to five guests before the lockdown was put in place). As a result, what was meant to be one of the happiest days of Princess Beatrice's life has been tainted by the effects of COVID-19. We're sure it hasn't had an impact on their relationship – we've seen them looking loved-up plenty of times recently – but Beatrice will be unable to enjoy almost every aspect a woman looks forward to in a wedding. Here's everything she will miss out on.

New IG post from H&M
upload_2020-3-30_19-8-30.png

"As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile. Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference—as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line—together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise.

What’s most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic.

As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute.

While you may not see us here, the work continues.

Thank you to this community - for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great!

Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another.

Harry and Meghan"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member