OR OR - Ethan Swiger, 22, disabled, still missing, Klamath Falls Gospel Mission, 16 Dec 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
22-year-old Ethan Swiger was last seen on December 16, 2019 when a family member dropped him off at the Klamath Falls Gospel Mission. The agency said that it was out of character for him not to stay in contact with family.

Swiger was wearing a dirty-brown sweatshirt, camouflage pants, and a yellow rain slicker when he was last seen. Swiger is roughly six feet tall, weighing between 145 and 165 pounds.

Swiger has a disability and walks with a severe limp on his right side. Family members say that he does not drive and does not have full use of his hands.

Swiger may have mentioned to someone that he intended to travel to Grants Pass. There has been no indication that he ever arrived there, however.

Police, family looking for information on missing Klamath Falls man

Ethan+Swiger+poster.jpg
Swiger+THUMB.jpg

This young man is from my area. He was involved with a young woman who has always been very vocal on social media, she and her mother run some sort of a helping hand service. They collect stuff and redistribute it to folks in need. While he was wrapped up with the girl, a lot of accusations were tossed about on the book of face. Some fb searching brings up some of the posts.
My main issue is why our most delicate humans are not better protected. The photo of Ethan standing on the street holding a sign is the most recent, and the boy had lost a huge amount of weight, he looked cold, dirty, and scared. Breaks my heart. A human would not make it long in the elements overnight in Klamath Falls.

Police still looking for 'missing and endangered' Klamath Falls man Ethan Swiger
Swiger+2.jpg
Swiger+3.jpg
Swiger+4.jpg
Swiger+5.jpg
Swiger+6.jpg

SABBM:
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — Nearly a month after he disappeared, the Klamath Falls Police Department says that it is still looking 22-year-old Ethan Swiger.

Swiger was last seen on December 16, 2019 when a family member dropped him off at the Klamath Falls Gospel Mission, according to Klamath Falls Police. The agency said that it was out of character for him not to stay in contact with family.

If you have any information about Swiger's location, please contact Detective Yahwhee with the Klamath Falls Police Department at 541-884-4876 and reference case number 20-0010, or call 911.

Noting:
  • According to police, between 5 and 5:30 a.m. on Dec 16, Ethan reportedly asked to use a bathroom at Holiday Market on N 8th Street.
  • "The business was not open so he was directed to the city park at Main Street and 11th Street," Klamath Falls Police said.
  • "Mr. Swiger has been known to frequent the Klamath Falls Gospel Mission and Albertson's," KFPD said.

March 16, 2020
Klamath Falls, OR Police Department FB Page with photos
Klamath Falls Police Department
“UPDATE on the Search for Ethan Swiger

Ethan Swiger was last seen at Holiday Market on December 16, 2019 at approximately 5:00am - 5:30am. He spoke with an employee of Holiday Market regarding use of the restroom. The business was not open so he was directed to the city park at Main Street and 11th Street.

The attached photos show the clothing Mr. Swiger was wearing on December 16th. If anyone saw Mr. Swiger on the morning of December 16th, or recall him asking to use a restroom at a local business that morning, please call Detective Yahwhee at (541) 883-5336.”

Attachments

• 4340C987-EADA-4EAB-8DD5-62B1F571BFA2.jpeg
    4340C987-EADA-4EAB-8DD5-62B1F571BFA2.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 65F49E4F-7301-4CFE-A65D-44F18BC4AC32.jpeg
    65F49E4F-7301-4CFE-A65D-44F18BC4AC32.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 155
I don’t know Ethan or his family, but this case is heartbreaking.
I’d like to share that an organization working in Southern Oregon (Rogue Valley: Ashland, Talent, Medford area) called Compassion Highway Project, which is active on social media, often shares photos of folks who attend their outreach meal events. The COVID pandemic has halted their efforts, but I am hopeful that we might see Ethan pictured at one of those events...past or future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back