Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
The risk of traveling far from home for exercise is you are endangering the small, rural communities you are traveling to. In my state our Fish & Game department has started publishing the names and hometowns of "hikers" who have needed rescue over the past few days to TRY to deter the thousands of people that are treating this stay-at-home order as a vacation. Spoiler alert: most are from out of state or far from where they are hiking. You may think you're an experienced hiker but one slip and you're calling in our local rescue teams who can't socially distance while they are trying to rescue your behind off a mountain or out of a wilderness area.

Exercise outside in YOUR neighborhood. Walk YOUR streets. Don't tax small rural hospitals and police departments because you want a change of scenery.

Johnson & Johnson Announces Rapid Plan For Coronavirus Vaccine - News & Guts Media

A vaccine for COVID-19 may be available sooner than anticipated, according to pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson. Today the company is announcing a “landmark new partnership with U.S. Department of Health & Human Services; and commitment to supply one billion vaccines worldwide for emergency pandemic use.” J&J issued a statement saying:

The Company expects to initiate human clinical studies of its lead vaccine candidate at the latest by September 2020 and anticipates the first batches of a COVID-19 vaccine could be available for emergency use authorization in early 2021, a substantially accelerated timeframe in comparison to the typical vaccine development process.

Up to this point, most medical experts have said it would take at least 18 months to get a vaccine on the market.

NJ

A ShopRite employee at a store in East Windsor has tested positive for the coronavirus, company officials reported Monday.

This is the fifth ShopRite employee statewide to test positive for the virus, according to information provided by owner Wakefern Food Corp.

This is at least the eighth case of a New Jersey ShopRite employee either diagnosed with the virus or showing symptoms of the illness.

Employees at stores in Garwood, Morristown, Newark and Old Bridge have also tested positive for COVID-19. ShopRite stores in Little Falls, Hillside and Sparta have each reported an employee with COVID-19 symptoms.

5th ShopRite employee in N.J. tests positive for coronavirus

Yes, of course it was... I remain eager to hear what is going on and where it is going on....it helps put so many things in perspective. Vigilante group in Maine, dozens of cruise ships all over the coast of Florida (just found this out today!) and blissfully rejecting directions in rural states is going to influence us all. In the end...we are ONE country, and I hope we can convince larger folks in minimally populated areas to realize this.

I hope people in rural areas realize they are vitally important. Jmo

I had no idea that change was made as I must have missed on the threads. Thanks so much as I just assumed wrongly when I first followed and thought I wasn't eligible. Here's another link from MSM that says $0 income are eligible.

Answers to your questions about the stimulus package, including who gets the money and how much

Are individuals with little to no income or those on means-tested federal benefits, such as SSI, eligible for a recovery rebate? Yes, there is no qualifying income requirement. Even individuals with $0 of income are eligible for a rebate so long as they are not the dependent of another taxpayer and have a work-eligible SSN.

I’m trying to figure out how we’ll get money for my 18 year old high school senior who I claimed as a dependent on my taxes?! It seems kids 17+ that are still dependent may be getting nothing?!

NJ

If you’re planning on leaving the state during the coronavirus crisis, be careful. Your New Jersey license plate could paint a target on your back.

That’s what apparently happened to a couple of out-of-town workers in Vinalhaven, Maine, where an armed group of “vigilantes” allegedly told them to quarantine on Friday and even cut down a tree to block the driveway to their property, according to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Law enforcement officers “made contact with the complainant and discovered that a tree had in fact been cut down and dragged into the driveway to block the way," according to a release from the sheriff’s office, but the armed vigilantes “had dispersed prior to law enforcement’s arrival.”

An N.J. license plate leads armed ‘vigilantes’ to blockade workers with fallen tree amid coronavirus fears

I have wondered about that, with all the spring storms. What a loss it would be to lose entire freezer/refrigerator contents after stocking up if power goes out and stays out for awhile.
Thank you for this. Just asked hubby to start up the generator to make sure it's working properly. Hearing it hum through the window now.

I thought beaches in Florida were closed?!? Are they not under a stay at home order like the other 28 States??
They are closed in certain areas Like Miami, Ft Lauderdale, etc. I believe that’s being enforced. I guess Flagler County (NE FL) hasn’t closed theirs? There’s barriers here in SW FL to the beach parking lots.

I was shocked too. When I drove I-75 on Thursday to Tampa for my treatment, every single electronic sign said Public Beaches Closed.

On Fox I saw an interview with a doctor from NYC who has been on the frontline since the pandemic began there.

He said at first he was fearful for his patients, his family, and himself because he didnt know exactly how the virus spreads. He said as more is learned he's not as fearful now as long as everyone does what must be done.

He said if someone is in a confined space for 15 minutes or more they can get it if someone else has it by either standing close to them or shaking their hand or touching a surface the infected person touched.

He said the main way he thinks people are getting it is by touching surfaces which has the live virus, and then touching their own face whether mouth, eyes, or nose. He said humans dont realize how many times they touch their face every single day. That must stop even though a hard habit to break he said.

Of course he said sanitizing hands, face, and surfaces often is also key to keep it from spreading.

But our hand to our face is how he thinks it's spreading the most.

He even said it may be better to wear glasses instead of contacts now to prevent the airborne droplets from getting in our eyes. It also may stop people from rubbing their eyes as much.

I found him very interesting. I'm sorry I can't remember the doctor's name. It was a couple of days ago.

So we must try hard to not touch our face with our hands at any time especially when we must go out in the public for necessities.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member