Bill Cosby charged w/aggravated Sexual Assault/other Rape Allegations *conviction vacated* *civil trial 2022 guilty* #6

[Contribution 7089
Thread # 341449]

We'll have to wait and see, but I doubt this will change anything.
Cosby's apppeal is based on the judge allowing witnesses to testify in his trial that will also be testifying in other trials.
Judges can allow that to prove that Cosby had a pattern of criminal behaviour using the same MO.

Bill Cosby tweets Snoop Dogg from prison in defense of the rapper's criticism of Gayle King | Daily Mail Online

First how does BC get access to social media and a computer device while in prison?

What other special privileges does BC, a felon, get?

BC thanks snoop dog for ‘free BC’
BC accuses Gayle King for making tarnishing comments about black men even after they died after CBS ‘ presenter’ brought up Kobe Bryant’s sexual accusation in 2003

BC is in a PA prison serving 3-10 years for sexual assault

Bill Cosby tweets Snoop Dogg from prison in defense of the rapper's criticism of Gayle King | Daily Mail Online

First how does BC get access to social media and a computer device while in prison?

What other special privileges does BC, a felon, get?

BC thanks snoop dog for ‘free BC’
BC accuses Gayle King for making tarnishing comments about black men even after they died after CBS ‘ presenter’ brought up Kobe Bryant’s sexual accusation in 2003

BC is in a PA prison serving 3-10 years for sexual assault
I was wondering the same thing when BC started spoutin’ off after HW’s guilty verdict. SM access isn’t like a weekly phone call- why do they have access?!

I was wondering the same thing when BC started spoutin’ off after HW’s guilty verdict. SM access isn’t like a weekly phone call- why do they have access?!

I think Cosby's publicist, Andrew Wyatt, is doing the actual tweeting. Cosby just dictates what he wants said. And I bet Wyatt puts his own spin in there too.

Does anyone think the felon will be released early because of Coronavirus, IF the prison are releasing some prisoners early?

I hope not in this case.
That remains to be seen, however, IMO where Cosby is designated as a "violent sexual predator" my guess is he'd be one of the last to be released.
I believe that non violent prisoners only are being considered at this time.

Here's another article.
https://pagesix.com/2020/03/25/bill...released-from-jail-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/

Bill Cosby granted appeal in Pennsylvania sex assault case

Philadelphia – In a stunning decision that could test the legal framework of #MeToo cases, comedian Bill Cosby has won the right to fight his 2018 sexual assault conviction in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.

The 82-year-old Cosby has been imprisoned in suburban Philadelphia for nearly two years after a jury convicted him of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home in 2004. He’s serving a three- to 10-year sentence.

The Supreme Court has agreed to review two aspects of the case, including the judge’s decision to let prosecutors call five other accusers to testify about long-ago encounters with the once-powerful actor and comedian. Cosby’s lawyers have long challenged that testimony as remote and unreliable. The court will also consider, as it weighs the scope of the testimony allowed, whether the jury should have heard evidence that Cosby had given quaaludes to women in the past...

Bill Cosby granted appeal in Pennsylvania sex assault case

Philadelphia – In a stunning decision that could test the legal framework of #MeToo cases, comedian Bill Cosby has won the right to fight his 2018 sexual assault conviction in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.

The 82-year-old Cosby has been imprisoned in suburban Philadelphia for nearly two years after a jury convicted him of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home in 2004. He’s serving a three- to 10-year sentence.

The Supreme Court has agreed to review two aspects of the case, including the judge’s decision to let prosecutors call five other accusers to testify about long-ago encounters with the once-powerful actor and comedian. Cosby’s lawyers have long challenged that testimony as remote and unreliable. The court will also consider, as it weighs the scope of the testimony allowed, whether the jury should have heard evidence that Cosby had given quaaludes to women in the past...
The rule of evidence allows testimony from past/future witnesses in separate cases that may prove a certain pattern or MO a defendant may use to commit the same type of crime over and over. In this case, the judge allowed that.
As far as allowing the Quaalude evidence to be heard, If i remember right, Cosby's attorney claimed there was a non disclosure agreement connected to the settlement he paid in a previous case, but I believe (and I could be wrong) that the agreement wasn't in writing, so the judge allowed it.

Bill Cosby's lawyers file appeal, ask for new sexual assault trial

Cosby, 83, is serving a three- to 10-year sentence and has been behind bars for nearly two years.

Bill Cosby's lawyers on Tuesday filed an appeal seeking a new trial, arguing that it was "fundamentally unfair" that the judge at his 2018 sexual assault trial allowed Cosby's deposition from a civil lawsuit to be used against him.

When the disgraced comedian provided that deposition, Cosby believed he essentially had immunity from prosecution, his lawyers said in the court filing, echoing an argument they have made previously...

Bill Cosby's lawyers file appeal, ask for new sexual assault trial

Cosby, 83, is serving a three- to 10-year sentence and has been behind bars for nearly two years.

Bill Cosby's lawyers on Tuesday filed an appeal seeking a new trial, arguing that it was "fundamentally unfair" that the judge at his 2018 sexual assault trial allowed Cosby's deposition from a civil lawsuit to be used against him.

When the disgraced comedian provided that deposition, Cosby believed he essentially had immunity from prosecution, his lawyers said in the court filing, echoing an argument they have made previously...

Bad guys or gals always say their sentence is unfair.

In my opinion only (there!), I can't see him rising to a respected and loved entertainer and speaker of truth ever again. He has been disgraced by his own actions. His legacy will remain one of forced victimization by him and the shame that comes with it. The nature of this particular beast we now know. His reputation is merde. I don't care if he gets out or not. The WORLD knows the Truth. That is the greatest punishment, as I, and I alone, see it.

The Felon also uses his status as member of an oppressed group to try and gather support.

(By the way as an Elvis Presley fan i hate it when black activists pretend Elvis never acknowledged his debt to black singers when he did).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903
Back