Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go to my daughter in a heartbeat, she is close by. My Mother, yes, but if she was seriously ill, it would probably be too late. She is quite elderly. More to deal with her numerous pets.

My sons are all over, probably not feasible, unless it was serious. They all have awesome girlfriends, one is engaged.

I am hoping that everyone will be okay. Stressed lately about reading that young, seemingly healthy young people are actually dying.
My stress becomes more intense everyday. Just when I think I can keep it in check - something happens to intensify and blow away my efforts. I just got a call from one of my three sisters. Two sisters have just been notified their sons have been exposed to the virus through work and have immediately been sent home. My brother-in-law has a weakened immune system due to liver disease. This leaves one sister to provide for Mama. One of my sons and her son work for her own declared essential business. I don’t like to use this word but I hate this virus! Hate, hate, hate it! You better watch your back COVID-19! We’re coming for you like assassins. We will kill you. Be prepared to die!
imo always...

Received an email from my cable company about a free virtual education hub.

I entered a school I am familiar with and nothing came up, but hopefully others will have better luck.

As for me, I am limiting my Covid updates to WS and a once a day check-in on the news channel. Other than that, I have officially switched to the cartoon channel and the dog, the cat and I are reverting to childhood.

My 8 y.o. grand niece is a lovely little social butterfly. Her mommy is a Special Ed teacher and I am sharing some of our correspondence on what they are doing to keep the little one busy:

I have her on a schedule which has been working great! I write down all the activities and she loves ticking each one off once she is done. To get free time on her ipad she has to finish her multiplication quizzes, subtraction, contraction worksheets, journal, and spelling. Each time she finishes one activity she gets 15 min of ipad time until she is done. We also do board games, making bracelets, arts and crafts, play cards, sing, practice gymnastics, play hangman and read books. We are also watching movies on Netflix. Last night we saw Wonder. What a fabulous movie! Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson are in it. ... Her day is pretty full and it seems to be working for now. I think two months of this may not work as she is very sociable as you said and misses her friends. She does face time on Whats App with 3 buddies which is great! ... I also show her all the photos and super cute videos [that others send]

Whew, I get tired just reading that.

I love another idea of kids creating rainbows and hearts to display in the window.

...As for me, I am limiting my Covid updates to WS and a once a day check-in on the news channel. Other than that, I have officially switched to the cartoon channel and the dog, the cat and I are reverting to childhood.

Thank you for sharing this. Last week, I had one terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I felt anxious and unsettled, couldn't concentrate, didn't eat, hadn't slept well, and my BP was higher than it should be. I decided that it was in my best interest to avoid the depressing and frequently negative 24/7 media coverage. I feel much better focusing on the positive and watching only Task Force briefings for updates on COVID-19. The medical professionals provide all the information I need, and I don't want to watch or listen to commentary from those who are not experts in the field or those who want to put their own spin on the facts.

I entered a school I am familiar with and nothing came up, but hopefully others will have better luck.

As for me, I am limiting my Covid updates to WS and a once a day check-in on the news channel. Other than that, I have officially switched to the cartoon channel and the dog, the cat and I are reverting to childhood.

My daughter's school has about 12 items listed. I'll check them out later but don't look that exciting at first glance.

Sing along!

YouTube

You can sing "hands....washing hands....don't touch me, I won't touch you!"

Me too. I think a lot of us are. I propose we set up a thread (somewhere? sometime?) for a good old-fashioned slumber party. Complete with snacks, soda pop, giggles, nursery rhymes, childhood games, music and cartoons.
BYOS:Bring your own silliness.

This is my plan for sanity too! Not sticking my head in the sand, but not immersing myself in every new scary case either. Hoping it’s over asap! In the meantime, highly recommend original Scooby, Pink Panther, Ant & Aardvark, Huckleberry Hound... never too old!

Thank you for sharing this. Last week, I had one terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I felt anxious and unsettled, couldn't concentrate, didn't eat, hadn't slept well, and my BP was higher than it should be. I decided that it was in my best interest to avoid the depressing and frequently negative 24/7 media coverage. I feel much better focusing on the positive and watching only Task Force briefings for updates on COVID-19. The medical professionals provide all the information I need, and I don't want to watch or listen to commentary from those who are not experts in the field or those who want to put their own spin on the facts.
Amen! This is the plan!♥️

1. Angelina Jordan - singer from Norway. Won Norway's got talent at 7 years old.
She is a prodigy and a wonder.
She is the best singer I've ever heard. I've been a huge fan for 6 or 8 months.

YouTube Rabbit Holes you have stumbled down and never regretted.
  • Not related to true crime.
  • Uplifting and positive.
  • Relaxing and leaves you feeling better about life in general.

DES: COVID-19 Information for Individuals

Independent contractors and self-employed workers are not typically eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. However, these individuals may qualify for federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance available as a result of COVID-19. The Division of Employment Security is awaiting guidance from the federal government to implement the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program. This website will be updated as more information becomes available.

Sigh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member