Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chillicothe (Mo.) Constitution-Tribune
November 13, 1995
Springfield, MO, (AP)- A group of veteran detectives who have reviewed the 1992 disappearance of three women has reached the same conclusions as police did.

The three women –Sherrill Levitt, her daughter Suzanne Streeter and Streeter’s classmate Stacy McCall- all were apparently abducted from Levitt’s home in June 1992.

The Missouri Violent Crime Support Unit has finished reviewing the case files, and close to 30 leads will be re-examined, said police Capt. Darrell Crick.

The support unit and Springfield investigators agreed that the motive was sexual assault, rather than drug dealing. They also agreed on the same list of suspects, although the two groups ranked them differently on a scale of suspicion.

Police stopped working the case full time last spring, and the list of suspects still stands at about 12.
Good for them. Again, this is not an official, officially released, usage of the term "suspect." This is an AP article, which says there are "about" a dozen people these cops suspect of being likely candidates. (And a dozen? Lets you know they hadn't centered on a suspect -- and, 23 years after the article, still have no clue.) "Suspect" is a noun; "to suspect," an infinitive verb.

The facts are they botched it and need to go back to square one.

how could they say the van sighting was credible from the porch lady?

It’s bogus and makes zero sense and yet they took her word for it. Why is the question I want answered.

MOO

Good for them. Again, this is not an official, officially released, usage of the term "suspect." This is an AP article, which says there are "about" a dozen people these cops suspect of being likely candidates. (And a dozen? Lets you know they hadn't centered on a suspect -- and, 23 years after the article, still have no clue.) "Suspect" is a noun; "to suspect," an infinitive verb.
2 of the 12 since then are deceased . So you could officially say 10 now .

Because someone asked on the last thread .
Thank you for the excellent map. I would be curious to see if any other similar addresses could have any possibilities. Is there a west Delmar? Could there be a numeric address error like 1771, 7117, 7171 etc? Did anything unusual happen at a similar address within a short period of time after the abductions?

Yes, adding my thanks to all who have posted maps and articles for the new thread. Hoping more follow, and also theories. These latter matter not so much as whether they're right or wrong - it's hard to say, one way or another - but because they provide different perspectives, and thus help inform our own.

Thank you for the excellent map. I would be curious to see if any other similar addresses could have any possibilities. Is there a west Delmar? Could there be a numeric address error like 1771, 7117, 7171 etc? Did anything unusual happen at a similar address within a short period of time after the abductions?
I think it’s an odd coincidence that JBK and SS street numbers were the same , same as DR also lived on Primrose , but west about 5 miles .

There were reported burglaries in the area , I believe the larger homes to the west of Delmar , that might be Germaine to the case .

1992 McCall, Stacy K. June 7,1992

I WILL POST THIS AGAIN. I FIND IT VERY INTERESTING. DO YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUSPECTS AND IF THEY CHANGED AFTER THE DISAPPEARANCE?

(from The hourlong program aired on KOZK, a public television station.)

Springfield Police Chief Terry Knowles said the departmentcould protect those who provide information if necessary.

Wright said, "Criminals do not commit these crimes in vacuum. They suffer from anxiety and stress just like everyoneelse does."

Behavior changes after the commission of a crime may involve not drinking alcohol when the person usually drinks, or going to church when the person did not previously.

"Very often when we try to control our behavior, we overcontrol our behavior," Wright said.

1992 McCall, Stacy K. June 7,1992

I WILL POST THIS AGAIN. I FIND IT VERY INTERESTING. DO YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUSPECTS AND IF THEY CHANGED AFTER THE DISAPPEARANCE?

(from The hourlong program aired on KOZK, a public television station.)

Springfield Police Chief Terry Knowles said the departmentcould protect those who provide information if necessary.

Wright said, "Criminals do not commit these crimes in vacuum. They suffer from anxiety and stress just like everyoneelse does."

Behavior changes after the commission of a crime may involve not drinking alcohol when the person usually drinks, or going to church when the person did not previously.

"Very often when we try to control our behavior, we overcontrol our behavior," Wright said.

I can't ever recall there being said, even on the message boards filled with melodrama, at which hyperbole was standard operating procedure, that, suddenly, Suspect A took to the bottle like he was born distilled, or that Suspect B up and joined the Lutherans.

The grim sorts who form the Usual Suspects for 3MW don't strike me as an over-compensating bunch - with a single exception.

And pro killers? Nah, they wouldn't, no one would suspect them anyway. (Yes, that's my theory of the week!)

Last edited:
I can't ever recall there being said, even on the message boards filled with melodrama, at which hyperbole was standard operating procedure, that, suddenly, Suspect A took to the bottle like he was born distilled, or that Suspect B up and joined the Lutherans.

The grim sorts who form the Usual Suspects for 3MW don't strike me as an over-compensating bunch - with a single exception.

And pro killers? Nah, they wouldn't, no one would suspect them anyway. (Yes, that's my theory of the week!)
We will have to agree to disagree that there is a single exception to the over compensating bunch.

@Hurricane
Pretty sure ol Steve is in isolation ? And if he gets the Rona O’well .

Speaking of early parolees . I was reading thread 1 , where you were discussing the Chandler Oklahoma 3 that went missing a few days before the Springfield 3, possibly being under Cox .

They were found in 2014, after the brother snitched that his sister and mom had him bury them under a septic tank, after they violently shot & stabbed them including the Six year old . The ex mother in law Beverly Noe pled guilty and got 15 yrs and 15 years parole . I found out she got released this January after serving 5 .
Pathetic.

The home was staged so that would point to people who were trying to conceal their real purpose.

So who out of the people we have discussed who want to do that ?

MOO

This a critically important point.

The question I would ask is who would know how to stage it while being careful enough not to leave evidence behind.

A cop would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member