GA GA - Jessica Dietzel, aka Jessica Vanzant, 21, POI named, Albany, Feb 2020

21-Year Old still missing after two weeks

Noted in article:
•On Tuesday, Albany investigators say they received third-party information that 21-year old Jessica Dietzel willingly got into a newer model, dark-colored, Ford Taurus.

•The person reporting said they saw this at Luxury Inn Hotel between noon and one this afternoon.

Reminder: this is third party info that LE received
I am Jessica's
It is actually confirmed that it was not her as the family has spoke with the girl it was. I have also never witnessed a law Enforcement Agency basically say, "Rumor has it. I jusT spoke to her mother for 2 hours. She went missing in Albany and they still havent taken a Missing Persons report. The report comes out of Lee County where her mother lives and Lee has gone above and beyond.
I am Jessica Vanzant Dietzel's mother. I want to correct the information associated with her disappearance. The Albany Police Department put an official press release reporting third party information that had not been confirmed. Eventually it was confirmed not to be Jessica. Our local news affiliate WALB reported this press release. The APD and WALB have yet to retract the release.

Anyone with any information on Jessica’s whereabouts is asked to call the Albany Police Department 229-431-2100, the Albany Area Crime Stoppers at 229-436-TIPS or the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 229-759-6012.

I mapped the locations in the article you linked:

View attachment 235832
Google Maps

All locations are general, as no specific address was given:
  • Creekside Dr, Leesberg - where Jessica lives
  • Allen Avenue, Albany - where reporting relative lived, and noted that Jessica was last seen in Albany
  • Radium Springs Road - where Jessica has been known to visit a person living in a tent by the road
Allen Avenue is where her boyfriend lives. They have had a volatile relationship with drug use involved. I am her mother and I live on Creekside. The man that lives in the tent is right down the road.

Dear @Sunshine Anne

We are glad you joined WS!
However, as a member posted above in order to stay in line with our TOS, we need you to start the verification process.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Up to the finalization of this process (or if you chose not to verify) you may please only post information that are substantiates by msm or le source lin and discuss those. Otherwise they may be be removed, see TOS
The Rules
I hope you will launch the verification process, we will try to follow up as quick as possible. If there are any question, please let me or another mod know, thanks!

Wow, I've just read through the thread... What a beautiful young lady. I will be praying for the best but this doesn't sound good.

My heart goes out to you, @Sunshine Anne, and I do hope that you are verified quickly.
t4527.gif

@Harvath, I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom!

A couple of links I didn't see posted - my apologies if I missed them:

CrimeOnline: URGENT: Family desperate for answers as young mom remains missing over a month

Video with Jessica's cousin and mother: Family of missing 21 year old continue to search for answers

Jessica's Facebook - last public post Nov 27, 2019: Jessica Vanzant Dietzel

Allen Avenue is where her boyfriend lives. They have had a volatile relationship with drug use involved. I am her mother and I live on Creekside. The man that lives in the tent is right down the road.
Thank you for clarifying the map locations, @Sunshine Anne. It is great to have you here, although I'm so sorry your daughter is missing. I hope you follow through with the verification process, because there are so many questions!

'It's Absolutely Horrible,' Mother Says Of 21-Year-Old Daughter's Disappearance More Than A Month Ago
A review of Jessica's information.

There have been other troubling signs as well. Dietzel’s puppy was found on the side of the road — still in the kennel she had for the dog. The young mom’s friends had also reported that shortly before she vanished, she had been headed to visit a man living in a tent, Johnson said.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office and Albany Police Department are working in conjunction on the case. While Dietzel lived in Lee County she was last seen in Albany near the Flint River.

She’s sunshine,” her mother said.

Dietzel is described as being 5’7” and weighing 150 pounds. She has green eyes, long blonde hair and a tattoo on her upper left chest near her collar bone that says “Elena.”

Anyone with any information on Jessica’s whereabouts is asked to call the Albany Police Department 229-431-2100, the Albany Area Crime Stoppers at 229-436-TIPS or the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 229-759-6012.

Jessica Vanzant Dietzel: Mother’s desperate plea as daughter remains missing over two months

APRIL 22 2020
•Jessica vanished at some point between Feb 16 and March 1.
•Her mother last had contact with her via Facebook messenger on Feb. 4.
•JD spotted on surveillance footage at the Enmarket convenience store on Clark Avenue in Albany (February 13, 5:45 a.m.)
•Then, on Feb. 18, Jessica sent messages to a number of people while using someone else’s phone.
• She was at Deep South Motel in Albany, Georgia on Feb 18.
Authorities traced the phone to a “very uncooperative” person of interest who has since hired an attorney.
•LE are currently driving around each location where the phone pinged
•. JD’s ex, Kenneth Leslie Dietzel, was released from jail a few days before she disappeared. He is now back in jail.

Very concerned that Jessica's ex was released from Jail only two days prior to her disappearance.

I see he is back in jail.
Thank you @mlhenn
For the above info

Jessica Vanzant Dietzel: Mother’s desperate plea as daughter remains missing over two months

APRIL 22 2020
•Jessica vanished at some point between Feb 16 and March 1.
•Her mother last had contact with her via Facebook messenger on Feb. 4.
•JD spotted on surveillance footage at the Enmarket convenience store on Clark Avenue in Albany (February 13, 5:45 a.m.)
•Then, on Feb. 18, Jessica sent messages to a number of people while using someone else’s phone.
• She was at Deep South Motel in Albany, Georgia on Feb 18.
Authorities traced the phone to a “very uncooperative” person of interest who has since hired an attorney.
•LE are currently driving around each location where the phone pinged
•. JD’s ex, Kenneth Leslie Dietzel, was released from jail a few days before she disappeared. He is now back in jail.
That’s quite a bit of new info! Sounds like LE is making progress. Hope Jessica is found soon- doesn’t sound good with the ex bf. Glad he’s in the slammer- hope they can keep him there.

Noting:
  • Lee County Sheriff’s Office continues to actively investigate the case.
  • “We’re continuously interviewing friends and associates of Jessica and also we have traveled to Bay County Sheriff’s Office in Florida and interviewed Stephen Etherton and his girlfriend,” Alday [a lead investigator] said.
  • Etherton is still a POI and Alday said they plan to talk to him again soon.
  • Etherton has been a POI for a while but only recently have investigators been able to track him down for questioning.
  • Albany police and the Dougherty County Sheriff’s Office are also investigating. They say there have been no new leads or tips in their investigation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back